• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2017 |OT| May 2016's reign of terror end with the Wild's sacrificial loss

Erdrick

You and Dopey deserve each other. Totally oblivious of context, driven by an imagined rivalry.

This is just preparation for the 2019 Stanley Cup Final against the Leafs when Laine wins the Conn Smythe Trophy as the Jets beat them to win it all, my man.

Oh god why did you bring that up? Just about the worst game I've seen them play in.... ugh actually they have totally awful duds like that every month or two 😐

I thankfully did not see that. I understand they were booed though. Rightfully so for how I heard they played too.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
This is just preparation for the 2019 Stanley Cup Final against the Leafs when Laine wins the Conn Smythe Trophy as the Jets beat them to win it all, my man.

I thankfully did not see that. I understand they were booed though. Rightfully so for how I heard they played too.

the only way laine wins the conn smythe is if he scores multiple goals on his own net.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
KREIDERRRRRR

ehfGIJm.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I was wondering why it was so quiet in here tonight, and I only just now realized there was another thread where all the Canadians are ogling teenage boys.

Erdrick

the only way laine wins the conn smythe is if he scores multiple goals on his own net.

We'll have to see. Hopefully both our teams will have become worthy enough to make it that far by then. Besides, with the way you guys have played against the Jets in the last 3-4 years, you'll need a handicap against us. 😉

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
GRABNER!

That's Grabner's 15th on the season. Kreider's goal earlier was his 16th. So at the halfway point of the season, both Kreider and Grabs are on a 30+ goal pace.

Erdrick

Good fucking lord Radulov

What a bad, bad, man

Yo, Red, I gladly admit I was wrong about him in the offseason. He's been real great for you guys. I've just seen so many Russian players who have fled to the KHL and come back with great fanfare (Like he did with Nashville) or guys signing like Semin who have such lousy work ethics, that I figured he'd be another disaster of a signing.

Glad for you guys, that I was wrong.

imBask

Banned
medias should probably investigate the Canadiens fitness/training/medical staff. half the team falls down around the same time every year

DopeyFish

We'll have to see. Hopefully both our teams will have become worthy enough to make it that far by then. Besides, with the way you guys have played against the Jets in the last 3-4 years, you'll need a handicap against us. 😉

playoffs are a different animal, man.

just ask sens fans of their memories of the early 2000s

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
AGally
Markov
Desharnais
Pateryn
Shaw
Byron
BGally

Fucking ridiculous

Yo, Red, I gladly admit I was wrong about him in the offseason. He's been real great for you guys. I've just seen so many Russian players who have fled to the KHL and come back with great fanfare (Like he did with Nashville) or guys signing like Semin who have such lousy work ethics, that I figured he'd be another disaster of a signing.

Glad for you guys, that I was wrong.
You're not the only one, Bergevin took a gamble and it paid off. Incredible player.

zroid

Banned
I don't think a one year contract was much of a gamble tbh

reportedly he wanted a multi-year deal, and that would have been a huge gamble. i think he finally relented when nobody was willing to offer it.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I don't think a one year contract was much of a gamble tbh

reportedly he wanted a multi-year deal, and that would have been a huge gamble. i think he finally relented when nobody was willing to offer it.
90% of media and fans, including posters here thought it was a hilariously bad signing / bust in the making.

DopeyFish

or leafs fans when they played the Bruins.

4-1

That's also a good example

Before the playoff series, our record of the previous 10 games against the bruins was 1-8-1

We weren't expected to win. At all. We almost slayed our dragon, then the dragon melted our face off and ate us.

Erdrick

playoffs are a different animal, man.

just ask sens fans of their memories of the early 2000s

Oh I know. It'll be fun if they ever faced each other. The NHL would likely hate it as it would be ratings poison, mind you. We'll see how they fare against each other on February 21st.

imBask

Banned
can you really blame us for having doubts on a guy who deserted the league twice, after getting caught partying at 3am during the playoffs with a known coke addict piece of shit

DopeyFish

Everyone remembers that series for the 4-1 incident, as they should. But that whole series was a fuckin roller coaster to get to 7 games.

Too bad the whole thing is soured because it was fucking 4 fucking 1.

We were also losing the series 3-1 at one point

Top Bottom