• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Marvie_3

Banned
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1172390

damn :(

They are dropping like flies this month. The Bowie and Lemmy one didn't really affect me but Glenn Frey? damn

Love The Eagles
Hated the Eagles but I love Glenn Frey's solo work. Same with Don Henley.

Never listened to Thin Lizzy.

Rush is tight as hell though.
Rush would be one of my favorite bands if Geddy Lee's voice didnt make me want to jab screwdrivers in my ears. Incredible musicians but that voice ruins it all.

Beatles was Shit. Didn't sound good at all.

The Doors, Led Zeppelin, others that were mentioned are real Classic Rocks.
Led Zeppelin? If you mean real classic thieves then you'd have a point.

Youre 100000% wrong on the Beatles too.

"Classic Rock" is getting harder to define as a genre. Are the Talking Heads classic rock now? 'Cause then they're they best.
They play Pearl Jam and STP on the classic rock station here. Im officially old. :(

Oh cool. Are you going to go to Law school or graduate school? Most people I know who have a degree in PoliSci are in graduate or law school

I haven't decided which of the two I'll be going to TBH. I'm not in a huge rush to decide ATM so I want to make sure the choice I make is the right one.

I haven't decided which of the two I'll be going to TBH. I'm not in a huge rush to decide ATM so I want to make sure the choice I make is the right one.

Ah got ya. Yeah as long as you have a good GPA you should be good.

IDK how different it is in Canada though for those types of schools

Orca

Wife lost her job on Friday. Kind of sucks with us behind on things already but I'll figure it out.

Anyway...Oilers winning! And cue the stupid penalties.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I'm liking my actual classes and stuff this term but all the extracurricular bs not so much.

Long story short I had a bad term, had to cancel a couple classes. So I called studentaidBC to cancel my full time application on dec 30th. They got it so I thought I was good and would do a part time one in the first week of class. Turns out they didn't, gave me all loans, despite only asking for grants. So I had to go to the bank, they send the money back. I think I'm good again, do a part time application drop it off at financial aid on campus.

Get a call fri before class, "Oh hey it's studentaid, we see you dropped a class so you're not eligible for funding. Oh your part time app we didn't get that you're still on full time. What do you mean you called 3 times and were told to email the admin and send money back? Oh you're on disability and can take a reduced class load? Too bad still no funds."

So today we go in to ask the financial aid ppl at the college wtf we're supposed to do to get this damn loan cancelled and out of overaward. They say call NCLSC or whatever, call them they say we never got our money back, i say I sent it to student aid. Oh no you have to send it to us. Oh wait according to this we got it from studentaid, as well as a notice your available funding changed due to classes dropped. Oh and we sent you 3 cheques for the exact amount you paid us back(WTF?). So yeah you'll have to send those back to us when they get there, then call studentaid and they an figure out how to cancel your loan. So I call studentaid they try to transfer me to a supervisor as I've now got misinformation 3 times. It fails to transfer 3 times so I have to call, confirm my info and ask for someone again. Then the student aid support desk they transfer me to has a full que and they don't put ppl on hold(WTF?) so plz call back later.

So now tomorrow I have to ask the college to send a request to cancel my application(ok?) wait for the cheques and send them back then I can open a part time application I already filled out. So I spent 4 hrs on the phone, got told to 5 different, contradictory things, and now I have to pray the ministry doesn't see all the funds coming and going and give me shit about this as it could effect my cheque next month. All b/c some idiot told me the wrong info and studentaid doesn't know wtf their doing. ugh >.>

Oh and it's my b-day and I get to spend it alone again :(

Yawnier

Banned
I'm liking my actual classes and stuff this term but all the extracurricular bs not so much.

Long story short I had a bad term, had to cancel a couple classes. So I called studentaidBC to cancel my full time application on dec 30th. They got it so I thought I was good and would do a part time one in the first week of class. Turns out they didn't, gave me all loans, despite only asking for grants. So I had to go to the bank, they send the money back. I think I'm good again, do a part time application drop it off at financial aid on campus.

Get a call fri before class, "Oh hey it's studentaid, we see you dropped a class so you're not eligible for funding. Oh your part time app we didn't get that you're still on full time. What do you mean you called 3 times and were told to email the admin and send money back? Oh you're on disability and can take a reduced class load? Too bad still no funds."

So today we go in to ask the financial aid ppl at the college wtf we're supposed to do to get this damn loan cancelled and out of overaward. They say call NCLSC or whatever, call them they say we never got our money back, i say I sent it to student aid. Oh no you have to send it to us. Oh wait according to this we got it from studentaid, as well as a notice your available funding changed due to classes dropped. Oh and we sent you 3 cheques for the exact amount you paid us back(WTF?). So yeah you'll have to send those back to us when they get there, then call studentaid and they an figure out how to cancel your loan. So I call studentaid they try to transfer me to a supervisor as I've now got misinformation 3 times. It fails to transfer 3 times so I have to call, confirm my info and ask for someone again. Then the student aid support desk they transfer me to has a full que and they don't put ppl on hold(WTF?) so plz call back later.

So now tomorrow I have to ask the college to send a request to cancel my application(ok?) wait for the cheques and send them back then I can open a part time application I already filled out. So I spent 4 hrs on the phone, got told to 5 different, contradictory things, and now I have to pray the ministry doesn't see all the funds coming and going and give me shit about this as it could effect my cheque next month. All b/c some idiot told me the wrong info and studentaid doesn't know wtf their doing. ugh >.>

Oh and it's my b-day and I get to spend it alone again :(

God damn dude. That is rough, and happy birthday.

Yes it is, shut up.

Never-GIF.gif

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Thx guys. Probably be an early night for me.

Speaking of bs what ever happened with your crazy room mate smiley? Did she try to kick you out or whatever she was threatening?

Two and a half months. November was a write off due to other personal circumstances. Just applied for geology job back in Saskatchewan. Would like to get an interview at least.

Well i hope you get one soon! Was the layoff due to the gas prices? ( I assume since geology)

I'm supposed to start the semester on Feb 8th but I doubt I'll make it to Spain on time so ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Wait you go to Spain already?

Same ole Thrashers

Kovalchuck didn't die for this

Tikhonov is garbage.

All you college kids... Always sucks right out of school and for like 10 years afterward. Keep your heads up and try to enjoy it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hope you find something. I'm still looking, sucks :(

yeup. I told myself i'll give it until the end of February to look just in Vancouver. If I don't find anything by then I'll have to start expanding the search to other Provinces, though I REALLY don't want to move.

Yawnier

Banned
I've been looking for work since I finished college in late june. Shit sucks but I've been able to keep myself busy with some side stuff.

Low oil prices doesn't help my field

So I assume you know Spanish or less likely Valencian? Sounds like it should be an awesome experience. Always wanted to go to Valencia and Barcelona for their museums and architecture.

Elche seems legit. Palermal of Elche is something you will have to go see and report back

Top Bottom