• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

imBask

Banned
Yeah anti in every way, no championships.

250px-Ottawa_Hockey_Club_Champions_1927.jpg

ott0606-sensjl_20057880.jpg

64945150.jpg

I just realized that Winnipeg is only 4 points away from a playoff spot. A win and a preds/Avs loss tonight and we'd only be 2 points behind Nashville and Colorado.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
so Habs-gaf, have you heard? Galchenyuk's girlfriend caught Galchenyuk and DSP in the middle of a party sunday morning, she beat his ass and got arrested.

i'm glad to learn that Galchenyuk was celebrating such a great performance on saturday!

wtf

Samyy

Tomorrow will be our toughest tank challenge yet. Find a way to lose to the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Actually no I'm going to the game so why don't we just beat tthe Blue Jackets and then go on a 10 game losing streak or something!

I just realized that Winnipeg is only 4 points away from a playoff spot. A win and a preds/Avs loss tonight and we'd only be 2 points behind Nashville and Colorado.

This is what gives me hope for the Flyers season. We are only 6 points back from the Isles in the Metro and have played 2 less games.

I really shouldn't get my hopes up though :(

In a weird quirk in the NHL schedule, this is the third consecutive season the Wild has played the Sabres in the 43rd game of its season.

The past two years, the Wild was reeling heading into Game 43.

• Two years ago, the Wild entered a Jan. 2 contest against Buffalo on a six-game losing streak after a five-win December. The Wild won 4-1, and that triggered a 23-10-7 second half, a four-game winning streak and 14 wins in the next 20 games.

• Last season, the Wild entered a Jan. 15 contest at Buffalo having lost 12 of its past 14 (2-8-4) and was 18-19-5 after a 7-2 drubbing in Pittsburgh. The Wild traded for goalie Devan Dubnyk the day before, the Wild trounced the Sabres 7-zip, and that prompted a 28-9-3 second half.

Yay Wild come on

calder

Yeah, I think that's as much because of the stupid loser point making all the teams look closer than they should. I'm much more pessimistic about the number of teams in front of us rather than the number of points.

Also, huge congrats to Blackhawks-GAF on the Quenneville extension. Three more years! Three more years!

This is what gives me hope for the Flyers season. We are only 6 points back from the Isles in the Metro and have played 2 less games.

I really shouldn't get my hopes up though :(

On the other hand, you're only 4 points away from a wild card spot with up to 3 games in hand. It might not be as bleak as you think.

On the other hand, you're only 4 points away from a wild card spot with up to 3 games in hand. It might not be as bleak as you think.

Well my point is that we get close and pull a Leafs.

If our top line would get going a little bit more though then we will be set. Voracek is finding goals slowly so hopefully we can nab a playoff spot

Yeah, I think that's as much because of the stupid loser point making all the teams look closer than they should. I'm much more pessimistic about the number of teams in front of us rather than the number of points.

Loser point is doing it's job though. It makes us loser fans of loser teams forget how losery they are for a significant part of the season. Which is why they're probably never going to move to 3 points for a win.

Foggy

Tomorrow will be our toughest tank challenge yet. Find a way to lose to the Columbus Blue Jackets.

If it's Anton Forsberg in net, you can go ahead and pencil in 2 points.

Reminded today that Hartnell waived his NTC because he thought Columbus was on a winning track. Now he and Tyutin are probably going to be traded by the deadline.

There was a wild rumour last weekend Montreal offered a roster player (not Galchenyuk), a prospect (not Michael McCarron) and a conditional first-rounder for Drouin. Shot down by multiple sources.
Plekanec or Beaulieu and Scherbak and a 1st for Drouin?

Hmm

Cake Boss

Banned
Leafs lunch going all in on the Galbusnyk situation. Can't agree more.

You lost the game so your not allowed to enjoy your life in your personal time after your job is done is the dumbest shit from fans.

Top Bottom