• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Free DotA 2 invites for the winner!

Ha, I'll throw these in extra if wanted, I have 2 or 3 lying around in my inventory anyway. And no, not like that. ;) Initial prices given out to Crazed and BigJonsson, who were the winners of the first two seasons, are a choice between:

Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings DLC
Spec Ops: The Line
Sleeping Dogs

or sth else if all those are crap. We'll see.

Socreges

Banned
Alright Folks, listen up!

Socreges and myself decided that it would be fun to add a little incentive to win the sought-after virtual Stanley Cup, apart from just fame and glory! Starting this season and retro-active for current league members (that's mainly for you, BigJonsson and Crazed), winners of the Stanley Cup in the NHL 13 GM Connected league will receive a FREE STEAM GAME as a reward! Prizes will vary depending on what's available at the time of winning, but I guarantee it won't be disappointing! The winner will get a choice between 2, 3 games to pick as well, again, all depending upon availability.

Bottom line: Get the Cup, Get Games. Enjoy!

New (or returning) members are more than welcome, signups, trash talk and trade negotiations can be found over here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=486538
Credit to Smiley for providing the games and the idea.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
so futurama is pretty funny.

3Xv8e.jpg

Smiley90

Reposting for new page:

Alright Folks, listen up!

Socreges and myself decided that it would be fun to add a little incentive to win the sought-after virtual Stanley Cup, apart from just fame and glory! Starting this season and retro-active for current league members (that's mainly for you, BigJonsson and Crazed), winners of the Stanley Cup in the NHL 13 GM Connected league will receive a FREE STEAM GAME as a reward! Prizes will vary depending on what's available at the time of winning, but I guarantee it won't be disappointing! The winner will get a choice between 2, 3 games to pick as well, again, all depending upon availability.

Bottom line: Get the Cup, Get Games. Enjoy!

New (or returning) members are more than welcome, signups, trash talk and trade negotiations can be found over here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=486538

At least we are getting some proper hockey a month or so from now, the juniors tournament.

I hope Canada has a decent goalie this time around, they should focus more on skill than physicality in their lineup, which never made any sense to me, since its a short tournament and you barely the same team enough times for the physicality to actually matter like in a 7 game playoff series, thats just my theory why Canada has been sucking these past few years at this tournament, and also we haven't had a decent goalie since Price and Fleury.

US has John Gibson, so you're fucked either way.

Cake Boss

Banned
I just remembered we got Subban, we good son. You just worry which players your going to not invite because they are playing in CHL instead of the American college leagues.

Socreges

Banned
Canada's team could potentially be fucking ridiculous at every single position. Any word on guys like Huberdeau, RNH or Murray and if their NHL teams are allowing them?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
FIERCE.

Wonder why he's not playing for Vussia...

And yeah, Subban will lead Canada to the glory fields. Will Jordan Subban be playing too?
He was born in the states and lived there quite a while, and chose to play for you guys, lucky for you ;)

Red_Man

Jordan Subban won't be playing, but an interesting note on his development is everyone says he's better at 17 then PK was at 17. Doesn't mean much, just an interesting note.

Test result news now official:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv26dLnbi9g

Weird, good feeling right now. I feel like my brain needs to be re-calibrated after months of self-induced torture.

Good shit!

Well, he's supposed to be the most talented of the three.

How can people judge this already? What if he does a LaFleur and gets rocked then starts doing coke off strippers while wearing Ed Hardy?

But seriously, I can see if on the scale of progress you can see where they're positioned. If he's better at PK than he was when he was 17 then it's likely he will be.

Except where you do place Malcolm in this? He's the only goalie.

So they've agreed on stuff ?

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs...t--nhlpa-could-deliver-new-proposal-wednesday

The Star has learned that the day free agents are declared is expected to move from July 1 to mid- to late June. The league had proposed opening the market later, on July 10 or even Aug. 1, but moved in the players’ direction. The NHLPA had pushed for the earlier start — June 15, or 48 hours after the Stanley Cup is awarded — with no deals finalized until July 1.

Smiley90

If it gets moved ahead of the entry draft... does that mean draft-day trades are a thing of the past? Or least in the magnitude that we're used to.

Red_Man

Stormin Normin said:
BIG NEWS According to former NHLer Vincent Damphousse says the offer by #NHLPA will be very aggressive tomorrow
Good news I guess. This is from a Montreal media guy, who despite his name seems to be reliable. He called Latendresse signing with Ottawa a couple days before it happened. Seems like this may be one of the last real efforts to save a season at this point.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
If it gets moved ahead of the entry draft... does that mean draft-day trades are a thing of the past? Or least in the magnitude that we're used to.
I'm all for spreading out the Entry Draft and Opening of free agency. They're both exciting events so it makes sense to split them up to "double the fun".

It will be strange, however, to have pending free agents win a Stanley Cup (or lose a final)... and then leave their team and sign on with a new one just a couple days afterwards. Kinda like when Chris Pronger demanded a trade outta Edmonton the day after the Oilers lost Game 7.

Btw. It will be interesting to see the NHLPA's proposal tmrw. Media are "optimistic" and "hopeful" for good news. I think we've heard that about 38 times throughout this shitshow :lol

CCF23

Good news I guess. This is from a Montreal media guy, who despite his name seems to be reliable. He called Latendresse signing with Ottawa a couple days before it happened. Seems like this may be one of the last real efforts to save a season at this point.

If the NHLPA proposes something reasonable on the HRR split end, the NHL will more than likely be more willing to budge on player contracting issues and this whole mess can get resolved. They're fairly close on revenue sharing, they're fairly close on a few of the contracting issues...The big things right now are the HRR split (the players need to lay out a realistic 50/50 plan), and the contracting issues (the owners need to swiftly start to actually negotiate contracting issues once the HRR split is more to their liking).

I don't have much hope. I don't really think either side is all that interested in putting their "best offer" forward yet, so I think this thing drags on another couple weeks to a month at least before we finally get a legitimate push to save the season.

Top Bottom