• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Gonzalez

Banned
Watching the midnight replay of the Cats game. Wow, guys, wow. Prepare to buy Lord Stanley a pair of swim trucks, and a bottle of Bacardi.

Pikma

Banned
I mentioned the Jets heckling the Stars bench during the third period tonight, yeah? Well here they are:

CFVcGOj.jpg

de8bxlv.jpg

Don't often see this from the celebrity section. :D

you wanted to make that loss even more painful didn't you!

fuck the shitty Jets

Eugh, I paid like... zero attention to the WJC. And I'm all the more poorer for it. Fuck yeah Finland though.

How did Canada go?

I bet Trudeau the type of PM to be at the airport ready to give them all hugs, pats on the back and then take them out for ice cream as soon as they got back.

Don't you mean Habs and Ducks?

Trade you Smith Pelly back

Sekac has been healthy scratching it up from time to time lately. Ain't nobody the obvious winner out of that so far.

KingBroly

Banned
Playoff scenarios if the season ended right now are pretty darn screwy.

Devils vs. Panthers (wat?)
Habs vs. Wings
Bruins vs. Capitals
Rangers vs. Islanders
Predators vs. Stars
Blues vs. Blackhawks
Wild vs. Kings
Flames vs. Yotes (wat?!)

Just my thoughts on those.

zroid

Banned
Speaking of, that All-Star Weekend commercial which rips off the Sunday Night Football theme is terrible

All-Star jerseys are kind of boring looking. But at least they're not electric puke green this time around.

bCJ1AJa.jpg

jesus that is boring. couldn't they at least come up with something to signify each divison? yeesh

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I mentioned the Jets heckling the Stars bench during the third period tonight, yeah? Well here they are:

http://i.imgur.com/CFVcGOj.jpg[img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/de8bxlv.jpg[img]

Don't often see this from the celebrity section. :D[/QUOTE]

Oh, [I]those[/I] Jets.

[quote="MetatronM, post: 191397674"]All-Star jerseys are kind of boring looking. But at least they're not electric puke green this time around.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/bCJ1AJa.jpg

MCXBHaz.jpg

Quick

Banned
All-Star jerseys are kind of boring looking. But at least they're not electric puke green this time around.

bCJ1AJa.jpg

Bland, but better than the neon jerseys from the last couple of seasons.

I guess it's too expensive for the league to produce team-themed jerseys on a regular basis. This is the most "themed" they can go. Next season's ASG will probably borrow the same design with a different trim (notice that the yellows are subtle).

I tried the Rift and got sick instantly

I had 0 interest in VR, at $600 my interest is below negative

I played ~15 hours of TF2 in the DK1 and didn't have any sickness problems. I am and have been sold on it since using the DK1. That said, $600 is fucking craaaaaaaazy. I'm fairly certain they're selling at cost but still.

I tried the Rift and got sick instantly

I had 0 interest in VR, at $600 my interest is below negative

EDIT : 850$ CAD lol

yeah I have no interest in VR. Maybe in a few years when it gets fleshed out more and prices drop. But I always prefer gaming when I sit back on my chair/couch without wearing something.

imBask

Banned
I played ~15 hours of TF2 in the DK1 and didn't have any sickness problems. I am and have been sold on it since using the DK1. That said, $600 is fucking craaaaaaaazy. I'm fairly certain they're selling at cost but still.

the fact that like 50% of people get sick just amplifies my scepticism, it'll never be a mass market thing until they fix that problem, and I don't see why devs will be willing to make stuff for VR if it only targets the small percentage of people out of that 50% that actually bought the $600 thing

zroid

Banned
yeah I have no interest in VR. Maybe in a few years when it gets fleshed out more and prices drop. But I always prefer gaming when I sit back on my chair/couch without wearing something.

That's one of the most ingenious things about the Wii. Playing games with one hand, or two hands that aren't tethered together by a single controller. It's brilliant.

Foggy

Whoa daddy, that Oculus thread is a dumpster fire. No way am I touching that. I'll just wait in peace until it ships. Can't wait for VR to begin in earnest.

the fact that like 50% of people get sick just amplifies my scepticism, it'll never be a mass market thing until they fix that problem, and I don't see why devs will be willing to make stuff for VR if it only targets the small percentage of people out of that 50% that actually bought the $600 thing

50 percent?! What are you smoking?

I went into the oculus thread expecting Sony E3 2006 jokes. Not disappointed

I am curious to see how Sony will price their VR. Especially after this. I don't think it is going to be 600$ anyway but Sony has a great thing going with PS4 right now, I am curious to how they approach it.

They haven't announced a price point yet right?

imBask

Banned
Whoa daddy, that Oculus thread is a dumpster fire. No way am I touching that. I'll just wait in peace until it ships. Can't wait for VR to begin in earnest.

50 percent?! What are you smoking?

50 percent is a little high but that's what the lady at the occulus rift booth told me, but still, the number of people who get sick has to be significant since it's been a huge problem from day 1 and they've been trying to fix it for years now

like, even if I don't care about VR, this is really bad for VR. It'll end up being niche, and game devs won't waste money on something that won't get them their money back

50 percent is a little high but that's what the lady at the occulus rift booth told me, but still, the number of people who get sick has to be significant since it's been a huge problem from day 1 and they've been trying to fix it for years now

yup. It is something you have to try yourself and a lot of people still haven't been able to try it yet since many of us can't make it to gaming trade shows where there is that presence. So instead of something different yet familiar, when it comes to a new console, there is this whole other thing that might be a 600$ motion sickness machine.

Top Bottom