• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2017 |OT| May 2016's reign of terror end with the Wild's sacrificial loss

imBask

Banned
This is some bullshit excuse not to give a team their due respects.

It's like that thread on GAF saying Gretzky isn't as great as people make him out to be because he played in an "easier" era compared to today.

yeah but his corsi tho

iLLmAtlc

Sure there are no ties, but there's probably more parity now. Does having no ties outweigh the better competition?

They've had shootouts for 10+ years, it's not like these streaks are happening all the time.

Stasis

Metro Division remains bonkers.

UKDxzHi.png

That's a wild card team in 5th place in the NHL.

This just tells me we need a few more loser points and a few less regulation losses.

That wildcard team will be us pretty soon. Come back Buch, Nash, Ziba. And non-existent competent RH-PMD.

Foggy

This just tells me we need a few more loser points and a few less regulation losses.

That wildcard team will be us pretty soon. Come back Buch, Nash, Ziba. And non-existent competent RH-PMD.

The fact that only 3 points separate a team with 5 regulation losses compared to a team with 13 regulation losses is a concise indictment of the absurd point structure.

Then again, there are 5 games in hand. Still, it's weird.

Socreges

Banned
The fact that only 3 points separate a team with 5 regulation losses compared to a team with 13 regulation losses is a concise indictment of the absurd point structure.

Then again, there are 5 games in hand. Still, it's weird.
I mean...that's the main reason, though. A difference of 5 GP is pretty massive.

Erdrick

Hmm... That post questioning the merit of the Blue Jackets win streak reminds me of some media during the last lockout shortened season that was doing the same towards the Blackhawks and their win streak that they had going. Shootouts, etc. Were used as points to devalue their wins as well.

The fact still stands that the Blue Jackets are playing the best hockey in the NHL right now and the best of the entire franchises' existence. I'm envious.

Leafs playing B2B, Devils Friday and Habs Saturday? This is when the talk-radio conversation shifts from 'Playoffs?' to 'Can we get Fowler/Trouba for JVR?'

PillarEN

Sad how nobody talks about Eichel at all. Hell I've heard more about Aho on this board than Eichel. Maybe cause Sabres fans haven't showed up yet.

But they should be here already. The Bills season is over. What else is there other than hockey? Syracuse basketball? Fuck outta here with college sports if you live in the Buffalo area.

Canadiens Montréal – Verified account ‏@CanadiensMTL

The Canadiens recalled forwards Sven Andrighetto and Nikita Scherbak from the AHL’s St. John’s IceCaps on Thursday

OH SHIT SCHERBAK IS COMING UP

Can we get a Radulov Galchenyuk Scherbak line?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
NBCSN is feeling the Beej. They've moved up the start of their pregame show tonight to 7 so they can do a live look-in on CBJ-WSH.

They also just announced that if the Blue Jackets win tonight, NYR-CBJ will air on NBCSN.

PillarEN

NBCSN is feeling the Beej. They've moved up the start of their pregame show tonight to 7 so they can do a live look-in on CBJ-WSH.

The also just announced that if the Blue Jackets win tonight, NYR-CBJ will air on NBCSN.

Pretty much the same story here in the CZ. We were supposed to get the Lightning against someone today. Swapped out for Jackets/Caps. Staying up for this one for sure.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Let's be honest: 4th place in the Metro is the place to be. You "only" have to get past Carey Price then and let the rest of the division kill each other in the first two rounds.

rofl rofl rofl

TSN is doing the top 10 world JR Canada vs US moments and just played the Tokarski save that made Pierre Maguire go NUTS, so over the top heh

Montresor

Wow the Leafs are only 2 points behind a playoff spot with 3 games in hand on Boston.

I'm not sure how that happened but I'll take it.

Top Bottom