• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

#Habs: Alex Galchenyuk and Devante Smith-Pelly will have a meeting with Marc Bergevin post-workout.

tumblr_mvd1r7bRbh1rcxo5yo1_400.gif

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Great write up from Ryan Whitney about his time playing in the KHL:

The guy drives me to my apartment. There’s no more exciting and nerve-wracking feeling than landing in a new city and being driven to your new home. So after a while, I start seeing all the Olympic rings everywhere. We drive into this big complex, and there are hundreds of these brand-new apartments. Perfectly paved streets. Rows of street lamps.

And there’s not a single living soul that I can see. No cars. No nothing.

I’m like, “Wait a second, this is the actual Olympic village.”

Which is awesome, except for the fact that the Olympics are over.

The guy stops the car outside one of the buildings. He points. “OK. Apartment.”

I get out of the car and look around, and it was like the zombie apocalypse had hit a college town. I get into the apartment, and there’s a single light and a bed.

My driver turns to leave and says, “10 a.m. Hospital. Drug test. I’ll be back. 10 a.m.”

Here's some More Info about the Meeting from Reddit.

Important bits for those who don't speak French:
  • The meeting is concerning the party that lead to the domestic dispute, obviously.
  • Nobody will be commenting on the meeting afterwards.
  • MB and MT told journalists to leave.
  • Players who were asked about the incident didn't say much.
  • Pacioretty said it has nothing to do with hockey and it wasn't something they'd talk about. He then said the guys are all buddies even though people might not think that, and that a story like this might be considered a "distraction" but they didn't see it that way. Then the usual spiel of "there are character guys in the locker room" and how they're good teammates and all that.
  • Gallagher said their focus was on playing Chicago on Thursday.
  • Eller said that if Alex was a normal Montrealer, this story wouldn't be newsworthy; it's only newsworthy because he is who he is, and that even though he did nothing wrong, he was sure that Galchenyuk would know that and be more careful now. Eller also said off-ice incidents were not as irritating as losing.

zroid

Banned
Can Rielly break out already pls
Man that 2012 Draft top five is pretty underwhelming

it would probably help if he weren't being anchored to Matt Hunwick, without getting any PP time.

I wonder how much of Rielly being "challenged" defensively this year is a ploy to keep his counting stats down so he doesn't have to get a big paycheck yet.

Samyy

it would probably help if he weren't being anchored to Matt Hunwick, without getting any PP time.

I wonder how much of Rielly being "challenged" defensively this year is a ploy to keep his counting stats down so he doesn't have to get a big paycheck yet.

Yea this is true too, seems like he was seeing 2nd PP time at practice though according to reports so hopefully that changes.

I'd rather they go after a nice D partner for Rielly in FA than Stamkos tbh or hope that Zaitsev kid is really good and we do end up signing him.

imBask

Banned
the biggest newspaper in Montreal is now reporting that Galchenyuk was in bed with 2 women (who were dressed) when his gf got home at 8am

EDIT : they also mention they weren't doing anything particularly incriminating, but cmon now. Hockey player, 2 girl in his bed. please.

Pikma

Banned
the biggest newspaper in Montreal is now reporting that Galchenyuk was in bed with 2 women (who were dressed) when his gf got home at 8am

EDIT : they also mention they weren't doing anything particularly incriminating, but cmon now. Hockey player, 2 girl in his bed. please.
Who does this commie think he is?! Jagr?

giphy.gif

Samyy

Come on Imbask, they were probably too drunk to drive, needed a place to crash - Gally was just being responsible
Anyway, if you want to sleep around and stuff as a professional athlete by all means have as much fun as possible, but why get a girlfriend then?

Yawnier

Banned

Damn commies are ruining this country. Don Cherry will be pissed.

This is discusting

imBask

Banned
Come on Imbask, they were probably too drunk to drive, needed a place to crash - Gally was just being responsible
Anyway, if you want to sleep around and stuff as a professional athlete by all means have as much fun as possible, but why get a girlfriend then?

Honestly, if the team was winning and he was dominant, I wouldn't complain.

7 points and -10 in the last 15 game and the team is in a massive slump, be a god damn professional and DON'T PARTY 'TIL 8AM RIGHT AFTER A DEFEAT YOU FUCKING MORON, YOU PLAYED TERRIBLY THAT GAME, WHY

Samyy

7 points and -10 in the last 15 game and the team is in a massive slump, be a god damn professional and DON'T PARTY 'TIL 8AM RIGHT AFTER A DEFEAT YOU FUCKING MORON, YOU PLAYED TERRIBLY THAT GAME, WHY

lol my bad the first sentence was sarcasm :p

Cake Boss

Banned

Because its called freedom and your not their mother. A bunch of 20 year old millionaires party after they finish work. Oh wow.

They can only party if they are winning games? Get the fuck out of here grandma.

Plus the motherfuckers were inside their house drinking and not out in some night club popping molly's and shit n murdering prostitutes.

Lol, how DARE a young person go to a party after finishing work. Doesn't he realize how serious professional sports entertainment is????

Yea this is true too, seems like he was seeing 2nd PP time at practice though according to reports so hopefully that changes.

I'd rather they go after a nice D partner for Rielly in FA than Stamkos tbh or hope that Zaitsev kid is really good and we do end up signing him.

I think Big Lou probably agrees.
But who'd the FA be?

imBask

Banned
Because its called freedom and your not their mother. A bunch of 20 year old millionaires party after they finish work. Oh wow.

the 20yo millionaires argument doesn't affect me, they work 8 month a year and make millions, they can party all they want during the summer.

but as I said it's also about the timing... the team is losing, you're not playing that well, don't put yourself in that situation right after a game. You're a public figure, you can't do that and not expect some backlash

Cake Boss

Banned
Wait I am not allowed to go home and drink some beers with my teammate and I got to know in advance that my girlfriend is going to come in and cause some shit for me to call the police?

Yeah no that's not how it works.

imBask

Banned
Wait I am not allowed to go home and drink some beers with my teammate and I got to know in advance that my girlfriend is going to come in and cause some shit for me to call the police?

Yeah no that's not how it works.

bro, he wasn't drinking "some beers with some bros", it was 8am as in "the party was still going on" and he was with 2 ladies in his bed

I don't care about the gf stuff, but because of her now we know this fucboi was partying hard

Cake Boss

Banned
Oh no 8am on the weekend on a Saturday night lol he went in hard. Stayed home with some females and partyed with their clothes on lol. Damn what a menace to society.

Motherfucker doesn't have a game till Thursday night.

imBask

Banned
Oh no 8am on the weekend on a Saturday night lol he went in hard. Stayed home with some females and partyed with their clothes on lol. Damn what a menace to society.

Motherfucker doesn't have a game till Thursday night.

you're just jealous because bar close at 8pm in Ottawa :3

okay here's my real argument about the situation : I don't like Galchenyuk

Top Bottom