• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Stasis

If you're going to go that far, let's go whole hog.

Etem, Hayes, Fast, and Yandle for Drouin, Stralman, Killorn, and, uhh, that sweet organ in Amalie Arena.

Give us all the things, Tampa!

Deal! But we'll have to throw in Glass, sadly. And I think we'd still be over cap anyway! I'm sure Tampa would LOVE this deal.

I see Tampa going after Zuccarello

No. I mean they can ask, sure, but he's one of our few consistently bright stars and a core of our team. Would you give Gallagher up for Drouin?

Deal! But we'll have to throw in Glass, sadly. And I think we'd still be over cap anyway! I'm sure Tampa would LOVE this deal.

No. I mean they can ask, sure, but he's one of our few consistently bright stars and a core of our team. Would you give Gallagher up for Drouin?

Well no... But what does the Rangers have that Tampa would want?

Foggy

Korpisalo and Forsberg are the BJ goalies for the forseeable future. Forsberg in tonight against the Wild. Ooooooooooof

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Unless Yandle's signing an extension, I don't see him coming in a deal for Drouin. I'm not even sure we have the salary cap room for him this year.

Yandle's at half price this season, so they'd only have to find a couple hundred thousand to squeeze him in if they really wanted him.

That said, I also agree that he doesn't make much sense as a fit in Tampa, aside from the reasons I mentioned why we shouldn't have him on the table for that deal anyway.

Well no... But what does the Rangers have that Tampa would want?
I could see them wanting Kreider or Hayes or JT Miller. Big, fast, skilled young dudes. I could see Jesper Fast fitting in well with the Lightning as well. I don't know that any of these names are workable in a deal, though. I think the Rangers would want a lot more than just Drouin for a Kreider or a Hayes, and I'd think Tampa would want a lot more than just Fast for a Drouin.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
We don't have It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia in Canada. I've been told to watch it by many, but Netflix doesn't want me to watch it.

Speaking of Netflix, I started watching Danger 5 finally.

It's where the Sensible Chuckle gif came from:

himZD0M.gif

It's fucking hilarious and insane, plus the women are hot as hell. I burned through five of the six episodes of series 1 last night.

It's Always Sunny is on Shomi, but you'd be supporting Rogers subscribing to that.

Pikma

Banned
Allow me to Zroid for second.

This is the ugly part of statistics watching, topical interpretation.

Ottawa *cough* but we'll get back to why his statement is factually wrong.

+21 Thank you very much.

Has more to do with shot suppression and reduction of chances relative to the changing of D pairings and deployment (33-44 the main culprit). We can look at before and after the D pairings were adjusted and Mitchell was no longer being paired with top line. Panthers are:

1. 9th best in CA60 @ 50.8. This is with Mitchell and Gudbranson bleeding chances and being a boat anchor to the top lines.

2. Since 11-27 (when D pairing were changed) 4th best in CA60 @ 48.2.

Bolland is no argument. Team is much better without him. Mitchell is much better in a reduced role and the Cap. Hardly a money pit. Thornton is 1.3 million again really stretching the "money pit."

TIL- A teams top pairing and top line should generate the most offense when on the ice. Again it doesn't take into effect injuries to Bjusgstad (herniated disc) and Barkov, and others. Telling that he has to go back to the 2014 start where the team was shooting ~4% to make this argument. As of now the Panthers have a much better spread of goals with Barkov, Smith, Trochek, Jagr, with 10+ and Ekblad with 9. This point is really reaching.

Oi. This is the most egregious here as a topical understanding. A team that goes up 3 and has a B2B, what is expected? Though lets loot at the shots and chances:

SAT

After the 3rd goal team turtles and conserves the top lines to keep them ready for the B2B. Playing evenly in SATs until it was 3-0.

Chances

Again looking at the stats show a better understanding of the game than glancing at the totals column and deducting.

Panthers' biggest problem is low event hockey, they are good at defense but also limit their own offense as a result. Team basically needs to shoot more. Are they peaking right now? Yeah that happens. They have also been down to the other end of spectrum as well. This is a young team prone to inconsistency, that what the #Fancystats show.

*drops mic*
Yeah, I mean, look at the following chart

latest

Quick

Banned
and yeah Danger 5 is great! Reminds me of a really low budget Austin Powers

It's essentially this, plus some Thunderbirds.

It's Always Sunny is on Shomi, but you'd be supporting Rogers subscribing to that.

I'm already supporting them with my phone plan.

