• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
he'll do fine in Vancouver I think

matthews-auston-action-cu.jpg

I mean he already looks high

Those dumbass ads are never not funny.

Those dumbass ads are never not funny.

They look so bad :lol

It is funny though since I am so used to ads on soccer jerseys that they look weird without the sponsor.

I really hope NHL doesn't put sponsors on the uniforms. They would look so weird. Same with the MLB. I don't care if the NFL or NBA do it though

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Who would you want to see them hire right now?
Isn't it basically just Guy Boucher available?
Boucher easily. Has coached our best players to a Calder cup, and I think having the best goalie in the world would give him a lot of freedom to do what he wants with guys like Subban and Galchenyuk.

same. As i've said before I'm not really a music guy. But my parents liked the Eagles so I grew up listening to them. 2016 sucks.

I have to constantly be listening to music :lol

But yeah I am not a big classic rock person but I have a massive appreciation for it due to my dad. There are a few groups like The Eagles, Pink Floyd and Simon & Garfunkel that I do love though.

Glad I got to see The Eagles live.

I don't get the hate for The Eagles.

Can you older gaffers fill me in?

For me it probably boils down to three things:

The Eagles Greatest Hits is the best selling record of all time. This just chaps my ass for some reason.

I never heard them at all growing up. My old man listened to a lot of 80s pop/rock. Tom Petty, Crowded House, Roxy Music, etc.

By the time I heard them, they just sounded lame. Totally unfair, but I just can't seem to like them.

imBask

Banned
I don't get the hate for The Eagles.

Can you older gaffers fill me in?

from my understanding they were "that sellout commercial band" before it was even a thing

I don't know, I don't care for them. Hotel California is a dope song, that's about it, RIP that guy anyway

For me it probably boils down to three things:

The Eagles Greatest Hits is the best selling record of all time. This just chaps my ass for some reason.

I never heard them at all growing up. My old man listened to a lot of 80s pop/rock. Tom Petty, Crowded House, Roxy Music, etc.

By the time I heard them, they just sounded lame. Totally unfair, but I just can't seem to like them.

They're sort of like the Linkin Park or Nickelback of the '70s.

from my understanding they were "that sellout commercial band" before it was even a thing

I don't know, I don't care for them. Hotel California is a dope song, that's about it, RIP that guy anyway

Ah got ya. I don't know much about classic rock like how I mentioned. I just listened to whatever my dad had on when I was growing up. But I know what I like of "classic rock"

imBask

Banned
Ah got ya. I don't know much about classic rock like how I mentioned. I just listened to whatever my dad had on when I was growing up. But I know what I like of "classic rock"

classic rock is simple :

Rush and Thin Lizzy are the 2 greatest bands of all time and anyone saying otherwise is just trolling

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Me too, actually. Listened to Revolver straight through the last four or five days in a row.

Nice.

See The Beatles are one band that I feel like if you didn't grow up with then they are hard to get into.

I just find them extremely boring.

I can get that people may not enjoy them which is fine, but they are pretty amazing. The number of albums they put out, the number of hits, the evolution of their sound is so impressive. I'm discovering great songs that I wasn't even familiar with before.

I can get that people may not enjoy them which is fine, but they are pretty amazing. The number of albums they put out, the number of hits, the evolution of their sound is so impressive. I'm discovering great songs that I wasn't even familiar with before.

Yeah I just find them boring is all. But different strokes for different folks ya know?

I just hate it when people are like WTF you don't like the Beatles? How can you not like the Beatles?

Like I get what they did for music and their influence but that doesn't mean I have to like their music

What does our centre depth look like? Horvat, McCann, Vey, Cracknell.

Take your time Sutter. Take your time.

I can see why the Oilers would be shopping RNH. Draisaitl and McDavid as their top two centres? I guess if he could net a top-pairing defenceman in a trade that could be worth it in a few years.

The Reporters are talking about John Scott.

It's stupid to blame fan voting, like it's this new thing that only started this year.

Feschuk blamed Scott, which seems really dumb.

Fixed.

Pierre LeBrun, when he was on TSN 1040 today, mentioned that when he did his piece on John Scott a few weeks ago, that when they had their phone interview, Scott mentioned that the ASG was 'probably going to be the only time I have my family together to watch me play' and pretty much addressed that 'by next year, I'll probably be out of the league'.

LeBrun also mentioned that is was an interesting parallel between two institutions on their way out: the tough guy/enforcer, and then the All-Star Game proper.

What does our centre depth look like? Horvat, McCann, Vey, Cracknell.

Take your time Sutter. Take your time.

I can see why the Oilers would be shopping RNH. Draisaitl and McDavid as their top two centres? I guess if he could net a top-pairing defenceman in a trade that could be worth it in a few years.

Draisaitl looks like the real fucking deal.

Yawnier

Banned
How the hell can you listen to a song like Rocky Raccoon and call that shit?!?!

The beatles did make a lot of really weird songs though, like on the white album.

If I was to check out the Eagles what should I check out beyond Hotel California?

I just have respect for their place in history but am not too familiar.

I do agree they're better than Nickelback though. Without even knowing the Eagles catalog

Classic rock fanboys are like Souls game fanboys. The product is good but the fans are so obnoxious they push people away from it

especially all the lewronggeneration shit.. I fucking hate that. I'm not sure what is more annoying, old men saying "all music now is shit" or 15 year olds saying "all music now is shit I was born in the generation feed me memes" Fuck those bastards

Top Bottom