• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Socreges

Banned
Goon is actually pretty good. Really forces/rushes certain shit, but does a lot well

"If I wanted any lip from you I'd lower my zipper"

Gonna remember that one

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
I was really hyped for GTA4 and wound up pretty disappointed. Trying not to get stuck in the hype for 5. But damn does it look good....

Quick

Banned
GTAIV was good for the most part. In retrospect, it was overhyped, and everyone bough into the hype.

My main problem with it is it took itself too seriously. Mini games just aren't good, and the choices you made weren't executed well.

I like that GTAV is going back (somewhat) to the fun, ridiculous, and vastness of San Andreas.

Revenant

GTAIV was good for the most part. In retrospect, it was overhyped, and everyone bough into the hype.

My main problem with it is it took itself too seriously. Mini games just aren't good, and the choices you made weren't executed well.

I like that GTAV is going back (somewhat) to the fun, ridiculous, and vastness of San Andreas.

BUT TEETTIESSSS COUSIN. BIG AMERICAN TEETTIIEEEEESS

Socreges

Banned
this speech gets me going before hockey. truly inspirational

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MC6z8Q49Fc
Funniest part of the movie. Loved that he knew how many guys were divorced on the other team.

I was really hyped for GTA4 and wound up pretty disappointed. Trying not to get stuck in the hype for 5. But damn does it look good....
Sounds like it's going to fix pretty much everything wrong with IV. Only problem might be the massive scale and how they manage the three protagonists.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Sounds like it's going to fix pretty much everything wrong with IV. Only problem might be the massive scale and how they manage the three protagonists.

Hope the obnoxious cell phone calls "Cousin!! blahblahblah" are gone.

I'm all talk, I know im gonna wind up buying it.

Marvie_3

Banned
GTA V looks amazing at least

We need some NHL-GAF only free roam sessions.

Funniest part of the movie. Loved that he knew how many guys were divorced on the other team.

That's actually the best part of open world games. I don't have to advance the story and I can just wander around and explore for hours on end. Keeps the games from getting stale for me.

I remember laughing my ass off hearing that for the first time.

The GTAV hype makes me want to play IV again. Same with the expansions.
I've been replaying San Andreas. Just got into Las Venturas and started planning the heist. Fucking blows my mind that this game almost 10 years old.

Socreges

Banned
Going through IV right now. Stopped playing at about 55 missions completed not long after it first came out. Picked it up where I left off. I've got the expansions waiting, too (got them for free a while ago) . Sounds like I should skip LaD and go straight to BoGT?

Hope the obnoxious cell phone calls "Cousin!! blahblahblah" are gone.

I'm all talk, I know im gonna wind up buying it.
What do you do when someone you don't want to talk to calls? Don't answer. AFAIK there are no consequences in the game.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
We need some NHL-GAF only free roam sessions.
Very excited for GTA V. NHL-GAF free roam would be sweet.
tumblr_m7r632g6Cv1qksombo1_400.gif

Quick

Banned
My PS2 is still working, but I don't have a copy of San Andreas anymore (I never owned it, but borrowed it for a long time). I'll hold off on buying it again if it comes out on the PS Store sometime soon (it recently just got re-rated).

After playing San Andreas, I couldn't play Vice City anymore because of how much of an upgrade SA was in comparison.

I remember fucking around for a good amount of time before realizing that I could unlock the other cities if I continued the story. Being able to go on the highway, and eventually end up in Las Venturas or San Fierro was pretty awesome.

Marvie_3

Banned
Very excited for GTA V. NHL-GAF free roam would be sweet.
Yeah right. You'll only play closed games like you do with Borderlands 2. >:|

Seriously though, free roam is the most fun I had with both GTA IV and RDR.

Going through IV right now. Stopped playing at about 55 missions completed not long after it first came out. Picked it up where I left off. I've got the expansions waiting, too (got them for free a while ago) . Sounds like I should skip LaD and go straight to BoGT?

What do you do when someone you don't want to talk to calls? Don't answer. AFAIK there are no consequences in the game.
LaD is good so don't skip it.

