• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Merguson

Banned
wonder if their new system would have stronger region locking implementation

Probably. MLBAM is quite more aggressive in dealing with this.

IF YOU CIRCUMVENT OR ATTEMPT TO CIRCUMVENT ANY BLACKOUT RESTRICTION OR OTHER USE RESTRICTION: YOUR SUBSCRIPTION WILL BE SUBJECT TO IMMEDIATE TERMINATION AND A CHARGE OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00) FOR EARLY TERMINATION WILL BE APPLIED TO YOUR CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD; YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO LEGAL ACTION; AND THE NHL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REPORT SUCH MISCONDUCT TO APPROPRIATE LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.

Not many would risk it, I think.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Bergevin told a couple of potential pursuers that Alex Galchenyuk was not available. The Canadiens don’t have many forwards with his potential of size and speed.

Despite that, it sure sounds like if Galchenyuk was a golfer, he’d be “on the clock.” I don’t think, however, this patience is limitless. If his inconsistency continues, there’s going to be a point where Bergevin listens, maybe as soon as the draft.

Good thing he's playing out of his natural position with an AHL center and Brian Flynn as his other line mate. That will sure help him find some consistency.

Probably. MLBAM is quite more aggressive in dealing with this.

Not many would risk it, I think.

Dang, the other not to be named service, seems to be dying, and my year is up with them April 19th......I might be far enough away from STL and Dallas to be able to get away with using the "legal" equivalent.

Update....
I guess I am fox sports southwest, so I would get blacked out when they play Dallas....Come on now, I am 5 hours away from any NHL market, and I am not in any state with any professional sports, besides minor league...

Good thing he's playing out of his natural position with an AHL center and Brian Flynn as his other line mate. That will sure help him find some consistency.

But he's been terrible these past few games. Absolutely invisible.

From Friedman:
I was told that, in the last couple of seasons, a player and his father told an agent to go to a team and demand more playing time. That idea was rejected. The agent was fired. (Before you ask, the source wasn’t giving up the names.)

Tinordi....?

IIRC that with this at least on the MLB's side of things, they are working around the blackout restrictions and I don't think there will be any for them so I could be wrong but it would be nice to see go to the NHL as well.

imBask

Banned
Might have something to do with playing with two fringe NHLers.

He was 17th in points / 60 when he was playing center.

you gotta stop blaming everyone but him, yes he could have better linesmate but he's still playing poorly nonetheless. He misses the net more than Brian Gionta did

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
you gotta stop blaming everyone but him, yes he could have better linesmate but he's still playing poorly nonetheless. He misses the net more than Brian Gionta did
He misses the net all the time, and takes a couple extra seconds to dangle when he should shoot. He has issues, but it's his first year at Center and statistically doing well. How do they expect him to develop and grow on Desharnais' wing? He has a few flaws in his game but this coaching staff is doing everything possible to neuter his game.

Solo

Galchenyuk will be traded to Tampa for Drouin. Galcheyuk will flourish in Tampa and Drouin busts as the token home town Hab.

Clendenning on waivers. Guess we won that trade.

Sutter will play tonight. Hamhuis may be back after the ASG. No word on Henrik. Team is getting healthier again. The next 5 weeks (before the trade deadline) will be crucial: if they're still competing in the Pacific, then I can see Benning staying pat to push for a playoff spot. If they start to fade, then the veterans will be traded.

Really hoping Edmonton and Calgary start to pick it up.

It's amazing what's happened to the Habs. Have they mentally checked out? A team can't be this bad without their goalie, even if he is the league MVP.

The Jets have also been disappointing. Is it injuries? Underperforming players? Looking at their stats, Wheeler is having a great year, and Hellebuyck has really good stats (2.11 GAA, .926 SV%). He's only 11-9-1 though, which I guess is due to a lack of scoring.

Line_HTX

I still blame Bergeron for injuring Roloson. If he hadn't fucked him up, we would have won in 2006.

Out of the 3 Finals I watched all the way with Flames, Oilers, and Canucks, that Oilers team were the scariest. They had the best shot of bringing the Cup back to Canada.

The Cupless streak continues, aww yiss

:p

LevelNth

Banned
I'm still surprised the Habs players chose Pacioretty for captain. He's been a complete nightmare all season in his approach to after game interviews and the numerous times he's hung various (unnamed at least) teammates out to dry.

Maybe if he busted his ass as hard as he does when the net is empty all the time he could actually inspire some change.

I'm still surprised the Habs players chose Pacioretty for captain. He's been a complete nightmare all season in his approach to after game interviews and the numerous times he's hung various (unnamed at least) teammates out to dry.

Maybe if he busted his ass as hard as he does when the net is empty all the time he could actually inspire some change.

The Players wanted Pacioretty as captain.I'm guessing Subban was runner up.

CZqtgQsVAAAemM9.png

Top Bottom