• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

@BWildeCTV
BREAKING NEWS

Strong source confirms Habs making a huge push today putting a more significant package on table to acquire Drouin

1098.gif

so Drouin still hasn't bee traded?

Fucking hell I thought Yzerman said or someone said he was going to be moved within 24 hours like 72 hours ago

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
If they manage to trade for Drouin, Therriens not going anywhere, unless this was to content after Price is back which seems inconceivable.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Name your 4 top prospects Habs-GAF.

At minimum 3 of them would have to go.

And also AGally because I want to see meltdowns.

zroid

Banned
I think the Leafs should try to trade Reimer for Cam Ward (+ futures obviously). Ward has a NTC though which could be a problem.

If Reims keeps playing well then he could really help the Canes make a legit push for the playoffs.

Red_Man

Name your 4 top prospects Habs-GAF.

At minimum 3 of them would have to go.

And also AGally because I want to see meltdowns.
The last I heard it was a NHL defensemen plus a top prospect.

If they do go through with it, I hope they don't give them McCarron. He has too much potential to be a monster.

KingBroly

Banned
Carolina has a lower attendance than when the Whalers left Hartford.
attendence-600x388.jpg

Well...Carolina hasn't been good in 5 years or so? That's definitely going to drive attendance down. For the last two years or so there was talk that the team was going to be moved, so that kinda drove fans away as well. Also the new uniforms they chose SUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

I wish they moved to Charlotte when the Hornets left. Could've gotten a new arena and been a town darling. Charlotte has a lot of hockey fans nowadays.

@TSNBobMcKenzie
MTL one of handful of teams with serious interest but it's near impossible to handicap frontrunner/timeline. Only Steve Yzerman knows that.

@TSNBobMcKenzie 10m10 minutes ago
MTL's Rick Dudley was in SYR on Saturday watching Drouin. Today at 3:05 pm ET, SYR and Drouin are playing the Rochester Americans.

I bet Drouin goes to Anaheim by Today.

imBask

Banned
i'm still a little worried about Drouin. The price seems a little high for a guy that never proved anything in the NHL, I usually don't care about junior stats

Quick

Banned
I was thinking like

2016 4th
Minnesota's 2nd 2016
2017 4th
2018 4th
2019 4th
2020 4th
Andrighetto
Emelin
Reway
Juulsen

That's what i'd give them.

That's what it took to get Stamkos to Arizona in my Be the GM. I'm just doing what I know.

I was gonna do this to get Steen on my Be A GM Ducks team at the trade deadline, and the Blues offered him to me as well, but I didn't bite on it. Steen got traded to the BJs, then went to FA, where I signed him to a massive contract and had to trade some roster players for cap relief. Realism!

Red_Man

Trading now when he's at his most vulnerable is a disaster in the making for Bergevin. He's always stuck by his idea if protecting prospects and picks though, interesting to see how it shakes out. We haven't seen him in this position before so there's no precedent set.

Trading now when he's at his most vulnerable is a disaster in the making for Bergevin. He's always stuck by his idea if protecting prospects and picks though, interesting to see how it shakes out. We haven't seen him in this position before so there's no precedent set.

Freaks out hits send on Price, Subban, and Pacioretty plus 2 first rounders

Red_Man

Don't think I do the deal if they need Beaulieu included. Drouin will be the better player, but the hole left on our defence by shipping him out would be massive.

Freaks out hits send on Price, Subban, and Pacioretty plus 2 first rounders
That package didn't work to get Lecavlier, might as well try it again.

Samyy

Don't think I do the deal if they need Beaulieu included. Drouin will be the better player, but the hole left on our defence by shipping him out would be massive.

Therrien will fill that hole with grinding player Roman Polak

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

We could call up Tinordi and put some trust in him.......oh wait....

Ducks could give up one these defencemen for Drouin. Not sure if they would though.

Despres (aged 24)
Fowler (24)
Lindholm (21)
Theodore (20)
Vatanen (24)

Top Bottom