• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2017 |OT| May 2016's reign of terror end with the Wild's sacrificial loss

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I thought it was okay after the fact. I did like the homicide cases. I'd probably play it again if it went on sale on PS4.

But I'm not questioning quality exactly. Just the decision itself to have LA Noire remastered vs. Red Dead Redemption, with RDR2 coming out this year. Though, the RDR coding is apparently a mess to deal with anyway.

LA Noire > Red Dead Redemption

But I'm in the minority. And it would probably make more sense to do RDR honestly.

iLLmAtlc

LA Noire was so damn fun for like the first quarter for me. After that it just became so repetitive.

Part of that might have been my problem tho because I remember being off for Summer holidays and playing that shit non stop. I might have enjoyed it more if I played it more like a normal human being. >_>

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
LA Noire was a game I kinda liked but wanted to like much more. Game just had too many fatal flaws, and its open world was pretty useless for the most part. It served purely as a way to set the ambiance but offered virtually no spontaneous gameplay options. You could pretty much do only exactly the things the game really wanted to at any given time, which kind of defeats the purpose of an open sandbox.

Also, Cole was a fucking psychopath.

My issues with LA Noire had to do with the bizarre plot decisions that infamous writer dude inserted. The affair stuff, the homicide dept corruption, all of a sudden playing as the PI. It broke the natural progression of the story.

Oh and selecting 'Doubt' and having Cole lose his shit.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Knew that goal was coming after we committed like 3 penalties on the preceding shift.

Like I said, the opposite of our last game.

Stasis

I want Simmonds on the Rangers so bad.

Have for a while. A better, less cunty, Lucic.

Flyers fans are seriously fucking annoying in general ( SO MUCH experience) but I don't hate the team now and I really do want some of their players.

We should merge teams and dominate the Metro.

I want Simmonds on the Rangers so bad.

Have for a while. A better, less cunty, Lucic.

Flyers fans are seriously fucking annoying in general ( SO MUCH experience) but I don't hate the team now and I really do want some of their players.

We should merge teams and dominate the Metro.

I should throw a battery at you

At least Leafs fans are staying levelheaded about this win streak.

anWhOfu.png

I don't see a team that can go head to head with us..... except that team leading our division who has beaten us 47 times in a row.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
At least Leafs fans are staying levelheaded about this win streak.

anWhOfu.png

to be fair to the opinion

we don't really know how good this team really is

our offense was always hot but in the beginning part of the year, the team was mired by freddy five and some really atrocious defense.

is their performance sustainable? advanced stats say yes, but hard to know for sure because it's rookie mania.

Be fair to opinions that aren't stupid. There are at least a half dozen Eastern teams who can beat the Leafs on any given night, and more that could best them in a best of 7.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Be fair to opinions that aren't stupid. There are at least a half dozen Eastern teams who can beat the Leafs on any given night, and more that could best them in a best of 7.

only 2 teams have manhandled us

the lightning and the kings

Habs games were pretty tight and every one of them was on the back end of a back to back for us.

Personally, I don't really fear any team going into the game. Most of the times the Leafs lose, they aren't skating and I see it as self-inflicted.

We are .500 or have a winning record against every team in the east except montreal and carolina (we only played them once, though)

edit: sorry, also NYI... also one game played against them

edit2: double sorry, forgot ottawa because fuck ottawa

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Blech. Had that feeling all game. Win a game on Monday that we should have lost, lose a game tonight that we should have won. Oh well. Now to the All-Star break.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I need Cake Boss's hot take on this James Mirtle tweet

Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't he supposed to be a respected hockey analyst?

This is like something a joke character on hfboards would create a thread about. Was he always posting Leafs fanfic?

Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't he supposed to be a respected hockey analyst?

This is like something a joke character on hfboards would create a thread about. Was he always posting Leafs fanfic?

Mirtle vascillates between a few public personalities:

1) Nice hockey reporter lad
2) Snarky internet guy
3) Leafs hype builder (gimme clicks)

Number 1 seems to have died while 2 and 3 are going strong.

Top Bottom