• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Socreges

Banned
"They're still meeting! We don't know what they're saying or if it's anything substantive but I sure as heck believe this is a good sign...or maybe it's not we will wait and see since we have no clue what the heck is going on in there"

Pretty much one step away from someone taking a picture of the door that they're behind and having a panel on deciding if the door colour is in some way a concession by whichever side towards a new deal.
When two sides are far apart and don't believe any ground can be made, meetings are short and they use the media to capture the narrative. When the two sides are close and believe they can iron something out, they meet for hours and bite their tongues.

This could all blow up if there's a sticking point that neither side is willing to budge on, of course. But the long meetings are promising.

Silexx

Anyone think that it's a coincidence that they're holding this meeting during election night? I mean, if they wanted to avoid the media focus on themselves, this is the perfect time to do it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Anyone think that it's a coincidence that they're holding this meeting during election night? I mean, if they wanted to avoid the media focus on themselves, this is the perfect time to do it.

Their "meeting" consists of drunken election night watching together, who says they're negotiating.

fallout

qij0H.png

Cake Boss

Banned
So far so good this day is almost delivering.

1- Halo 4 MP is the funnest since H2
2- CBA negotiations have been going on for 8 hours without anyone storming out.
3- Obama looks like he's in the clear for 4 years.

Was looking forward to waking up tomorrow and finding out that GAF's member list was cut in half from people jumping out of buildings from the election, oh well.

Nice to see my county and the surrounding ones went red like usual and most of the proposals in my state were shot down at least. Unfortunate that I knew it would be Lansing, Ann Arbor, and Detroit pretty much giving Obama the win for Michigan, can't say I'm surprised with that.

Oh well, already kept telling people this was going to happen where in Obama still wins, Dems still control Senate, and Repub's still control the House. But they didn't believe me and had optimism, something most of you know I don't have.

Edit: Funny how Romney may win the popular vote, kinda like 2000 except the parties switched in that area. Kinda wish we would have had a better candidate, might have actually won, but we got Romney instead. :/

Smiley90

Was looking forward to waking up tomorrow and finding out that GAF's member list was cut in half from people jumping out of buildings from the election, oh well.

Nice to see my county and the surrounding ones went red like usual and most of the proposals in my state were shot down at least. Unfortunate that I knew it would be Lansing, Ann Arbor, and Detroit pretty much giving Obama the win for Michigan, can't say I'm surprised with that.

Oh well, already kept telling people this was going to happen where in Obama still wins, Dems still control Senate, and Repub's still control the House. But they didn't believe me and had optimism, something most of you know I don't have.

Edit: Funny how Romney may win the popular vote, kinda like 2000 except the parties switched in that area. Kinda wish we would have had a better candidate, might have actually won, but we got Romney instead. :/

He won't win the popular vote, don't worry, once all the Cali votes come in.

Also, I agree, a better candidate might've given the Repubs a shot, but someone with no real stance on anything who just says whatever he thinks people like to hear should NOT be in charge.

Obama might not be perfect, but he's MILES better than Roney.

Socreges

Banned

FOURMOREYEARS_20121106_231846.jpg

Smiley90

LOL ROMNEY

"I'm not conceding, NEVER". Rove is getting sooo embarassed. FOX taking a studio tour to the backstage decision room "how confident are you in the Ohio call?" "99.95%". Ether everywhere. So glorious.

Colby Armstrong ‏@armdog

Help. Romney has more color on the map but Obama wins due to more seats. Not sure how this works really.

*facepalm*

You are Montreal's problem now

Smiley90

Colby Armstrong ‏@armdog

Help. Romney has more color on the map but Obama wins due to more seats. Not sure how this works really.

*facepalm*

... Holy lol. If you don't know how it works, DON'T TWEET IT LOL. Glorious.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Colby Armstrong ‏@armdog

*facepalm*

LOL

You know, at least in America people really believe that their chosen candidate is Jesus 2.0. Canadians, well, we're never happy with the PM - especially if we didn't vote for him/her - but we're so much less messianic overall.

I think the NHL and PA are close to making a deal. Which means I am that much closer to watching another hilarious Leafs collapse.

Smiley90

You know, at least in America people really believe that their chosen candidate is Jesus 2.0. Canadians, well, we're never happy with the PM - especially if we didn't vote for him/her - but we're so much less messianic overall.

I think the NHL and PA are close to making a deal. Which means I am that much closer to watching another hilarious Leafs collapse.

That's because we don't vote for the PM...?

Trudeau has rockstar potential.

MacAttack

I'm not a huge political person but I think you're off base here. If you're basing it off tv coverage, the people at the HQ have worked for months on the campaign and are more invested than the average American. Most people have a healthy amount skepticism when it comes to politics.

Edit:

Colorado legalized weed! :lol

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
That's because we don't vote for the PM...?
Exactly.

It's a different system up here. The American election is essentially a popularity contest between 2 dudes. Of course each side is going to "pump up the tires" of the 2 men. In Canada, you vote for the party. Also, the US president is obviously more powerful and influential in the world.

That said, there are/were guys like Jack Layton who are/were pretty charismatic..

Smiley90

Exactly.

It's a different system up here. The American election is essentially a popularity contest between 2 dudes. Of course each side is going to "pump up the tires" of the 2 men. In Canada, you vote for the party. Also, the US president is obviously more powerful and influential in the world.

That said, there are/were guys like Jack Layton who are/were pretty charismatic..

Yeah, here you vote for either local guys or for party, but not for MP. Hard to get crazy exciteed for them, when you can't actually vote FOR them.

This night has been crazy good.

1. Obama won
2. Dems won more Senate seats, incl kicking out all the "rape" republicans (and hopefully Bachmann soon, RIGHT MARVIE)
3. Popular Vote also going for Obama
4. FOX news was CRAZY entertaining.
5. Gay Marriage wins EVERYWHERE
6. Weed legalized in Washington State&Colorado, only a matter of time until BC follows with WA legalizing it.

I didn't even get to play Halo4 over my excitement.

Acid08

Banned

Edit: Funny how Romney may win the popular vote, kinda like 2000 except the parties switched in that area. Kinda wish we would have had a better candidate, might have actually won, but we got Romney

instead. :/
The homophobe and woman hater aren't in office! Yay!

Acid08

Banned
It's medical marijuana. You get a doctors note and you're able to grow a certain amount, have a certain amount on you, and go into weed stores to buy you stuff.

I've had my card for a couple years ;P

Edit: Guess I was wrong lol. The federal government is going to throw a shit fit over this.

Smiley90

SNOWBOARDING TRIP IN ASPEN YESSSSSSSS

Seriously, what does that mean? Possession up to a certain amount is totally legal? No permit required? Can't even be confiscated?

The Washington Vote text says:

Initiative Measure No. 502 concerns marijuana.

This measure would license and regulate marijuana production, distribution, and possession for persons over twenty-one; remove state-law criminal and civil penalties for activities that it authorizes; tax marijuana sales; and earmark marijuana-related revenues.

Should this measure be enacted into law?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No

bolded by me. That means, AFAIK, totally legal now, will be handled like tobacco products e.g. Who nows, maybe we'll get Marlboro green soon.

It's medical marijuana. You get a doctors note and you're able to grow a certain amount, have a certain amount on you, and go into weed stores to buy you stuff.

I've had my card for a couple years ;P

Really? Only medical? Or is that only in Colorado?

Top Bottom