• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Jesus Christ this thread is a circle-jerk.

In other news Donald Fehr private eye;

y8HNM.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Does anyone know when Solo gets unbanned? it's been a while for sth so small that we couldn't even tell what it was... lol

Marvie_3

Banned
In this particular circumstance, it's the players. If the whole idea of the meeting was the NHL going "Hey, guys, bring us a proposal for once willya? PLEASE? We'll do some give and take with it and see what progress we can make!" (which they reportedly said) and only to have the players go "WAAA IT'S AN ULTIMATUM! WE'RE NOT GIVING UP OUR OXYGEN FOR ANYONE! PUCK GARY!" is sillybilly stuff!

iELImUjHt7ERi.gif

Merguson

Banned
Just finished it with a friend.

AMAZING!!! Story is really picking up and the missions for this one were top notch. Hopefully they keep this up for the remaining 2 episodes for the season.

There's 10 episodes.. 5 missions each.. for 50 in total..

It seems that the first five are on the disc while the other five will have to be downloaded from Xbox Live..

I think that's how it plays out..

Marvie_3

Banned
NHLers sport anti-Gary Bettman caps during lockout

The name-calling by locked-out NHLers has been taken to a new, but less verbal, level.

According to TVA Sports, Montreal Canadiens players practicing in that city have begun wearing baseball caps that have “Puck Gary” and “2012-13 NHL Lockout” printed on the front. The hats are not endorsed by the NHL Players’ Association, TVA says.

The Montreal Gazette reported Canadiens forward Erik Cole said the lockout hats “might be available to the public, all proceeds to charity.”

The childish statement is the latest salvo fired towards NHL commissioner Gary Bettman and the league’s owners.

Earlier Monday, Florida Panthers forward Kris Versteeg called Bettman and deputy commish Bill Daly “cancers” during an interview on a Toronto radio station. Versteeg added that the two “have been polluting this game for far too long” and should be replaced once the lockout is resolved.

And on the weekend, Detroit Red Wings defenceman Ian White called Bettman “an idiot” who has “done nothing but damage the game.”

1297341368627_ORIGINAL.jpg

Gentlemen, look at these stats in which lockout percent revenue related financial forecasts directly correlate with NBCs new contract year. Now compare it with the NHLPAs counter-bargain assessment for the 2004-2005 lockout and add in some data where Roenick appeared briskfully as an analyst on Ellen. Did anyone else know Bruce Fabjir is currently tearing up the ACHL? He was the fifth cousin to the mailman for Drew Doughtys 2010 career. I heard somebody mention the word rumour? PLEASE DO NOT SAY THAT, it detracts from sensible conversation and data with baseless facts. Who's been listening to quotes from Kovalchuks agent? Who likes ham?

Socreges

Banned
Gentlemen, look at these stats in which lockout percent revenue related financial forecasts directly correlate with NBCs new contract year. Now compare it with the NHLPAs counter-bargain assessment for the 2004-2005 lockout and add in some data where Roenick appeared briskfully as an analyst on Ellen. Did anyone else know Bruce Fabjir is currently tearing up the ACHL? He was the fifth cousin to the mailman for Drew Doughtys 2010 career. I heard somebody mention the word rumour? PLEASE DO NOT SAY THAT, it detracts from sensible conversation and data with baseless facts. Who's been listening to quotes from Kovalchuks agent? Who likes ham?
I dare say I am quite the fan of ham. It is positively scrumptious.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Just reading the ESPN article from the 17th about Fehr shouting down the player who questioned the methods in which the players were getting information makes my blood boil.

Just reading the ESPN article from the 17th about Fehr shouting down the player who questioned the methods in which the players were getting information makes my blood boil.

The PA is pretty much a dictatorship, there's no Trevor Linden to challenge Fehr if they think he's not doing the right things.

The players are all informed with conference calls but there's not a single player who has been at every bargaining session. Think about that, not 1 player directly knows what's been happening since the lockout began, besides accepting what Fehr says.

Heretic

The PA is pretty much a dictatorship, there's no Trevor Linden to challenge Fehr if they think he's not doing the right things.

The players are all informed with conference calls but there's not a single player who has been at every bargaining session. Think about that, not 1 player directly knows what's been happening since the lockout began, besides accepting what Fehr says.

This is not true.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Another reason why EA's simulation engine is complete garbage just by looking at those standings and where teams are placed.

For real, in what world is Toronto 8th place at this point in the season?

It's obvious to everyone at this point we should be one of the top teams in the league awaiting the collapse in a few more weeks.

For real, in what world is Toronto 8th place at this point in the season?

It's obvious to everyone at this point we should be one of the top teams in the league awaiting the collapse in a few more weeks.

:lol, I forgot to check how many games they were into the season, but still the standings look so weird.

Cake Boss

Banned
At least we are getting some proper hockey a month or so from now, the juniors tournament.

I hope Canada has a decent goalie this time around, they should focus more on skill than physicality in their lineup, which never made any sense to me, since its a short tournament and you barely the same team enough times for the physicality to actually matter like in a 7 game playoff series, thats just my theory why Canada has been sucking these past few years at this tournament, and also we haven't had a decent goalie since Price and Fleury.

fallout

At least we are getting some proper hockey a month or so from now, the juniors tournament.

I hope Canada has a decent goalie this time around, they should focus more on skill than physicality in their lineup, which never made any sense to me, since its a short tournament and you barely the same team enough times for the physicality to actually matter like in a 7 game playoff series, thats just my theory why Canada has been sucking these past few years at this tournament, and also we haven't had a decent goalie since Price and Fleury.
Since Price, they've won 2 Gold, 2 Silvers and a Bronze. That's not really sucking. Even in the past 3 years, only Sweden has been with them in the Top 4. It's a funny tournament in that a few breakdowns can really turn the tide of a single deciding game. I think that's probably where I agree in that the goalies come in, but when you look at the defensive breakdowns they've had, it's not just them.

2010:
1. USA
2. Canada
3. Sweden
4. Switzerland

2011:
1. Russia
2. Canada
3. USA
4. Sweden

2012:
1. Sweden
2. Russia
3. Canada
4. Finland

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Alright Folks, listen up!

Socreges and myself decided that it would be fun to add a little incentive to win the sought-after virtual Stanley Cup, apart from just fame and glory! Starting this season and retro-active for current league members (that's mainly for you, BigJonsson and Crazed), winners of the Stanley Cup in the NHL 13 GM Connected league will receive a FREE STEAM GAME as a reward! Prizes will vary depending on what's available at the time of winning, but I guarantee it won't be disappointing! The winner will get a choice between 2, 3 games to pick as well, again, all depending upon availability.

Bottom line: Get the Cup, Get Games. Enjoy!

New (or returning) members are more than welcome, signups, trash talk and trade negotiations can be found over here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=486538

EDIT: Shane, they got keys back: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008CA9XB2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Top Bottom