• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Socreges

Banned
I'm pulling a crazedarabman. Tons of my friends are urging me to watch it.

In actuality I have a few other series I'd rather watch before it (breaking bad, newsroom).
The AMC TV show is average/bad. I don't trust that it's actually gotten much better in this season.

But we were talking about the video game....

CCF23

The AMC TV show is average/bad. I don't trust that it's actually gotten much better in this season.

But we were talking about the video game....

Season 3 has been by fucking far the best of the three. Season one was decent, season two was incredibly uneven bordering on plain boring for most of the season, and season three has been pretty fucking good so far.

Socreges

Banned
Season 3 has been by fucking far the best of the three. Season one was decent, season two was incredibly uneven bordering on plain boring for most of the season, and season three has been pretty fucking good so far.
Have they replaced the entire cast with better actors? Have the writers finally admitted to themselves that they have no business trying their hand at relationship drama?

Got TWD on Netflix, so I guess I'll go suffer through Season 2 and catch up

Quick

Banned
Any walking dead book readers in here? Shows great but for me nothing beats the comics.

The last handful of issues have been dull as hell. Issue 100 felt...forced? And the aftermath of it since have fallen flat for me, but I continue to read anyway.

I can't sit through season one, knowing the direction they went with it, and I'm hearing plenty of stupidity happening in season 2.

CCF23

Please no one spoil the comics. I've gotten through like 5 or 6 trade issues?

I've read just over half the comic series. Far enough to know what happens next in the show.

I do like how the show changes things up a bit. Not a carbon copy of the comic.

fallout

Have the writers finally admitted to themselves that they have no business trying their hand at relationship drama?
Without this, there's not much point in doing a Walking Dead show.

Note: I've only seen Season 1 and the first couple episodes of Season 2. I did not find them terrible, but just haven't gotten around to watching the rest.

Any walking dead book readers in here? Shows great but for me nothing beats the comics.
I read the hardcovers whenever they come out and still enjoy them.

CCF23

bruce/CCF23, is he wrong?

Maybe. He's probably right about the offers not getting any better, but who knows? The offer got better by waiting past the November 2nd 82 game season date. The NHL came back offering to pay more or all of "make whole". I think there's a bit more of a divide amongst the owners this time then there was last time, so it's hard to say.

Acid08

Banned

Yup!

I think... Acid (?) was an avid comic reader and mentioned it. I distinctively remember there was SOMEONE else.

I sure am!

The last handful of issues have been dull as hell. Issue 100 felt...forced? And the aftermath of it since have fallen flat for me, but I continue to read anyway.

I can't sit through season one, knowing the direction they went with it, and I'm hearing plenty of stupidity happening in season 2.

Honestly, I've thought the comic has been pretty dull as a whole since the prison arc ended. Some good moments but the whole thing is just plodding along.

Please no one spoil the comics. I've gotten through like 5 or 6 trade issues?

I do like how the show changes things up a bit. Not a carbon copy of the comic.

Looking at the first and second season were, they should have just copied the comic. Looking forward to seeing how they take a lot of amazing stuff out of the prison storyline.

Socreges

Banned
Maybe. He's probably right about the offers not getting any better, but who knows? The offer got better by waiting past the November 2nd 82 game season date. The NHL came back offering to pay more or all of "make whole". I think there's a bit more of a divide amongst the owners this time then there was last time, so it's hard to say.
That's only because they're reaching a precipice. The time to compromise is now. At some point, very soon, there is no point salvaging the season. When that happens, the owners go back to square 1 and into their coffers. All concessions are rescinded. The deal gets worse and the owners don't sweat for months.

CCF23

That's only because they're reaching a precipice. The time to compromise is now. At some point, very soon, there is no point salvaging the season. When that happens, the owners go back to square 1 and into their coffers. All concessions are rescinded. The deal gets worse and the owners don't sweat for months.

This is likely the case, yes. It's simple. The owners have more money than the players, thus can out wait them. The players also have very short careers to worry about, so yeah, if the owners want to damage the business even more in the name of "winning" they always will "win" in the end. There's no way the players will ever "out wait" the owners.

I quoted the word winning because I don't feel like either side is winning such a pointless work stoppage. The damage being done will hurt both sides more than if they'd just compromise.

Socreges

Banned
This is likely the case, yes. It's simple. The owners have more money than the players, thus can out wait them. The players also have very short careers to worry about, so yeah, if the owners want to damage the business even more in the name of "winning" they always will win. There's no way the players will ever "out wait" the owners.
Yet the union is telling the players the opposite, that the deal will get better if they wait. If midnight for Fehr is coming up very soon, soon enough to start hockey on December 1st, then I can see what he's doing. But if he's going to stick to his guns into 2013 and hope to "win" next summer, all he's doing (I think) is irreversible damage.

CCF23

Yet the union is telling the players the opposite, that the deal will get better if they wait. If midnight for Fehr is coming up very soon, soon enough to start hockey on December 1st, then I can see what he's doing. But if he's going to stick to his guns into 2013 and hope to "win" next summer, all he's doing (I think) is irreversible damage.

I agree with this post entirely. There's a point where the PA is going to have to take the best deal available to them and start the season. Obviously, they have to posture as if they're prepared to tank a whole season, but if they're actually willing to do it in hopes it'll help their bargaining position, they're going to lose and lose hard. They can't compete with the deep pockets of the owners. Especially when there's 30 owners to keep on the same page, but hundreds of players. The guys making close to minimum salary are going to start putting pressure on.

I think the only part of the TSN crew I don't like is Aaron Ward and that dude that hosts That's Hockey. They're just good, consistent, well-presentable people. Not like Hockeycentral.

Wrong.

Darren Pang is certainly the white choice here.

I can imagine his thought process went something like:

"Try not to sound racist, try not to sound racist, try not to sound racist. FUCK."

Crosby on CBA negotiatons: "...it's not about the money..."

HAHA OH WOW.

We're certainly reaching the point of principles over money. Not that Crosby understands enough to actually believe that.

It's bad enough being inundated with articles about him during the season. I'd almost rather see Fehr's face on TSN than Crosby's at this point.

Without this, there's not much point in doing a Walking Dead show.

Note: I've only seen Season 1 and the first couple episodes of Season 2. I did not find them terrible, but just haven't gotten around to watching the rest.

I read the hardcovers whenever they come out and still enjoy them.

I watched from episode 3 and on (for the second season) in a day and it was fucking awesome. I highly recommend it, plus you can catch up on season 3 after

Wait, do the Oilers realise you don't get a #1 overall NHL pick for losing in the AHL?

Duthie is stupid, not funny and you're all dumb for liking him.

I don't recall Duthie ever being "the funny one"? He's usually the main cornerstone of each broadcast and needs to keep it serious.

Crosby on CBA negotiatons: "...it's not about the money..."

HAHA OH WOW.

Fucking SERIOUS? What sort of joker is he?

27623732.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
AHL scoring leaders:
1. Justin Schultz
2. Jordan Eberle
3. Some scrub
T4. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

Who needs points when you have points?

that "scrub" is Nyquist, for what it's worth.

Also, I still can't stop laughing at how SCHULTZ is leading AHL scoring. A defenseman. With his history. It's just... lol.

AHL scoring leaders:
1. Justin Schultz
2. Jordan Eberle
3. Gustav Nyquist
T4. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

Who needs points when you have points?

Fixed for accuracy on who is a 4th round pick destined to be one of the next Euro Twins who is surrounded by 1st round picks (on the leader board) on a team who had to suck just to acquire those players.

Top Bottom