• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The sky is almost always falling for Brooksie. There are valid points, and I would certainly agree that this team isn't going anywhere at this point so long as both Staal and Girardi are on the roster, but otherwise you have to take most of what he says with a grain of salt. Brooksie will always give you the doomsday side of the story.

One more thing I forgot to mention here. If you look at Brooks' complaints about AV in that article, they're literally ALL about how AV won't talk to him enough. As if that has fuck all to do with how AV does his actual job.

Especially because AV actually is pretty forthcoming about his team, just not necessarily in pre- and post-game interviews with Larry Brooks. AV has his own show on MSG called The AV Squad where he talks all about how the team is doing and where he thinks individual guys are on a regular basis, and they have segments where Scott Arniel and/or Ulfie breakdown film on why some things are/aren't working. Torts would never have allowed shit like that, that's for damn sure. I can't think of any other coach the Rangers have had who would, actually.

Therrien is a toad, yes. But the Habs' roster outside of Pacioretty, Subban and Price is very average.

edit: Password for TSN1050 was 'barplay66'.

imBask

Banned
Therrien is a toad, yes. But the Habs' roster outside of Pacioretty, Subban and Price is very average.

I somewhat disagree.

Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Plekanec, Gallagher are all decent to good top 6 players, Pacioretty MIGHT be a great top 6 player. Depends on how much he gives a shit.

Subban-Markov-Petry is a very solid top 3. Markov has slowed down quite a bit, and Beaulieu is doing a fine job at #4

Price is the best goalie in the league.

Even with that dirty slump, I still believe that a good coach and an elite top 6 player is still all that's missing

I somewhat disagree.

Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Plekanec, Gallagher are all decent to good top 6 players, Pacioretty MIGHT be a great top 6 player. Depends on how much he gives a shit.

Subban-Markov-Petry is a very solid top 3. Markov has slowed down quite a bit, and Beaulieu is doing a fine job at #4

Price is the best goalie in the league.

Even with that dirty slump, I still believe that a good coach and an elite top 6 player is still all that's missing

Jonathan Drouin might be the guy we need.

imBask

Banned
Jonathan Drouin might be the guy we need.

I don't know. QJMHL stats are and always were a dirty trap. 100 pointers are not rare, and Drouin proved nothing in the NHL so far. Yannick Perreault once scored 185 points in the QJMHL, and the guy couldn't skate properly he was pretty much just running on the ice with his skates on

i'm not saying I wouldn't welcome him, but I don't know if i'm willing to drop Beaulieu, McCaron and a pick for a "maybe"

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Brass was sent home with the flu this morning. "Highly unlikely" that he'll play tonight. A few other players also dealing with illness.

Kevin Klein will be a game time decision. If he plays, McIlrath sits. *grumble grumble*

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

edit: Password for TSN1050 was 'barplay66'.

They're average aside from their Elite scorer, Norris calibre defenseman, and Hart Trophy/Vezina winning goalie.

Remove those pieces from every other team and see what we end up with.

You're also forgetting Gallagher, who is way better than anyone realises.

#Habs lines vs #Bruins:
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Desharnais - Weise
Fleischmann - Eller - Byron
Flynn - Mitchell - DSP

Markov - Subban
Emelin - Petry
Beaulieu - Barberio

Condon starting
Scrivens

Scratches: De la Rose, Bartley, Pateryn

Galchenyuk being a LW makes me sad.

NHL ‏@NHL 2m2 minutes ago

John Scott will captain the Pacific Division All-Stars at the 2016 #NHLAllStar game. http://s.nhl.com/6014BX7G4

what a dumb league

Does he wear a Habs Jersey or a Coyotes Jersey?

Solo

Galchenyuk being a LW makes me sad.

That entire lineup makes me barf. Not to beat the dead 1993 comparison horse too much, but in that year we had 3 guys at or near the 40 goal mark (Bellows 40 G, Damphousse 39 G, Muller 37 G), and 4 guys over 80 points (Damphousse 97 PTS, Muller 94 PTS, Bellows 88 PTS, LeBeau 80 PTS).