That being said, I am looking into either Shomi or CraveTV. Shomi's offering a free two-month sub. CraveTV has HBO shows, which I've been meaning to get into.

That being said, I am looking into either Shomi or CraveTV. Shomi's offering a free two-month sub. CraveTV has HBO shows, which I've been meaning to get into.

is HBO go not a thing in Canada? or HBO now?

Quick

Banned

Nope. HBO's content is on CraveTV and HBO Canada, both run by Bell. Showtime stuff is also with Bell via The Movie Network. HBO Canada doesn't have all of HBO's original programming either.

I got excited about HBO Now, then realized after the announcement that it probably won't be in Canada for a while or ever.

Pikma

Banned
So the school I'm going to in Spain send a letter to my school on December 1st. I'm still waiting for it to arrive... and I desperately need it for next week...

How the fuck can postal services be this slow?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Shomi doesn't have much, but you should probably sign up while they have the free two months offer. If only for It's Always Sunny.

It has the first three(or 4, can't remember) seasons of Justified too, which is an awesome show if you haven't seen it.

Nah they licensed all of their stuff out to our shitty companies up here.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Steve Zipay Verified account ‏@stevezipay

Hearing Tampa's asking price, at this point, is very high on Jonathan Drouin, signed thru end of '16-17, much more than rental Keith Yandle
Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay 11m 11 minutes ago
Top prospects, picks
"Top prospects" kind of rules us out.

Nope. HBO's content is on CraveTV and HBO Canada, both run by Bell. Showtime stuff is also with Bell via The Movie Network. HBO Canada doesn't have all of HBO's original programming either.

I got excited about HBO Now, then realized after the announcement that it probably won't be in Canada for a while or ever.

Shomi doesn't have much, but you should probably sign up while they have the free two months offer. If only for It's Always Sunny.

It has the first three(or 4, can't remember) seasons of Justified too, which is an awesome show if you haven't seen it.

Nah they licensed all of their stuff out to our shitty companies up here.

well that sucks for you guys

Elliotte Spitballing ideas that Galchenyuk for Drouin .

Hell Nah.

Yzerman or Bergevin would never make that deal.

I feel Nashville is the best place for him

Stasis

"Top prospects" kind of rules us out.

Tbh I was kind of concerned with these rumors, so that's a little bit of a relief.

Please don't give them fucking Buchnevich. Chasing Drouin feels like a knee-jerk to all our current shit. I feel like they should take their time and really explore many different possibilities for a slower re-tool, even knowing our "window" with Hank is closing fast.

imBask

Banned
advanced stats never really liked Sekac that much tho

people liked his skill

Those stats can say anything you want, depending on how you arrange them... the advanced-stats warriors we're all over his ass on HFHabs, it was atrocious, much like most things over there

zroid

Banned
Those stats can say anything you want, depending on how you arrange them... the advanced-stats warriors we're all over his ass on HFHabs, it was atrocious, much like most things over there

It's just data. It's up to the person looking at it to do the analysis. If your average HFboards poster is doing the analysis, chances are it's not going to be very good.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tbh I was kind of concerned with these rumors, so that's a little bit of a relief.

Please don't give them fucking Buchnevich. Chasing Drouin feels like a knee-jerk to all our current shit. I feel like they should take their time and really explore many different possibilities for a slower re-tool, even knowing our "window" with Hank is closing fast.
Drouin's the kind of piece that you don't usually get an opportunity to go after this early too often, so I think they have to dig in and try as hard as they can to go get him. But I also agree that Buchnevich should be absolutely untouchable, and the Rangers organization doesn't have all that much in the pipeline aside from him that could be enticing if that's what Yzerman's looking for. There's only so much future that you can mortgage until you're all out of future, and we're dangerously close to that point already.

trifelife

well that sucks for you guys

Yeah if only someone would invent a peer-to-peer file transfer system that allowed you to get little bits of data from lots of different people around the world 😶

I definitely wouldn't use it to watch television shows I otherwise couldn't see.

imBask

Banned
does Carlyle speak french? don't forget, les canadiens de montréal are forced to pick a french speaking coach because of our dumb medias

i'm fairly sure it'll be Boucher and THEN i'll be fully on board with the coach hatred

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
AGally for Drouin is laughable and so dumb, I'm embarrassed for Friedman that he would even mention it as a possibility.

If they're looking for prospects + picks, I'd do our 1st + 2 of McCarron, Scherbak, Hudon, easily, but there has to be teams ready to offer more than that.

Top Bottom