• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

1 billion e!!!!!

Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund

FYI. 3 NHL sources (who are awake/got back to me ) are all VERY cautious about this. "I would love to say we are home free, but too soon"

Quick, put Eklund back on Sportsnet in a mysterious room

Quick

Banned
Quick...come on son

iJrpjo0hl2Fg9.gif

Revenant

c'mon NHL stop teasing the shaft or pull the zipper back up and leave so I can pump one out to some low grade skinemax (ECHL, AHL)

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
I don't miss hockey as much as I thought I would. How about you guys?

In fact, I don't really miss it at all. The time I'd normally spend watching hockey, managing my NHL Fantasy Team, and joshing with my Canucks friends is being filled with other things. Once the NHL resumes, I'll get back into it right away. I won't even hold much of a grudge.

Take your time NHL & NHLPA. In fact, I wouldn't mind if this dragged on a bit longer so that they lose some more fans and lose the momentum they had. I want NHL revenues to decrease. I want the salary cap to decrease. I want the players to know that they fucked up (the owners fucked up too, but most won't feel it.. and even if they did, we wouldn't know).

So everything is fine.

The only thing that makes me sad is that players - especially the ones I like or like to watch (e.g. Selanne, Crosby, Sedins, Khabibulin lol, Giroux, etc.) - are wasting a year of their already short careers. Such talent is a terrible thing to waste. Can you imagine Gretzky sitting out one of his peak years?

Pikma

Banned

In fact, I don't really miss it at all. The time I'd normally spend watching hockey, managing my NHL Fantasy Team, and joshing with my Canucks friends is being filled with other things. Once the NHL resumes, I'll get back into it right away. I won't even hold much of a grudge.

Take your time NHL & NHLPA. In fact, I wouldn't mind if this dragged on a bit longer so that they lose some more fans and lose the momentum they had. I want NHL revenues to decrease. I want the salary cap to decrease. I want the players to know that they fucked up (the owners fucked up too, but most won't feel it.. and even if they did, we wouldn't know).

So everything is fine.

The only thing that makes me sad is that players - especially the ones I like or like to watch (e.g. Selanne, Crosby, Sedins, Khabibulin lol, Giroux, etc.) - are wasting a year of their already short careers. Such talent is a terrible thing to waste. Can you imagine Gretzky sitting out one of his peak years?

I don't miss it at all, I've been way too busy crying and being bored seeing collegue football. 2012, most fun year ever<3

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

So everything is fine.

That's because you're an Oilers fan, all you lose is AHL-level hockey.

I kid, i kid.

CCF23

Apparently Daly and Fehr met for a long time and left without letting the media know anything. That's exactly how a deal is going to get done. No posturing...Just sit down and hash this fucking thing out. This should've been done in July.

I'm not saying they won't fuck it up yet somehow, but the fact that they had a meeting at length and didn't feel the need to say anything to the media is good news. It means real negotiating has begun.

RC

Banned
Berlin is Germany's Paris. Go to Hamburg. Or smaller towns. You want to be where people are excited to meet tourists, not tired of them.

BTW, did you honestly do this vacation on a whim? I remember you deciding weeks ago that you'd go to Amsterdam. Fucking awesome, if true.

Hamburg huh? If the train's cheap, I'm going there.
The decision to go to Amsterdam and Berlin was completely on a whim. But I knew I had to go somewhere this year.
Amsterdam was amazing and well worth the money. I wish I could say the same about Berlin.
What's your wallet damage so far, Desi?

Lets see, $1400 for the plane ticket, another $600 for the hostels, and $1000 in general spending money. (Which, I'm now out of) Which brings the grand total to $3000 Canadian. And with another week in Europe that number's only going to get bigger. My wallet aches more then my liver.

Hamburg huh? If the train's cheap, I'm going there.
The decision to go to Amsterdam and Berlin was completely on a whim. But I knew I had to go somewhere this year.
Amsterdam was amazing and well worth the money. I wish I could say the same about Berlin.

Lets see, $1400 for the plane ticket, another $600 for the hostels, and $1000 in general spending money. (Which, I'm now out of) Which brings the grand total to $3000 Canadian. And with another week in Europe that number's only going to get bigger. My wallet aches more then my liver.

Wow that is one a hell of an expensive flight ticket. Order way in advance and I´m pretty sure that you can get to Europe for a 1000. Sucks that you didn´t like Berlin, a lot of people I know has been there and enjoyed it.

RC

Banned
Wow that is one a hell of an expensive flight ticket. Order way in advance and I´m pretty sure that you can get to Europe for a 1000. Sucks that you didn´t like Berlin, a lot of people I know has been there and enjoyed it.

I ordered a month in advance. It got pricey because I arrived and will leave from two different cities. I remember getting a round trip ticket to London two years ago for $600.
Only reason I'm not really enjoying this city is because I haven't made any friends here yet. I had a similar experience my first 5 days in Amsterdam, until I switched hostels. Which reminds me, I need to go to another hostel. Something way less hipsterish.

I ordered a month in advance. It got pricey because I arrived and will leave from two different cities. I remember getting a round trip ticket to London two years ago for $600.
Only reason I'm not really enjoying this city is because I haven't made any friends here yet. I had a similar experience my first 5 days in Amsterdam, until I switched hostels. Which reminds me, I need to go to another hostel. Something way less hipsterish.
Yeah that might be a problem in Berlin :)

I hope it works out with finding friends, the biggest hassle with travelling alone, but when it works out. Yeah you are going to have a lot of experiences that you wouldn´t have with people you already knew, so much more adventurous.

Kifimbo

From Bill Daly: ``We had a series of meetings yesterday and exchanged views on the most important issues separating us. .." Cont

.... "We plan to meet again sometime early this week.'' End quote

Source: LeBrun.

