• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

he's shouting a lot, complaining about the 4 year extension, complaining about Gilbert, complaining about the tinordi trade, complaining about the teams regression over the past 3 seasons, complaining about the system, etc etc...

he's also complaining about the people who refuse to blame MT for anything, he's on fire it's hilarious

I need to listen to this

imBask

Banned
Marinaro saying Therrien isn't coaching anymore, he's just trying to please his veterans so he doesn't lose the locker room. Very true

QebuMdS.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Funny thing for Montreal: They won with bad possession numbers last year. Last 25 games this year: ANA, 55.4CF%. LAK, 55.4%. MTL: 54.65%.

Over that 25-game span, Montreal's also 28th in 5 on 5 save percentage, 29th in 5 on 5 shooting percentage, 30th in the ol' PDO.

This is a better team than last year by a large margin

zroid

Banned
This is a better team than last year by a large margin

PDO extremes make people crazy. In the first month and a half, it was unsustainably high, and people were planning parades. Since then it's been unsustainably low and people want to fire / trade everyone. This is the same team!

I bet they'll get hot in the next few weeks and in April it will wind up somewhere around 100. (Meanwhile Price coming back should fix the save % problem)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
PDO extremes make people crazy. In the first month and a half, it was unsustainably high, and people were planning parades. Since then it's been unsustainably low and people want to fire / trade everyone. This is the same team!

I bet they'll get hot in the next few weeks and in April it will wind up somewhere around 100. (Meanwhile Price coming back should fix the save % problem)
Exactly, people don't understand how much of a perfect storm this has been for their decline. It's easy to look at the record and say they're shit, but this isn't a bad team. I can see Bergevins predicament, especially missing the teams MVP. Therriens handling of Desharnais / Galchenyuk should be enough for him to be fired regardless.

imBask

Banned
i'm currently debating with people on HFBoards who think journalists know what HF is and actually take the time to read through their garbage

kinda reminds me of how r/squaredcircle think they actually matter in the wrestling world

Entropia

No One Remembers

God damn, Canes were on a tear. Now I think we're back to our losing ways.

i'm currently debating with people on HFBoards who think journalists know what HF is and actually take the time to read through their garbage

kinda reminds me of how r/squaredcircle think they actually matter in the wrestling world

Hey man, HHH loved that fruitbasket, and Tyson Kidd loved that montage portrait thing.

KingBroly

Banned
I'm wondering how many games each team played since Dec. 2 for those numbers.

I'm surprised at how many points Tampa's had since then. It doesn't feel like they've done that well.

Solo

Sad thing is that Bergevin has his thumb so far up Therrien's ass that he'll probably get to keep his job unless the Habs miss the playoffs. I'd welcome no playoffs if thats what it takes to get him gone.

imBask

Banned
Sad thing is that Bergevin has his thumb so far up Therrien's ass that he'll probably get to keep his job unless the Habs miss the playoffs. I'd welcome no playoffs if thats what it takes to get him gone.

Won't happen. As Tremblay said on the radio this morning, the CAD is shit right now and it would take about 2 playoff rounds just to make up for the deficit it's creating, I doubt Molson will let the boat sink that far

Carolina has a lower attendance than when the Whalers left Hartford.
attendence-600x388.jpg

Ironically, the owner felt he would have more success in Carolina then he would in Hartford. Admittingly Hartford likely would have moved regardless since those numbers are still bad (not to mention being sandwiched between Boston and New York) but in hindsight, he probably could have picked a better city.

Ironically, the owner felt he would have more success in Carolina then he would in Hartford. Admittingly Hartford likely would have moved regardless since those numbers are still bad (not to mention being sandwiched between Boston and New York) but in hindsight, he probably could have picked a better city.

Why not move Carolina to Seattle?

I'd Welcome the Seattle Whalers

Solo

Won't happen. As Tremblay said on the radio this morning, the CAD is shit right now and it would take about 2 playoff rounds just to make up for the deficit it's creating, I doubt Molson will let the boat sink that far

Let us hope. I'm genuinely surprised that Molson has let it go this far. If I'm Bergevin I'm feeling like I'm on the hot seat too by this point.

would hockey work over there though? They already have the Seahawks, and the Sounders are the most popular MLS team

nothing against Seattle, just asking

I'd imagine it would at least do better then Carolina and Hartford if they did get a team. Helps they would have a rivalry in the form of the Canucks. Canes don't have anything really close to that.

zroid

Banned
It always seemed to me like Seattle is a town that really loves its sports teams, so I'm guessing they would embrace an NHL franchise quickly, even though it isn't necessarily a hockey market. The other thing is I believe they will have a natural rivalry with Vancouver which should get fans amped up somewhat.

He's a better Captain than Gionta ever will be.
Gionta was a fucking fraud. This is his first year as Captain so I'm giving him a pass for now, if you actually listen to some of interviews instead of being a prick you'd see that he actually gives a rats ass about this team. So piss off Solo. I sometimes wonder how this team would look if Gallagher or Subban was Captain

I'm sick and tired of people shitting on Pacioretty. I'm sorry if I'd seen little unhinged right now. This team is driving me insane

god damn Creeper do you want some catnip

Top Bottom