• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2017 |OT| May 2016's reign of terror end with the Wild's sacrificial loss

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Maybe when the vets wake up, the Leafs will be able to defeat the Montreal Icecaps

Pls come back soon AGally & Markov

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
These are the players who have more goals than Michael Grabner:

Sidney Crosby
Jeff Carter
Patrik Laine
Auston Matthews
David Pastrnak
Vladimir Tarasenko
Cam Atkinson
Max Pacioretty

Grabner leads the Rangers in goals going into the bye week after 42 games. His 18 goals are the most he's had in a season since he scored 20 goals in 2011-12. He's on pace for 35+, which would be a new career high.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Actually now that I think about it, Marner was the only dangerous Leaf all night. Outside of the final minute, I can't think of anyone else creating any chances.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Actually now that I think about it, Marner was the only dangerous Leaf all night. Outside of the final minute, I can't think of anyone else creating any chances.

kind of funny

i couldn't think of a single hab creating chances, either.

it's almost like everything was self inflicted... hmm

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
kind of funny

i couldn't think of a single hab creating chances, either.

it's almost like everything was self inflicted... hmm

I certainly hope so, look at this fucking lineup:

Pacioretty-Danault-Radulov
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Andrighetto
Carr-Mitchell-Flynn
Farnham-McCarron-Scherbak

Emelin-Weber
Beaulieu-Petry
Barberio-Johnston

Would be pretty embarrassing to allow 5 goals from this team.

Red_Man

No, the Leafs lost to Carey Price as usual. Also, you realize the Leafs are also half an AHL team right?
Price scored 5 goals? That has to be a NHL record

A team playing on the second game of a back to back lost to a team that last played Wednesday.

Congratulations, i guess.
So, back to back > 7 regulars out of the lineup? Anything to justify your team getting lit up I suppose

Pikma

Banned
Habs fans would have easily used the "we had all odds stacked against us" card if they lost, like always, so I don't know why Dopey can't get away with excuses just as dumb as those

It's like a shitty excuse war

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Habs fans would have easily used the "we had all odds stacked against us" card if they lost, like always, so I don't know why Dopey can't get away with excuses just as dumb as those

It's like a shitty excuse war

Shut up Pikma

Good night, I love you

Red_Man

I see Gallagher and Galchenyuk. And... The rest, lol.
Markov top 10 in D scoring when he was injured, Shaw with 9 points in his last 11 games, Pateryn a noticeable upgrade over the third pairing that the Leafs abused all night long, any team losing to this Habs team while Price is also playing is worst hockey should be embarrassed.

Merguson

Banned
Markov top 10 in D scoring when he was injured, Shaw with 9 points in his last 11 games, Pateryn a noticeable upgrade over the third pairing that the Leafs abused all night long, any team losing to this Habs team while Price is also playing is worst hockey should be embarrassed.

Spare parts have good stints occasionally. Who gives a shit?

Red_Man

Spare parts have good stints occasionally. Who gives a shit?
Top 10 in scoring is spare parts? 9 points in 11 games swapped for a guy who's never played a NHL game won't make a difference? If the Leafs were missing 7 NHL regulars, the amount of sob stories coming out of Toronto would be ridiculous.

Merguson

Banned
Top 10 in scoring is spare parts? 9 points in 11 games swapped for a guy who's never played a NHL game won't make a difference? If the Leafs were missing 7 NHL regulars, the amount of sob stories coming out of Toronto would be ridiculous.

Shaw has never reached more than 40 points in a season, C'mon now.

If a 39 year old defenseman is not a spare part at this point, then you've got bigger problems than I thought.

The Habs youth from the AHL would be better than pouring money into these spare parts.

Socreges

Banned
Gonna have to, um, side with...*breathes deeply* Red_Man... on this one...

Excuse me one moment

LZutbHo.jpg

Red_Man

Shaw has never reached more than 40 points in a season, C'mon now.

If a 39 year old defenseman is not a spare part at this point, then you've got bigger problems than I thought.

The Habs youth from the AHL would be better than pouring money into these spare parts.
He was top 10 in scoring for D, which Leafs D men are top 10 in points? Markov has been fantastic this year and now a kid has had to take on his spot. The difference between the Habs youth and the Leafs youth is they aren't all top 5 picks from being shit for a decade and tend to be more depth players. The fact that any Leafs fan is trying to downplay almost half this team being out is hilariously insecure. Second regulation loss since December and its against the team icing half AHLers, and when Price let in 3 goals, congrats.

DopeyFish

He was top 10 in scoring for D, which Leafs D men are top 10 in points? Markov has been fantastic this year and now a kid has had to take on his spot. The difference between the Habs youth and the Leafs youth is they aren't all top 5 picks from being shit for a decade and tend to be more depth players. The fact that any Leafs fan is trying to downplay almost half this team being out is hilariously insecure. Second regulation loss since December and its against the team icing half AHLers, and when Price let in 3 goals, congrats.

so you think having 3 smaller defensively weaker offensively oriented players, is going to help you against a team that preys on smaller defensively weaker offensively oriented players?

bold strategy, cotton

imBask

Banned
we scored 5 goals with arguably 4 out of 6 of our top 6 out of the lineup, but let's hang on to the fact that Markov was out!

take the L, you lost to a decimated team with your garbage ass lineup and your garbage ass defense and your garbage ass goalie and your garbage ass city and arena and coach and cheating piece of shit of an almost-GM

ez no gg no re

DopeyFish

we scored 5 goals with arguably 4 out of 6 of our top 6 out of the lineup, but let's hang on to the fact that Markov was out!

take the L, you lost to a decimated team with your garbage ass lineup and your garbage ass defense and your garbage ass goalie and your garbage ass city and arena and coach and cheating piece of shit of a almost-GM

why don't you call 911 for us throwing shade onto your sad squad of aryan soldiers

Merguson

Banned

A loss is a loss.

I just find it hilarious that Habs fans wanna parade out seven NHL regulars as if they're all key pieces.

What a game between Leafs and Montreal, super intense and I'm glad to see the salt spilled over to here too. Bullshit penalty on Hyman, Emelin can be a danger to both sides at times. And LOL at people saying Matthews was invisible, he was making nice plays all night, though Marner was the best Leaf for sure. You gotta think he has a future on the PK after tonight's performance. A night Andersen would like to forget though, fucking sucks when the game was that close that he let in two stinkers.

Gallagher and Galchenyuk would've put that game way beyond these Leafs tonight.

Losing regulars sucks, but let's be honest: Pretty much every Hab fan here would prefer seeing Scherbak, McCarron, Lehkonen, Carr and Andrighetto (sp?) being and staying in the line-up ahead of guys like Byron, as good as he's been this season.

edit: Markov is a zombie. Price keeps that group looking respectable. *sizzle*

Top Bottom