• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

RC

Banned
That's why I'm telling you to just do it. I knew you wouldn't know who it is. I do, and they will, too, that's all that matters.

They're one of the biggest soccer clubs in Germany, and a bitter rival of Berlin/everyone else doesn't like them.

Thought Dortmund was the biggest club? They're the ones playing right now.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Thought Dortmund was the biggest club? They're the ones playing right now.

Bayern have 22 season trophies, the second in the ranking is Nuremberg with 9... They also lead in cup trophies (15 vs 5 for the 2nd best) and international trophies (8 vs 3 for the 2nd best)

They're by far the biggest. :p

RC

Banned
Bayern have 22 season trophies, the second in the ranking is Nuremberg with 9... They also lead in cup trophies (15 vs 5 for the 2nd best) and international trophies (8 vs 3 for the 2nd best)

They're by far the biggest. :p

The European in you is showing again.

Socreges

Banned
Is it just me or is twitter (NHL media) conspicuously quiet given what's going on? As if there's a gag order.

Doesn't make me any more optimistic or pessimistic. Just seems strange.

Is it just me or is twitter (NHL media) conspicuously quiet given what's going on? As if there's a gag order.

Doesn't make me any more optimistic or pessimistic. Just seems strange.
It's been pretty quiet (moreso on the PA side) since the Daly-Fehr midnight rendezvous. I think it is some cause of optimism.

The less we hear right now the better, it just means sides are focusing on getting shit done rather than waving their dicks at the media.

Pikma

Banned
Every time I open my subscribed threads I slowly scroll down through them while I cross my fingers hoping to see the title of the thread with the "Lockout" part removed, it's so sad because it happens every day. :(

Silexx

Every time I open my subscribed threads I slowly scroll down through them while I cross my fingers hoping to see the title of the thread with the "Lockout" part removed, it's so sad because it happens every day. :(

I think what folks need to realize is that the PA and NHL won't suddenly come out from a meeting and declare "We've got a deal! Lockout over!" There needs to be an agreement on the framework first and then they'll have to meet again to work out all the kinks. This will involve a bunch of lawyers getting together and do lawyer stuff which could take up to a week or so before the actual deal is put on paper and the lockout is ended.

Socreges

Banned
I think what folks need to realize is that the PA and NHL won't suddenly come out from a meeting and declare "We've got a deal! Lockout over!" There needs to be an agreement on the framework first and then they'll have to meet again to work out all the kinks. This will involve a bunch of lawyers getting together and do lawyer stuff which could take up to a week or so before the actual deal is put on paper and the lockout is ended.
The truth is somewhere in between, I think. They could work out a framework such that they can informally end the lockout and begin preparations for the season while continuing to hammer out the finer details of the new CBA.

Heretic

The truth is somewhere in between, I think. They could work out a framework such that they can informally end the lockout and begin preparations for the season while continuing to hammer out the finer details of the new CBA.

Well this meeting is supposed to go late into the night according to "sources"

Hype?

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!

That's what happened with the NBA. They agreed to terms on the major issues (revenue split, changes to the salary cap) and players were allowed back into team facilities while smaller issues were tackled and lawyers handled the fine print. That's how I'd imagine this ends.

RC

Banned
It's a little surreal to be in a Berlin bar full of people watching the American election. Not what I planned on doing at 1am.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I don't really want an abbreviated season. It just feels gross. Just put it on ice until next fall, guys.

The 2 sides aren't talking, just saying they will meet tomorrow

Goooood

BREAKING NEWS

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

"@reporterchris: False alarm on the end of that CBA meeting. Told now it's still ongoing."// Well, there you go.

The plot thickens

gaming_noob

I'm really curious what Burke is going to do once this is all resolved. Wasn't there a claim from one of the CBC hosts that Burke had another big trade coming after the Schenn for JVR deal?

Solo

I'm really curious what Burke is going to do once this is all resolved. Wasn't there a claim from one of the CBC hosts that Burke had another big trade coming after the Schenn for JVR deal?

Jesus, there hasn't been hockey for so long that I legit forgot my GM's last name. Took me about 30 seconds to remember "Bergevin".

gaming_noob

Gardiner for Luongo.

Hopefully they can dump one of Connolly or Lombardi if Gillis wants Gardiner for Luongo.

Solo said:
Jesus, there hasn't been hockey for so long that I legit forgot my GM's last name. Took me about 30 seconds to remember "Bergevin".

Speaking of the Habs...they've got some really nice additions..especially Galchenyuk. Can't wait!

Silexx

Agreed. I should have added that caveat, in hindsight.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

"They're still meeting! We don't know what they're saying or if it's anything substantive but I sure as heck believe this is a good sign...or maybe it's not we will wait and see since we have no clue what the heck is going on in there"

Pretty much one step away from someone taking a picture of the door that they're behind and having a panel on deciding if the door colour is in some way a concession by whichever side towards a new deal.

Top Bottom