• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2017 |OT| May 2016's reign of terror end with the Wild's sacrificial loss

Quick

Banned
yeah well, we'll just disagree then. i hate violence that risks brain health, whether it's legal or clean or whatever you want to call it. the hit on Laine was too risky, and hits like that should not be part of the game IMO. i don't want to watch hockey where every super-skilled player has to constantly watch over their shoulder in fear of being targeted for injury.. i want the Laines and McDavids and Matthewses to be able to play without fear.

i'll stop posting about this now since obviously everyone else seems to prefer rough hockey.

also those jersey ads are silly but don't come anywhere close to an announcer actually saying out loud in a serious voice GOALTENDERS BROUGHT TO YOU BY CPI SECURITY. that's way too over the top ridiculous.

You're missing the point that McCabe is finishing a check and Laine wasn't paying attention to McCabe, directly ahead of him. Laine received the pass at very close proximity to McCabe, and got clocked because he wasn't paying attention beforehand. Blame the player who passed it to him, not the guy whose assignment is to cover Laine/Jets forwards.

It's not an issue exclusive to skilled players or Finnish players.

nah man, think about it.. "goaltenders brought to you by" as a sentence doesn't even make sense. it's fucking dumb and laughable. no one should have to embarrass himself having to say that out loud.

"(starting) goaltenders, brought to you by"

makes perfect sense, actually. You're confusing what is being brought to you... it isn't the goaltenders themselves but the act of announcing the goaltenders.

You know the context, you know what's being presented, and its purpose. This is just being really pedantic.

giphy.gif

i'm.. Larry? fuck.. thanks man! i've tried to model my behavior after him, worked out pretty pretty pretty pretty good so far at least IRL.

Astro, that isn't rough hockey. That's a guy getting a suicide pass and not paying attention to who is in front of him.

I've complained about borderline hits before on here. Quite a bit. This wasn't one of those cases.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Sens are winning but they've pretty much mailed it in this period. Only reason they're winning is Condon.

I think you are joking around here but this is definitely the best team the Wild has ever had. Top to bottom goaltender to center this roster is better than any other Wild team in the past.

For sure! Also Socreges is kidding around since I like to post when the Ducks lose that we lost to the best, even if that team isn't the best, or specifying a region they're the best in. We lost to the Canucks, a top 2 team in Vancouver.

mdubs

Banned
I feel like all of the times I see Auston Matthews on the bench with the smelling salts is driving me to investigate if I can use them to stay away in lecture...

Socreges

Banned
So how about that Black Mirror eh

Would start Season 2, but it's too close to bed time and this shit fucks with my head. 😨

Edit - on a more serious note, my tenants (also cousin in law + bf) downstairs are having a major row. Slamming, yelling, and I'm pretty sure physical abuse. It would be the girl hitting the guy. It's disturbing and I feel sick for them - him especially. They probably won't break up, but I hope they're actually done.

Might as well watch more Black Mirror now. Will be a nice reprieve.

So how about that Black Mirror eh

Would start Season 2, but it's too close to bed time and this shit fucks with my head. 😨

Edit - on a more serious note, my tenants (also cousin in law + bf) downstairs are having a major row. Slamming, yelling, and I'm pretty sure physical abuse. It would be the girl hitting the guy. It's disturbing and I feel sick for them - him especially. They probably won't break up, but I hope they're actually done.

Might as well watch more Black Mirror now. Will be a nice reprieve.
Season 2 is probably in the top 3 seasons of Black Mirror

Solo

Kinda cool (and fitting) that both Crosby (982) and Ovechkin (996) are both going to hit 1000 points in the same season.

Shit, Ovi could hit 1000 tonight vs the Habs lol

imBask

Banned
oh no, now i'm a NeoGAF alt-righter

well while we're at it... might as well just admit everything : I once laughed at a tumblrinaction reddit meme

:(

yyzjohn

Banned
oh no, now i'm a NeoGAF alt-righter

well while we're at it... might as well just admit everything : I once laughed at a tumblrinaction reddit meme

:(

I only said yes to further promote the joke, I don't think you'd actually mock a real tragedy (unless of course it involved the Leafs)

Top Bottom