• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

:lol

Rw9H3.jpg

Point is that nothing about Game of Thrones seems low budget. Except for maybe the direwolves.

And I love your logic... the more people that endorse something and encourage you to experience it... the more likely you are to ignore it. I bet you think dentistry and vegetables are a waste, too.

If it is something I already plan on doing, then I will do it anyways, it's more like a pet peeve that I hate when people keep telling me to watch something and what not that I never really planned on watching anyways. I pretty much just tell them that the more they bother me the less I'm going to do it and eventually they just forget all about it. Eh, so it works plus in this case, I just have zero interest in TV shows/productions in general and I don't have Netflix.

I guess I didn't take into account the types of people that would willingly speak to Arab.

jk arab

Leave it to you to have a witty comment, but of course you are replying to me so you are talking to me, success!!! :p

Socreges

Banned
If it is something I already plan on doing, then I will do it anyways, it's more like a pet peeve that I hate when people keep telling me to watch something and what not that I never really planned on watching anyways. I pretty much just tell them that the more they bother me the less I'm going to do it and eventually they just forget all about it. Eh, so it works plus in this case, I just have zero interest in TV shows/productions in general and I don't have Netflix.

Leave it to you to have a witty comment, but of course you are replying to me so you are talking to me, success!!! :p
Ah if it's the same people repeatedly telling you to watch it then I feel you

no longer being in michigan has made the lack of hockey a lot easier to take.

good to see that brunner and zetterberg are tearing it up...can't really read anything into that with the goaltending over there, though.

Acid08

Banned
Point is that nothing about Game of Thrones seems low budget. Except for maybe the direwolves.

And I love your logic... the more people that endorse something and encourage you to experience it... the more likely you are to ignore it. I bet you think dentistry and vegetables are a waste, too.
I have a friend who's somewhat like this. We both read comics and he refuses to read The Walking Dead just because it has become a popular thing that people like. So because his coworkers talk about the show a lot with him he decides that nothing with The Walking Dead name on it is good. He usually doesn't trust something that too many people enjoy, doesn't want to feel like part of the masses I guess? Either way it's stupid.

Besides, only the first 48 issues are really worth reading :p

fallout

My taste is entirely governed and shaped by what other people recommend to me. I don't think I've ever actually discovered something myself.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Speaking of the walking dead, Jesus fucking Christ what an episode last night. This season is making up for the shitacular Season 2, so good so far. Oh and watch Game of Thrones Crazed, it's awesome.

ShaneB

Speaking of the walking dead, Jesus fucking Christ what an episode last night. This season is making up for the shitacular Season 2, so good so far. Oh and watch Game of Thrones Crazed, it's awesome.

Game of Thrones rules. This season of Dexter is back to being awesome, and Walking Dead season 3 is awesome. Basically the only tv I care about usually is on Sunday night.

Red_Man

I stopped watching Dexter after they ruined the show with Season 5, is it worth getting back into? I want to start watching Homeland too, all I hear is good things about it.

Acid08

Banned
I don't watch the show but they're doing the prison story right? That story is by far my favorite part of the comic. I wonder if they're going to take any story stuff from the comic, it gets really, really dark during that arc. Stuff I couldn't possibly see the show staff having the balls to try to get in there.

Red_Man

I don't watch the show but they're doing the prison story right? That story is by far my favorite part of the comic. I wonder if they're going to take any story stuff from the comic, it gets really, really dark during that arc. Stuff I couldn't possibly see the show staff having the balls to try to get in there.
Yea and BIG SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT / PLAN ON WATCHING IT
They've introduced the Governor and his arc, and last night they killed off Laurie which was crazy. They didn't do it like the comics but it was still really surprising and shocking. This is the stuff I expected from the show in Season 2.

ShaneB

I stopped watching Dexter after they ruined the show with Season 5, is it worth getting back into? I want to start watching Homeland too, all I hear is good things about it.

Season 5 and 6 are pretty dreadful, season 5 is completely forgettable, but I thought season 6 had a few neat moments, at least the finale which set up the rollercoaster ride that Season 7 is now on. I definitely feared the worst, but the Dexter thread is pretty much filled with positive reactions now.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

I have been enjoying this season of Dexter and Homeland is one of my favorite shows. GoT is right up there as well.

Socreges

Banned
Walking Dead:

Season 1 was pretty bad, but it showed potential. Season 2 got really cheesy really quickly. Took itself too seriously while being poorly written and acted. I quit after just a few episodes.

Good to hear Season 3 has recovered...? Is that the consensus? Maybe I'll check it out.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I gave up on TWD after the second episode of this season. I don't even know how I lasted that long. I just find it incredibly tedious and I hate ALL of the characters. I read the spoilers from last night and really couldn't care less; I don't think there's anything that could happen that would really make me want to start watching again, though.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I've been told by 2 of my closest friends to watch Walking Dead the last few years and i've slowly been working towards it.

Red_Man

Walking Dead:

Season 1 was pretty bad, but it showed potential. Season 2 got really cheesy really quickly. Took itself too seriously while being poorly written and acted. I quit after just a few episodes.

Good to hear Season 3 has recovered...? Is that the consensus? Maybe I'll check it out.
Season 3 is amazing so far and only 4 episodes in. Completely makes up for Season 2 which was pretty garbage imo, most of gaf seems high on this season as well.

Montresor

Walking Dead:

My opinion, although it isn't popular:

Season 1 is really awesome. Season 2 was boring. Season 3 episode 1 was boring as fuck. But the episodes since then have been great!

I hold Season 1 up on a pedestal. I really love how densely packed it is. It's only six episodes long, and yet they managed to go through so much character development and visit many locales... while in Season 2 they meandered pointlessly over certain locations for way too long.

Walking Dead has the luxury of being so good for whatever medium it's occupying (despite what I say about its 2nd season). The comics are great, the show is great, and the game is glorious.

Acid08

Banned
My opinion, although it isn't popular:

Season 1 is really awesome. Season 2 was boring. Season 3 episode 1 was boring as fuck. But the episodes since then have been great!

I hold Season 1 up on a pedestal. I really love how densely packed it is. It's only six episodes long, and yet they managed to go through so much character development and visit many locales... while in Season 2 they meandered pointlessly over certain locations for way too long.

Walking Dead has the luxury of being so good for whatever medium it's occupying (despite what I say about its 2nd season). The comics are great, the show is great, and the game is glorious.
Imo the comics aren't all that great anymore. They're certainly alright, not bad, but nothing special really. Those first 48 issues are still the peak, really incredible stuff.

Montresor

The maps in Max Payne are soooo good. Too bad the community is so barren. Not many people have bought them. Honestly, if you're not Halo or COD you can fuck right off with making tons of maps paid DLC. You're just throwing money away if there aren't a legion of other like-minded guys paying for the same DLC.

Any other Max Payners here? ;)

WERD.

Someone left season 1 dvd in a free box outside my complex and that started a terrible
awesome
chain of events that have left me with 5 seasons of dvds so far.

So good.

I love you Scully.

Anybody listen to awesome music around here? I currently can't stop listening to Cat Power. Perfect for my current heartsick and forlorn mood. Need hockey back ASAP before I just end it haha.

Top Bottom