• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2017 |OT| May 2016's reign of terror end with the Wild's sacrificial loss

Stasis

Since we're talking about trades everybody knows is going to happen, let's talk about Kevin Shattenkirk to the Rangers. As much as I don't really want it to be a thing, we all know it's totally going to be a thing, right? So the question is: what do the Rangers give up for Shattenkirk?

I'm guessing JT Miller, a 1st, and some spare change.

Man, I'm hoping they wait it out at this point. Our D needs much more than a Shattenkirk bandaid to do anything in the playoffs. We have an issue in net this season too.

I know we can't keep everyone, but why pay for Shatty when he's made it abundantly clear he'll come to us on a decent contract in the off-season? I hope management sees this. Getting him now is pointless unless there are other moves and a healthy Raanta can be our usual Hank.

Offensively we're dynamite with everyone healthy. So much depth. But we need better goal-tending and I'd say another D on top of Shattenkirk. We need G gone, Klein on the third pairing at most, and another righty. I guess Holden could do it. But then we have:

McDonagh - Shattenkirk
Staal - Holden
Skjei - Klein/Clendening

Still not great. Not deep playoff-run worthy. I'd want something like:

McDonagh - Shattenkirk
Staal - X
Holden - Skjei/Clendening

That'd be a step in the right direction.

Delete this

Delete you

eej95sp7zkcx.gif

Holiday

Banned
The Blues need to trade Shattenkirk, but I think Boston makes more sense than NYR, unless he really only wants to play for the Rags. Either way, I'm sure I'll be disappointed.

Socreges

Banned
Why do the Blues need to trade Shattenkirk? So they can afford Parayko? Would it not be better to trade Bouwmeester?

It might be Lindholm, might be Fowler(doubt it) or it might be Vatanen. Heck it might even be a forward
It might be a goalie. Or perhaps a forward or a defenseman. It could be a prospect. It could also be a draft pick. But it will definitely not be the equipment manager. For sure.

Holiday

Banned
Why do the Blues need to trade Shattenkirk? So they can afford Parayko? Would it not be better to trade Bouwmeester?

They can't afford to resign him (especially if they ever want to get a center), and they won't be winning anything this year, so keeping him doesn't make a lot of sense. Although Bouwmeester has declined recently, the Blues' LD would look bad without him. Plus, he has a NTC.

Stasis

It might be a goalie. Or perhaps a forward or a defenseman. It could be a prospect. It could also be a draft pick. But it will definitely not be the equipment manager. For sure.

I think they want to trade him but for the right price. I feel he's gone next season regardless, and likely to the Rangers. Too much smoke, too much need. It's a perfect fit. He's said it, we've basically said it... without outright saying: "I WANT TO SIGN WITH THE RANGERS" or "WE WANT SHATTENKIRK". It's about as close as can be from both sides.

Not a done deal by any means, but the potential is very high.

i hear Laine is back on the ice! could he be playing within a week maybe?

i want him to still have a shot at the Calder. even though it will probably go to Matthews (deservedly), but i just want it to be a race. both are incredible players in their own way.

calder

i hear Laine is back on the ice! could he be playing within a week maybe?

Nah, I would just assume they will slow his return until after the all star break regardless. And who knows, without word on how he felt after skating he may still be a few weeks away from practicing.

But a lot of teams seem to prefer their rookies *not* actually go to the all star game.

Definitely not him. You build franchises around equipment managers like him.

The only folks tradeable is probably Vatanen. Depending on how they feel about Fowler, he'd be on a list, but I think if possible, they'd keep Lindholm and Fowler. Vatanen hasn't been as consistently good this year in a bigger role.

But feel free to take Clayton Stoner. We can talk to Bieksa about waiving his NMC

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely not him. You build franchises around equipment managers like him.

The only folks tradeable is probably Vatanen. Depending on how they feel about Fowler, he'd be on a list, but I think if possible, they'd keep Lindholm and Fowler. Vatanen hasn't been as consistently good this year in a bigger role.

But feel free to take Clayton Stoner. We can talk to Bieksa about waiving his NMC

We're not trying to cripple your franchise here, we'll just take a spare part like Fowler, or Silfverberg.

calder

Jets rebound and pot a couple, dominate play for a good stretch.

... this is EXACTLY when Pavelec would normally give up a softy. It's basically his calling card

calder

Don't screw it up tonight, Jets.

EDIT: Pavelec continues to be terrible.

I was scared pregame that Pavs was going to do one of his bullshit 5 game hot streaks and then a panicking Chevy would extend him two years. At least that doesn't look as likely now. ;)

Oh god footage of Laine turn it off! i can't be reminded of how much more exciting this is when he's playing

calder

Coyotes are so bad, my god. That 5on5 looked like a two man advantage

Gonna really suck when we lose to this scrub team anyway

Top Bottom