• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Florida Panthers PR ‏@FlaPanthersPR 27m27 minutes ago

The Florida Panthers organization's thoughts & prayers are with Head Coach Gerard Gallant. Gallant's mother Rosie passed away last week.

Florida Panthers PR ‏@FlaPanthersPR 26m26 minutes ago

Mike Kelly will serve as head coach for Wednesday's game at Calgary.

Damn. He took a few days last month to away from the team to visit her. Tough to still coach until now.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
DishonestBonyIvorybilledwoodpecker.gif

GUTLESS

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Sportsnet posted What happened after the Panthers/Canucks game.

http://youtu.be/uBDIeeG8lZk

that's not the whole story though

sedins in the post-game interview (and friedman) said Thornton/Montoya started something, then Montoya squirted Henrik with his waterbottle, then Dorsett came in and then the throwing punches started. Sedins wouldn't say WHO on the Florida bench started it, but apparently something "way over the line" was said. who knows, we'll find out at some point maybe

KingBroly

Banned
Vancouver beating Florida to end their streak seems kinda...right, you know? It felt like people were starting to look ahead for them and then BAM, Luongo loses to his old team where he basically needed to leave.

Pikma

Banned
I'm gonna venture a wild guess the league is splitting up some events to teams celebrating their anniversaries.

LA gets the All-Star Game
Leafs get the Winter Classic
Pens/Flyers/Blues get a Stadium Series match-up and the 2017 draft.

Do the Stars associate themselves to the North Stars deeply? If so, they could get in on the anniversary celebrations.
Modano wore a North Stars jersey, of course we associate ourselves to them. Well, at least that used to be the case, now it seems like the Wild are all over it for some fucking weird reason so I don't know if our roots are still canon or not.

Solo

Wait....Habs play Hawks/Blues/Hawks again this week? Theres another three losses and yet MT/MB will keep their jobs. What a joke.

KingBroly

Banned
I would've liked the Wild to host the Winter Classic at the Minnesota Gophers Stadium, like the Vikings game on Sunday. You thought those balls were hard? The pucks would make Bones shatter.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Wait....Habs play Hawks/Blues/Hawks again this week? Theres another three losses and yet MT/MB will keep their jobs. What a joke.
I can't say much for MT, but I thought you Habs fans liked MB? There aren't any particularly bad contracts on the team compared to others; there's a star C, D, and G; and he's made some good trades too. His worst move may be hiring Therrien, but that may be rectified soon enough (even if I think changing coaches already through likely isn't very good for a team).

Modano wore a North Stars jersey, of course we associate ourselves to them. Well, at least that used to be the case, now it seems like the Wild are all over it for some fucking weird reason so I don't know if our roots are still canon or not.

Most Wild fans have a mixture of contempt and hatred for Mike Modano, that ownership group that moved the team, and the Stars in general. It's the 92/93 team and prior to that that everybody up here still loves.

It's a strange situation. Obviously its a part of the Stars organization history, but it all happened in Minnesota. They absolutely could not do an alumni game in the Stadium Series without including North Stars players because the franchise has only been around for 15 years.

I know for a fact that there would be literal outrage from fans up here if the Stars wore North Stars jerseys in a game before the Wild do. If ever. I personally don't care all that much, but I know a ton of others do.

I would've liked the Wild to host the Winter Classic at the Minnesota Gophers Stadium, like the Vikings game on Sunday. You thought those balls were hard? The pucks would make Bones shatter.

Everybody up here wanted it too.

Hopefully the Wild get one eventually. Hopefully.

Solo

I can't say much for MT, but I thought you Habs fans liked MB? There aren't any particularly bad contracts on the team compared to others; there's a star C, D, and G; and he's made some good trades too. His worst move may be hiring Therrien, but that may be rectified soon enough (even if I think changing coaches already through likely isn't very good for a team).

MB has been a decent/average GM, but he hasn't removed a coach who clearly needed to be removed long ago, and as such with each passing day MT keeps his job it makes me want MB to not keep his for allowing MT to remain behind the bench.

Marvie_3

Banned
lolololol
:lol :lol

Most Wild fans have a mixture of contempt and hatred for Mike Modano, that ownership group that moved the team, and the Stars in general. It's the 92/93 team and prior to that that everybody up here still loves.

It's a strange situation. Obviously its a part of the Stars organization history, but it all happened in Minnesota. They absolutely could not do an alumni game in the Stadium Series without including North Stars players because the franchise has only been around for 15 years.

I know for a fact that there would be literal outrage from fans up here if the Stars wore North Stars jerseys in a game before the Wild do. If ever. I personally don't care all that much, but I know a ton of others do.

Everybody up here wanted it too.

Hopefully the Wild get one eventually. Hopefully.
They need to just make it so that if a team leaves, the name, logos, records, etc stay in that city. Treat a relocation like an expansion team as far as naming, logos, etc. Then if a city gets a team again they can use that name and we avoid embarassing situations like the Coyotes retiring a bunch of Jets players' numbers.

imBask

Banned
so Habs-gaf, have you heard? Galchenyuk's girlfriend caught Galchenyuk and DSP in the middle of a party sunday morning, she beat his ass and got arrested.

i'm glad to learn that Galchenyuk was celebrating such a great performance on saturday!

The Panthers and Nucks rivalry blossoming before our eyes

Yay new Rivalrys

so Habs-gaf, have you heard? Galchenyuk's girlfriend caught Galchenyuk and DSP in the middle of a party sunday morning, she beat his ass and got arrested.

i'm glad to learn that Galchenyuk was celebrating such a great performance on saturday!
Domestic Violence isn't right. Dude needs to get outta that relationship. I just read on La Presse it sounds like there were witnesses.

imBask

Banned
Yay new Rivalrys

Domestic Violence isn't right. Dude needs to get outta that relationship. I just read on La Presse it sounds like there were witnesses.

I agree that he needs t o get out of that relationship, and won't make jokes about that.

Although, partying 'til 8 in the morning after such a weak performance (his performance, AND the teams performance)? That I don't like

I agree that he needs t o get out of that relationship, and won't make jokes about that.

Although, partying 'til 8 in the morning after such a weak performance (his performance, AND the teams performance)? That I don't like

If there was an game that following day I'd be pissed off but since we have a break, I think whatever the Players do in their free time is none of our business. So what if Devante and Alex were partying till Sunday morning? I'd party too to keep my mind off the slump as well

imBask

Banned
If there was an game that following day I'd be pissed off but since we have a break, I think whatever the Players do in their free time is none of our business. So what if Devante and Alex were partying till Sunday morning? I'd party too to keep my mind off the slump as well

I don't disagree but it really depends on the situation... I just hope it's not indicative of what he does on most of his free time. I wouldn't want him to turn into another Eugenie Bouchard, I have a big problem with athletes who don't take their job seriously... you have the best fucking job, you play hockey for maybe 20 years, you get 3-4 months off every year and then retire with a ton of money in your pockets.

DSP is just as bad in this situation, if not worst, motherfucker had every chance to shine and he keeps fucking it up

I don't disagree but it really depends on the situation... I just hope it's not indicative of what he does on most of his free time. I wouldn't want him to turn into another Eugenie Bouchard, I have a big problem with athletes who don't take their job seriously... you have the best fucking job, you play hockey for maybe 20 years, you get 3-4 months off every year and then retire with a ton of money in your pockets.

DSP is just as bad in this situation, if not worst, motherfucker had every chance to shine and he keeps fucking it up

Isn't Eugenie's Sister or something dating one of the Habs?

Yawnier

Banned

WTF. Is this for real?

zroid

Banned

wtf

Top Bottom