• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

imBask

Banned
They asked the players who should be the next captain

Gallagher smiled
Galchenyuk said he would have to ask his gf
Subban tweeted a selfie to promote his candidacy
Emelin said "sorry no speak english"
Desharnais wasn't there, ski trip with his buddy Michel Therrien
Petry was busy designing his poutine
Price got up to speak but his knees exploded

calder

Even though he didn't *technically* play for the Ducks last year, I'm sure Ducks-GAF, being stand up guys, will agree that the four game sweep of the Jets is now null and void due to the Horcroff news. We can't let drug cheats prosper, think of the children, #hottake, etc etc.

What sort of banner do we get for making it to the second round? Any Sharks or Blues fans know off hand?

Yawnier

Banned
I'm still surprised the Habs players chose Pacioretty for captain. He's been a complete nightmare all season in his approach to after game interviews and the numerous times he's hung various (unnamed at least) teammates out to dry.

Maybe if he busted his ass as hard as he does when the net is empty all the time he could actually inspire some change.

MaxPac has his own mcdonalds hamburger though, so he's not that bad....

C'est Le Max 67

cafzya1vaaa75sv.jpg

So blackouts are still a thing under this new group?

Well it looks like I'll still be looking elsewhere to watch your product because you can't figure out a way to make even more money.

Even though he didn't *technically* play for the Ducks last year, I'm sure Ducks-GAF, being stand up guys, will agree that the four game sweep of the Jets is now null and void due to the Horcroff news. We can't let drug cheats prosper, think of the children, #hottake, etc etc.

What sort of banner do we get for making it to the second round? Any Sharks or Blues fans know off hand?

Jets were in the playoffs?

You get a banner with Teemu's face on it. Everyone will like it

Chris R

Anyone else gonna play The Witness today? I haven't really been excited to play a new release in a long ass time.

I'm downloading it at work and will play some at lunch if it has steam cloud, then take it home and get another 45 minutes in before the Avs game starts.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kevin DeLury ‏@kevindelury 2h 2 hours ago

In the 7 games since being traded to Canucks, Etem has just one point (an assist vs. NYR) and is a -50 Corsi. Small sample size, but yikes.
Thanks Vancouver!

Nicklas Jensen has 3 goals and an assist with the Wolf Pack, just in case you were wondering.

zroid

Banned
Denver Post on Varlamov's civil case hearing, which was today:

The former girlfriend of Avalanche goalie Semyon Varlamov testified Tuesday before a jury that after kicking, and dragging her, he told her "if we were not in America, I could have killed you."

During the civil trial in Denver District Court, a sometimes tearful Evgeniya Vavrinyuk, testified through a Russian interpreter, that before the beating, she thought Varlamov was "the person that I wanted to make a family with."

Vavrinyuk filed the civil lawsuit in October 2014 claiming Varlamov had beaten her for years before his arrest in October 2013 on suspicion of felony kidnapping and assault. Prosecutors declined to file the kidnapping charge, and later dropped a misdemeanor assault charge against Varlamov.

Before the 2013 incident that led to his arrest, the couple argued during a Halloween party. Vavrinyuk said she didn't know enough English to communicate with others at the party and felt uncomfortable.

Varlamov was drinking and withdrawn during the party, and ignored her pleas to dance, or play a game, she said. Instead, he spent his time looking at pictures on his phone.

At one point, she realized he was angry and followed him to the men's room where they argued. "I wanted to fix the situation. It was not my goal to go to the men's bathroom and try to peek at someone," she said.

She left the party at about midnight and returned to the apartment they shared.

She went to sleep and Varlamov returned home at about 6 a.m.

He appeared drunk, she said, and his suit was torn, dirty, and spattered with small specks of blood.

"You say you are a star, you are a gatekeeper, but you look like an alcoholic," she said she told him.

After he poured water on the bed, and grabbed a blanket that she used to cover the wet spot so she could sleep, she tried to pull the blanket from him, she said.

"You were like a homeless dog, all my friends were saying what is wrong with your girlfriend," she said he told her.

She pushed him, and he kicked her in the chest, knocking her to the floor. When she tried to get up, he kneeled on her chest to keep her down, she testified.

After she got up and tried to push him out of the room, he grabbed her by the hair and dragged her. "I started kicking and screaming. I felt like my scalp was going to come off," she testified.

Following the incident she went back to bed, and when she got up at about 10 a.m., he was awake, sitting in the other room.

She went to school, but felt sick, and returned to the apartment to find him sleeping, she testified.

When he woke, she left.

She called a friend and told her what happened. The friend offered to go with her to the police and translate for her.

First they went to the law office of Robert Abrams, the friend's husband, she said. She spent the night at their home, and they went to the police the next day, she said.

The trial will continue Tuesday afternoon.

Vavrinyuk is suing Varlamov seeking an unspecified amount for medical costs and other damages.

Chris R

Doesn't sound great, but I'm guessing he didn't settle out of court because he thinks he can win, and with the DA dropping any criminal charges there might be merit to that claim.

edit: The Witness on the other hand is a terrific puzzle game that will leave me stumped for hours to come. It sucks seeing some new puzzle, only to get close enough to it to see that I have no fucking clue what I should be doing to solve it lol.

Razorskin

----- ------
Anyone else gonna play The Witness today? I haven't really been excited to play a new release in a long ass time.

I hadn't followed it closely but I think I might pull the trigger, for some reason I thought it was coming to PS4 before anything else. Pleasant surprise seeing it on Steam.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
At 21, Giroux in a secondary role, playing about the same as Galchenyuk this year was getting 1.58 pts/60 min at even. Alex is at 1.84.
Such inconsistency, such laziness. Yes, let's trade him for a first round pick.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So ... here's a question. Given that #33 is retired, would he have to play with a different number?
No of course not. It's his number and jersey and generally when players want to wear a particular number, they would ask.

I recall Bobby Hull told Bret that he would let his son wear his number in Chicago.

Top Bottom