• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2017 |OT| May 2016's reign of terror end with the Wild's sacrificial loss

Reckheim

So what do you guys think are the chances are JVR gets traded before the trade deadline?

We had a replacement for him in the AHL (Kapanen) but that is no longer an option.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So what do you guys think are the chances are JVR gets traded before the trade deadline?

We had a replacement for him in the AHL (Kapanen) but that is no longer an option.

10% They aren't going to trade him just for the sake of trading him. They'd need a really insane deal to move him at the deadline and I don't see any team doing that really.

Is it really success when they're as far away from a championship as the 76ers?

You know that's incorrect bitch!

How bout you meet me somewhere and fight me.

Depends on the standings.

Kapanen isnt necessarily a replacement for JVR. As annoyingly inconsistent as JVR can be, he's an established top-6 NHL forward. Kapanen is a prospect (a good one!) who was a healthy scratch in last year's AHL playoffs.

Reckheim

Depends on the standings.

Kapanen isnt necessarily a replacement for JVR. As annoyingly inconsistent as JVR can be, he's an established top-6 NHL forward. Kapanen is a prospect (a good one!) who was a healthy scratch in last year's AHL playoffs.

A top 6 nhl forward that wont sign with us after his deal is done. I'd rather get something for him while he still has a year on his contract and some decent value.

I personally don't believe that even if we do make it to the playoffs that we have any chance of getting any further then the first or second round so keeping him for that purpose is meaningless (imo).

Foggy

xXk0LOCh.jpg

I call dibs!

Reckheim

Why do you think he'll leave?

Based on his output he is going to want a long contract with something like 6-8m a year.

Seeing as we'll eventually have to ponny up for the young guys we wont be able to afford him.

And i'm sure there will be plenty of teams out there that would be willing to offer him a much better contract then the leafs.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Jesper Fast is our 7 to 10 days with an upper body injury of some sort. Matt Puempel, though, is back and participating in practice today.

Chris Kreider got hit with a max fine of $5,000 for hitting Eakin with his helmet.

PillarEN

What are your teams willing to give up for Vanek who has 30 points in 33 games? C'mon Pittsburgh, Montreal or Chicago. Give us something.

From 30 Thoughts today:
Montreal reporter Eric Engels suspects the Canadiens and Ducks have been talking, and some of that dates back to last season. What is true is Montreal’s been scouting Anaheim quite a bit. We’ll see

Ducks and Habs Trading again!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The Colorado Avalanche are on pace for the most regulation losses since the expansion Atlanta Thrashers of 1999-2000. WOW.

Pretty crazy considering the Sabres literally demolished their team and did everything possible to tank for McDavid.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Since we're talking about trades everybody knows is going to happen, let's talk about Kevin Shattenkirk to the Rangers. As much as I don't really want it to be a thing, we all know it's totally going to be a thing, right? So the question is: what do the Rangers give up for Shattenkirk?

I'm guessing JT Miller, a 1st, and some spare change.

Cactus

Banned
It might be Lindholm, might be Fowler(doubt it) or it might be Vatanen. Heck it might even be a forward

Fuck, I hope it isn't Lindholm :p

He'd cost a lot of assets, though.

Since we're talking about trades everybody knows is going to happen, let's talk about Kevin Shattenkirk to the Rangers. As much as I don't want it to be a thing, we all know it's totally going to be a thing, right? So the question is: what do the Rangers give up for Shattenkirk?

I'm guessing JT Miller, a 1st, and some spare change.

Internet speculation says he wants to play in NY, so that might be a pretty good deal if he ends up re-signing.

He's the guy I want the Leafs to throw money at this summer.

Top Bottom