Different era and all, but goddamn.

One of each sewed together

Oh god. this is giving me flashbacks of that one time I saw a Bruins Jersey with a Leafs Logo.

h0LjtCP.gif

Fecking hell. Now I have to watch the ASG.

Mission accomplished, Bettman.

Remove those pieces from every other team and see what we end up with.

There's no need to speculate. One piece was removed, and we've all seen what's happened.

I think it's time for Guy.

Quick

Banned
NHL bending to the will of their fans? Wow.

Good for Scott. Get that ASG bonus cash. The next step is voting him in as ASG MVP.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ha, the Coyotes don't get to have another player in, so John Scott is officially the Coyotes' rep in the game.

There's a certain amount of justice in that.

Silexx

Watch John Scott pull out of the ASG at the very last minute just so the league has to scramble to fill his spot. One last 'fuck you' from Scott in his last year in the league.

Quick

Banned
For having a fan vote to begin with? Yes. For following through on the results of the fan voting? No.

I disagree.

The NHL has had fan voting for years now, and there's only ever been two similar cases that came up in the last decade - Rory Fitzpatrick and John Scott.

Fitzpatrick ended up getting outvoted in the end (*bettman twirling moustache*), but John Scott is the successful outcome of a similar campaign and the league didn't know what to do.

Fans wanted Scott, regardless of their intent (to make fun and/or to have fun). The Coyotes organization were the idiots who decided to trade him out of the division right before the ASG, blowing this whole thing up even more. It all definitely could've been a "business move", but it stinks with the timing of this trade.

Fan voting has done its intended purpose, to cast votes on who they want to see in the ASG. Regardless of their reasoning, fans wanted to see John Scott, so they voted and got him in the game.

This issue doesn't come up every single year, in any case.

Ha, the Coyotes don't get to have another player in, so John Scott is officially the Coyotes' rep in the game.

There's a certain amount of justice in that.

Like this whole debacle is the Coyotes' fault?

OEL not being in the ASG is a joke regardless of what's going on with Scott.

The Coyotes organization were the idiots who decided to trade him out of the division right before the ASG, blowing this whole thing up even more. It all definitely could've been a "business move", but it stinks with the timing of this trade.

Scott wasn't working out regardless. Being able to move him for anything is a trade that has to be made. The fact they got someone with at least the potential of upside in the return? That's what's important. The ASG stuff is a joke anyways.

Isabelle Khurshudyan
‏@ikhurshudyan
Holtby said he drinks 16-17 liters of water a day on game days. Said he left the game early because he had a vision-impaired migraine.

Holtby drinking all our water.

Quick

Banned
Like this whole debacle is the Coyotes' fault?

OEL not being in the ASG is a joke regardless of what's going on with Scott.

Scott wasn't working out regardless. Being able to move him for anything is a trade that has to be made. The fact they got someone with at least the potential of upside in the return? That's what's important. The ASG stuff is a joke anyways.

Should've maybe had Yotes fans vote for OEL then. lol

Not to take the ASG too seriously, but with the circus surrounding it with Scott, it was definitely stupid to have moved him right before the ASG. Did you not look up Jarred Tinordi at all? Dude played three games this season. This is the kind of trade that probably could've happened after the ASG. Not saying Tinordi won't ever turn into a decent player, but right now, it's such a nonessential deal. :lol

To be fair though, Dreger is usually out to lunch.

Does Dregs have any relatives in the Habs organization?

Should've maybe had Yotes fans vote for OEL then. lol

Not to take the ASG too seriously, but with the circus surrounding it with Scott, it was definitely stupid to have moved him right before the ASG. Did you not look up Jarred Tinordi at all? Dude played three games this season. This is the kind of trade that probably could've happened after the ASG. Not saying Tinordi won't ever turn into a decent player, but right now, it's such a nonessential deal. :lol

Does Dregs have any relatives in the Habs organization?

Did we Hire Dave Nonis's French Brother Recently?

Top Bottom