• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Cake Boss

Banned
Was at last nights game. Awesome atmosphere, mostly by Brooms fans tho lol. Don't get why everyone hates them, they seem like a cool bunch of drunk fucks.

DAT Norrisson tho, watching him live is like getting your dick sucked by 72 virgins at once.

Tried to throw some cheese curds from my poutine at rat boy tho, he didn't bite :(

Erdrick

Been waiting to see this game ever since the trade was announced last year. Game has been fairly boring so far, to be honest. I still miss Bogosian a bit. He was good for us and a pretty decent guy off the ice as well.

calder

Been waiting to see this game ever since the trade was announced last year. Game has been fairly boring so far, to be honest. I still miss Bogosian a bit. He was good for us and a pretty decent guy off the ice as well.
Hah I've actually been watching the nfl playoff game more. Glad Kane was traded (and what a good trade so far) but I don't care enough to be too worked up about his return.

Quick

Banned
Hah I've actually been watching the nfl playoff game more. Glad Kane was traded (and what a good trade so far) but I don't care enough to be too worked up about his return.

Wouldn't catch Erdick watching an NFL game, what with all those Evander Kanes everywhere upsetting him.

Oh man lmao gonna troll the shit out of some Vikings fans at work tomorrow.

22-joffchoke.gif

just walk in to work like this

Bet we're both wishing that W2 was the Jets right now. At least that would imply we're not lagging behind everyone else.

Also whoever gets the crossover to the pacific is going to have the easiest time making it to the conference finals...provided LA isn't that difficult.

LA not that difficult. Okay.

We have playoff Quick and plenty of thuggery. It'll be a challenge.

As long as the Pens, Rags, Bruins, Sens, Jets, Canucks, Flames, Oilers, Canes, Devils, Sabres, Kings, Hawks, BJs (lol) or Shorks win the Cup I am cool with who else would win.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I'm worried about the Habs. PK was better under JM, he was just more immature. I have no doubt that Therrien is the one who tried to tell him to stop doing the shot on reception from Markov thing on the PP, and that's how PK was scoring pretty much all the time he did, but there was no reason to stop, it worked, and it stopped working when he stopped doing it. Doesn't matter if teams "expect it", if he can make the shot there's fuck all they can do about it, they have to deal with it once the puck hits the net or on its way in, and he could still make the shot.

I didn't hear Galchenyuk's name once yesterday. Last season was crap, this one seems even worst for him.

We still don't have players on every shift who go in front of the net to play the same role Gallagher does. Is it forbidden, like it's Gallagher's WWE super move so only he is allowed to go play this role? It's the most obvious problem; every shift needs someone in front of the goalie being annoying.

Earlier in the season EVERYONE was scoring or getting assists. There was not one trio that was bad. Suddenly it all went downhill, but it's the same players. That reeks of Therrien shuffling things around needlessly, making everyone feel like they're doing something wrong or playing with people who aren't playing right.

We have a good well rounded team, even if Price isn't there that's clearly not where the big problem is. So you got good players, maybe not awesome ones, but certainly good enough to perform like earlier in the season, and a good goalie. Problem is the coach, and the coach ain't getting removed while Bergevin is still in place, unless the team doesn't make it to the series, and probably not unless they don't make it two seasons in a row.

Alex Prewitt ‏@alex_prewitt 6m6 minutes ago
It's Jan. 10, 2016. The Capitals are up 16 points in the Metro. On Jan. 10, 2015, the four divisional leaders combined for a 16-point lead.

Hockey has changed.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm worried about the Habs. PK was better under JM, he was just more immature. I have no doubt that Therrien is the one who tried to tell him to stop doing the shot on reception from Markov thing on the PP, and that's how PK was scoring pretty much all the time he did, but there was no reason to stop, it worked, and it stopped working when he stopped doing it. Doesn't matter if teams "expect it", if he can make the shot there's fuck all they can do about it, they have to deal with it once the puck hits the net or on its way in, and he could still make the shot.

I didn't hear Galchenyuk's name once yesterday. Last season was crap, this one seems even worst for him.

We still don't have players on every shift who go in front of the net to play the same role Gallagher does. Is it forbidden, like it's Gallagher's WWE super move so only he is allowed to go play this role? It's the most obvious problem; every shift needs someone in front of the goalie being annoying.

Earlier in the season EVERYONE was scoring or getting assists. There was not one trio that was bad. Suddenly it all went downhill, but it's the same players. That reeks of Therrien shuffling things around needlessly, making everyone feel like they're doing something wrong or playing with people who aren't playing right.

We have a good well rounded team, even if Price isn't there that's clearly not where the big problem is. So you got good players, maybe not awesome ones, but certainly good enough to perform like earlier in the season, and a good goalie. Problem is the coach, and the coach ain't getting removed while Bergevin is still in place, unless the team doesn't make it to the series, and probably not unless they don't make it two seasons in a row.
Impossible to say what went wrong. Even after Price went down the second time they were playing really well and winning, offense dried up every where. Not sure if they're quitting on the coach or what. Agree with the Subban point, he's playing his best defensively, but Therrien's successfully coached all the spark and raw talent in his game. I'd love to see him under a coach that just lets him loose.

zroid

Banned
So all the Canadiens need to do is lose badly to the Leafs and then they're guaranteed both a new coach and a new Cup!

Top Bottom