Sounds good to me.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Source: LeBrun.

Sounds good to me.

Last-ditch effort at trying to save the season. My guess is they come to an agreement on some things but won't budge on others and eventually give up.

Cake Boss

Banned
"@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Steve Fehr and Bill Daly concluded their meeting around 1 am ET last night"

Bruce's basement must smell like ass and semen right now.

Surge

So everything is fine.

At first I basically said fuck it but now it's getting to me, especially on saturdays with no HNIC. I'm ready to go kidnap Fehr and Bettman and lock them in a room until they hammer out a deal.

ATF487

So everything is fine.

I sort of feel the opposite. The NBA starting made it so much worse, and while I still have the NFL and soccer to follow, there's something nice about the regularity of hockey games. Minus the all star break, you won't go very long without seeing another game.

I also miss Jack Edwards' beautiful voice

RC

Banned
Yeah that might be a problem in Berlin :)

I hope it works out with finding friends, the biggest hassle with travelling alone, but when it works out. Yeah you are going to have a lot of experiences that you wouldn´t have with people you already knew, so much more adventurous.

If I could find a non hipster hostel in Amsterdam, I can find one here. Or at least a hostel with a bar.
True. That's how I got high for the first and last time.
Also the Bode museum in Berlin has a one million dollar, 100kg, gold Canadian coin on display. Way to fuck our economy Harper.

Look at you people with your easy access to lower leagues acting like you don't need hockey at all.

Of course you don't, you have OTHER hockey.

All I've got is fucking... Reddits hockey forum.

I've been violently shaking for 2 months now. I can't feel my legs. I have an amazing emptiness inside me and a growing apathy which can only be cured with...

... dance

They are getting our hopes up again just to crush them.

Also any NHLGaffer's want to help out a fellow NHLGaffer with building new desktop, something I have never done before? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43954831&postcount=3262

I just built a new one last month. Socket 1155 AZRock Z77 pro or similar is the best mobo of this generation, i5 core is good enough. Go the Nvidia 660 if you can afford it, but a 550 is fine.

Socreges

Banned
Look at you people with your easy access to lower leagues acting like you don't need hockey at all.
I swear it's only fans of struggling teams that are OK with the lockout. Or maybe people that just have superior coping skills.

I'm OK with it at this point, but I can't pretend that I wouldn't shit my pants with excitement if the lockout ended tomorrow.

Stasis

I miss the fuck out of it. In fact I'm surprised at just how much I miss it... it really was a bigger part of my life than I thought. I'm still busy with a ton of other shit but I really miss just sitting back and watching a game with a beer, with friends or alone. I miss talking about it with people (being in Montreal means everyone is at least somewhat aware of happenings in the league, so it's great) and even arguing about it. I miss going to a local bar with all my Habs fans friends and rocking my Rangers jersey just to piss people off when they play each other. I miss the daily routine of checking stats, scores, news, highlights as a part of my morning and evening web round-ups. Even playing NHL13 just isn't the same without actual hockey going on. It's like it doesn't matter as much.

*sigh*

Also any NHLGaffer's want to help out a fellow NHLGaffer with building new desktop, something I have never done before? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43954831&postcount=3262

Sure. I build my own and am always in the loop... I've advised/built PC's for many people. I'll send you a PM with my ultimate build at that cost.

with a teenager playing travel hockey I find myself not missing the NHL all that much atm. traveled to Charleston this weekend for three games and squeezed in an ECHL game while we were there. Have also gone to see a couple college games.

CCF23

League and the PA are supposed to meet Tuesday in New York. PA has a conference call for its negotiating committee tomorrow.

Solo

Don't miss it even a bit. Both sides are greedy fucks who I have nothing but contempt for so they can fuck right off. Enjoying not devoting/wasting 250+ hours to it, also. And a year off will benefit the Habs (as well as lots of other teams, of course).

Socreges

Banned
Don't miss it even a bit. Both sides are greedy fucks who I have nothing but contempt for so they can fuck right off. Enjoying not devoting/wasting 250+ hours to it, also. And a year off will benefit the Habs (as well as lots of other teams, of course).
I don't think hockey players have some innate tendency to be greedy, any more than the average person. I do think many are being selfish, but most are either at the mercy of union politics or just too stupid to realize what's going on. And the owners.. are successful capitalists who don't have finite careers... so their lack of urgency has been no surprise.

In short, I hold no more against them than I ever have, although certain players like Toews are no longer among my favourites.

Oh and fuck the free time. I've never been in a poorer position to capitalize on that given a health issue and currently working from home.

Rampage vs Ok Oilers. I decided to try AHL live.....NOPE never again. Feed was a running train wreck . Sound was cutting out, had a buzzing sound most of time, missed a goal because the camera panned to a dancing mascot, 5 mins of the 2nd period were cut, and a stream quality of 1999 webcam.

OK has the most pathetic PK I ever seen and Petrovic and Robak with goals win 2-0 for the Rampage.

CCF23

I remember telling everyone Toews was a whiny cunt way before this lockout mess and no one listened. NO ONE LISTENED.

YA. GRATZ BRUCEY. You are now a law mans of the finest caliber. Get your suit on and go get these monkeys rolling with some arbitrating, willya?

I'm thinking they won't re-sign either... I'm hoping the prospect become hockey Gods and we won't need the twins.

Also congrats, BWG!

They've all been skating together at Anaheim Ice and that's all we've got to go off from them wanting to stick together... Bob Murray is ruining this team.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I don't really miss it. I have lots of other interests to dedicate more time too as well as the holiday onslaught of video games.

Top Bottom