I think your relationship with them goes down but that's about it. You get special perks from some of them for keeping it high enough though.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The GTA5 trailer has inspired me to try to finish up GTA4 soon. That means I'll play it once tonight and then not again for six months, as is my usual routine. I love most of the game but just hate doing the actual missions. Hopefully they're more fun in the new one.

Red_Man

The GTA5 trailer has inspired me to try to finish up GTA4 soon. That means I'll play it once tonight and then not again for six months, as is my usual routine. I love most of the game but just hate doing the actual missions. Hopefully they're more fun in the new one.
This is my issue too, I've tried replaying 4 a few times, but I always get so bored with the main missions so quickly and stop. 5 looks to up the fun factor quite a bit.

Quick

Banned

You get an achievement/trophy for having 90% or higher friendship level or something. Nothing substantial as far as I'm concerned.

Socreges

Banned
You get an achievement/trophy for having 90% or higher friendship level or something. Nothing substantial as far as I'm concerned.
And what do achievements get me? More cred with some snot-faced teenager?

Honest question. I see guys like Cake Boss and Tabris stressing out over achievements and can't understand why.

Game was perfect up to the bank heist, after that the game repeated itself and the scale of the city compared to interactive areas made it boring.

The expansions have me completely hyped. BoGT was how IV could live up to the hype and V looks like it could be on that same tone.

You can turn off the phone. If you maintain the friendships there are nominal benefits like free cabs, car bombs, and getting two hired guns.

BoGT is the best go for it. LaD is cool but tries too hard for the "gritty biker" stuff and the IQ isn't as good.

Red_Man

We should get some NHL-GAF Halo 4 customs games going seeing as we have no hockey to watch.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'll forever pride myself in 100%-ing San Andreas. Best game of the series. Vice City had the best setting. I thoroughly enjoyed the realism of IV too though, but i'm glad they're doing the 3 protagonists for V, to get the best from all the worlds. I'm hyped.

We should get some NHL-GAF Halo 4 customs games going seeing as we have no hockey to watch.

I'm down. Friday/Saturday evening would be best for me.

Marvie_3

Banned

Honest question. I see guys like Cake Boss and Tabris stressing out over achievements and can't understand why.
It's pretty simple.

Cake boss is 12 so it makes him look cooler to the other junior high kids.

Tabris was neglected as a child so he needs meaningless accomplishments to validate himself.

Quick

Banned

I get to prance around naked in front of my friends, showing them my PlayStation Trophies level and my Xbox Live Gamerscore.

Game was perfect up to the bank heist, after that the game repeated itself and the scale of the city compared to interactive areas made it boring.

The expansions have me completely hyped. BoGT was how IV could live up to the hype and V looks like it could be on that same tone.

Hated the bank heist. Couple the aiming with the annoying cover system, and you get plenty of frustration.

So tempted to bite on Halo 4, but I just got Black Ops 2 and Hitman: Absolution is out next week.

GTA IV was way to repetitive and serious for me to really dig it. I was sick of following a car, waiting till they got out and then killed them good. I can't wait to see the trailer for the new one... It sounds amazing

Revenant

I support this idea.

It's interesting how into it people can get. I've known people who would rent games just for achievements, bad games, kids games, as long as they could get that 1000/1000. I like the idea of achievements, and some of the better designed ones can require you to play the game a certain way or change up things that could add replay value for a game you enjoy, which in my opinion is great. Whatever stretches that dollar. But the obsessing some people do is insane. I've had a 360 since 2005 or 2006 and I've never got a full 1000 in any game.

Merguson

Banned
I have the game but I don't have a mic, since I'm deaf and the mics aren't the best quality.

Of course with the announcer being on steroids and the lobby music.. my chances of actually hearing someone is probably zero.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Schuey would be up for it too, pretty sure Macattack has the game? If we get some more peeps I'm down for games this weekend.

Spectre has the game too and has been asking to play :lol

Milly, Cakeboss, Crazed and Rizzle all have the game too, if I remember. 4v4 or 8player deathmatch sounds like fun?

ShaneB

I have Halo 4 but I haven't played it yet. And I don't have gold anymore, so I'm waiting for that special moment to use the 14 day trial. :p

Top Bottom