• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Calamari41

41 > 38
NBxjppR.jpg

Imagine if that happened to a basketball or baseball player. They'd be out for the season.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
MATTTTHHEEEEEEEWS

edit: LOL I didn't even realize turbris got a new tag LOL perfect

Tabris

This is the second time in his history that D.Sedin has scored goals with a bloody mouth!

Wait, 'nucks fans disrespecting the Aroooo when they do a "Woo!" thing after goals? Hahahhaahahahahaha

Uhm, Ric Flair is so much cooler then some dumb play on a coyote howl. Start being cool.

Calamari41

41 > 38
They should play an actual coyote howl and scare the shit out of everyone after each home goal. Or play a recording of the demons during a kill-frenzy.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Just doing a little catchup...

Larry Brooks says that one source told him that the Rangers "are in big-time" on Drouin and that Jeff Gorton spoke with Steve Yzerman last week while the Rangers were in Tampa Bay.
Good, gooooood. Yzerman owes us a fleecing, dammit!

It is not yet known if names have been exchanged between the Rangers and Lightning but Brooks suggests that the Rangers could look to deal Keith Yandle for Drouin.
Goddammit, no! I know Yandle is unsignable come the offseason, but we can't trade away our power play quarterback and top assists leader for a largely unproven Drouin, especially when Yzerman's position on any such deal is relatively weak. Yandle may need to be part of a trade before the deadline out of necessity, but it shouldn't be for a 20 year old with 6 career goals (
he says, knowing full well that we got Yandle in the first place in exchange for a 19 year old with 1 career goal...but that guy now already has twice as many career goals as Drouin in a little more than half as many games!
). I said WE'RE the ones who are supposed to do the fleecing, dammit!

Any Rangers deal for Drouin should be based around similarly young, unproven players with theoretical upside, at least to start. Build out a package from that. Something like Hayes + Etem for Drouin. Maybe Fast? Lindberg? Etc.

Or, uhh, Tanner Glass? :)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I have a hard time believing a Rangers-Lightning deal based around Drouin would start with Yandle from Tampa's side

Stasis

Etem Fast Yandle for Drouin Stralman k thxxxxxx

Edit: And then move Girardi somehow, magically, so we have Stralman Klein McIlrath on the right next season. Tired of not having Diesel play.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Etem Fast Yandle for Drouin Stralman k thxxxxxx

Edit: And then move Girardi somehow, magically, so we have Stralman Klein McIlrath on the right next season. Tired of not having Diesel play.

If you're going to go that far, let's go whole hog.

Etem, Hayes, Fast, and Yandle for Drouin, Stralman, Killorn, and, uhh, that sweet organ in Amalie Arena.

Give us all the things, Tampa!

zroid

Banned
May as well just contract the Lightning into the Rangers

With the Panthers so good now they can support the Florida market on their own

Top Bottom