• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2017 |OT| May 2016's reign of terror end with the Wild's sacrificial loss

calder

Just finished FF XV. That story.........

jck.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I just started FFXV, we'll see how it goes

Cindy to start is kinda hilarious fanservice

iLLmAtlc

That game was a lot more enjoyable than yesterday's dumpster fire, but tough loss.

Wonder if Jordan Subban will ever get a chance, he's been scoring a lot in the AHL (20 pts in 30).

Cake Boss

Banned
Woow I didn't think I see this much salt tonight other than my wife vagina after multiple rounds. Scored more than the SNES tho. Fuck you Eugene.

malfcn

Jackets need an actual back up goaltender. Every reel I see with McElhinney, he is making awkward saves, or lit up. If Bob goes down, the ship sinks with him.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Jackets need an actual back up goaltender. Every reel I see with McElhinney, he is making awkward saves, or lit up. If Bob goes down, the ship sinks with him.

It would be pretty safe to say we don't win that game if Bobrovsky is in net.

malfcn

It would be pretty safe to say we don't win that game if Bobrovsky is in net.

It was terrible. The third period was building up to a loss. I think Bob would have kept one or two of those out however. The team used to collapse like that, but it was surprising to see it happen after the fire they've been on.

Looking up his history, he plays well in the AHL but can't translate that same success in the NHL. I want to like him, but I just can't.

Foggy

Mac is fine. People need to chill with the hyperbole. This is the only game that he's lost for the team this season, all the others he's won for them. He let in a bad 4th goal and then Seth made an uncharacteristically bad mistake.

Bob went down last season and Korpi and Mac kept the team on an even keel. The Jackets had a worse record with Bob in net last season which speaks to how bad a year it was for him.

Bishop or Fleury rental? Both are FA after this season I believe.

The only reason to get them is if Bob is long-term injured by the trade deadline. If they're going to get a rental, it should be a skater.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Last nights game is the first one in years that actually felt like a rivalry again, a playoff matchup would be amazing.

mdubs

Banned
Lol us Leafs and Habs fans. We always hate each other because our teams always hate each other. I feel like this Leafs management team signed Matt Martin to that ridiculous contract for the sole reason of pissing off both the Canadians and Canucks players.

The historical rivalry between English and French Canada along with these teams existing in competition against one another for 100 years also plays into why the rivalry continues with such ferocity.

Hence, my grandfather hates the habs, my father hates the habs, I hate the habs, and my children will hate the habs just as a similar cycle is present on the other side. The circle of life continues

The historical rivalry between English and French Canada along with these teams existing in competition against one another for 100 years also plays into why the rivalry.

Hence, my grandfather hates the habs, my father hates the habs, I hate the habs, and my children will hate the habs just as a similar cycle is present on the other side. The circle of life continues

One thing that both Leafs fans and Habs fans can agree on:

Fuck the Bruins

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Forsberg-Johansen-Jarnkrok
Watson-Fisher-Sissons
Fiala-Ribeiro-Smith
Zolnierczyk-Kamenev-Gaudreau

thisisfine.jpg

Also, Granberg is apparently on waivers. I would say good riddance, but at the rate that Preds are getting hurt he probably won't be sent down if he clears.

calder

No surprise on Laine, although I was hoping for better news. Guess we'll know more when the symptoms subside

A little extra painful that maurice was asked about replacing him in the lineup and immediately mentioned Drew Stafford 🙄

Socreges

Banned
Babby Ryan is a trump supporter and a locker room cancer
Nick Kypreos‏ @RealKyper 5m
Apparently Ryan continued to tell Boucher he would 'Make the Senators Great Again'. When pressed for specifics, or why the Senators aren't great now, Ryan roused the locker room into a 'Lock Him Up' chant

Holy shit, something has to be done

Laine being out for god knows how long basically kills both any playoff hopes we had and his chance at the calder trophy. Enjoy the trophy Matthews.

So Bobby Ryan is a shit head. I'm sure Arizona or Washington would take him off Ottawa's hands.

Shin...

Soc is trolling, I too fell for his fake tweets

Laine has a concussion

Fuck.

fucking shit.. just great. i hate this overly violent side of hockey, always have and always will. i know it was a so called clean hit but come on.. are those kind of tackles really necessary? Laine himself plays physical too and gives hits, but i can't imagine him doing what was done to him to someone else.. it's just classless and IMO not entertaining. basically making someone skate into a wall and absorbing a hit that could seriously injure a person (or even kill if you're really unlucky with your brain).

blah, i guess i'm not watching any Jets games for a while. rooting for Minnesota now, hoping no one takes out Granlund.

Socreges

Banned
fucking shit.. just great. i hate this overly violent side of hockey, always have and always will. i know it was a so called clean hit but come on.. are those kind of tackles really necessary? Laine himself plays physical too and gives hits, but i can't imagine him doing what was done to him to someone else.. it's just classless and IMO not entertaining. basically making someone skate into a wall and absorbing a hit that could seriously injure a person (or even kill if you're really unlucky with your brain).

blah, i guess i'm not watching any Jets games for a while. rooting for Minnesota now, hoping no one takes out Granlund.
Do you like hockey, or just your fellow compatriots?

Solo

Habs are going to look a lot better in a few days. Crazy that Danault has risen to 1C with the injuries. He's been a great pickup, but damn I'll be happy to have AGally back at 1C.

Top Bottom