• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Marvie_3

Banned
Nice. Gotta defend those Hawks.

Now I just need to fill my head with catching up on 15 years of NHL that I've missed out on.

Start hating these players right now:

Bryan Bickell
Corey Crawford
Ray Emery
Michael Frolik
Duncan Keith (only part-time hate need here)
Marcus Kruger
Steve Montador
Johnny Oduya
Viktor Stalberg

Also start hating pretty much any Russian that has ever played for the Blackhawks and almost every Blackhawks player from ~1997-2006. Better get started now because there's a lot of them to hate.

Bryan Bickell - BUT HE HAS A GOOD SHOT, MARVIE!
Corey Crawford - He's starting material! Not a glorified backup!
Ray Emery - :lol
Michael Frolik - Good for the playoffs. Not much else.
Duncan Keith (only part-time hate need here) - What's not to love about slappers into shin pads that end in breakaways?
Marcus Kruger - Undersized forwards are the Hawks' M.O., though.
Steve Montador - time to retire.
Johnny Oduya - He wasn't THAT bad.
Viktor Stalberg - He's good. He just doesn't use his speed or size enough.

Bryan Bickell
Corey Crawford
Ray Emery
Michael Frolik
Duncan Keith (only part-time hate need here)
Marcus Kruger
Steve Montador
Johnny Oduya
Viktor Stalberg

Also start hating pretty much any Russian that has ever played for the Blackhawks and almost every Blackhawks player from ~1997-2006. Better get started now because there's a lot of them to hate.
Racist.

EA needs a new hockey game this year:

khl13_zps4be84333.jpg

Cake Boss

Banned
So Rick Nash thinks the lockout will last the entire NHL season.

No he just wanted an excuse to play somewhere with no pressure.

Notice how all of the NA born players going to Europe have never or never will win a cup. I don't blame the european players going since its one in a lifetime to play in your home country.

Edit: yep and Spezza just went to the Swiss league, Been saying it for years, Ottawa will never win a cup with him as the #1 center.

Cake Boss

Banned
How come I don't see the Mike Richards, Getlafz, the Bergerons, the Toews players rushing to get to Europe? All I see is already highly paid players that don't need the money like Thornton, Nash, Spezza rushing to play in europe, all of them have received flack in their careers for either beings soft and underachieving when it matters the most, the playoffs.

Silexx

How come I don't see the Mike Richards, Getlafz, the Bergerons, the Toews players rushing to get to Europe? All I see is already highly paid players that don't need the money like Thornton, Nash, Spezza rushing to play in europe, all of them have received flack in their careers for either beings soft and underachieving when it matters the most, the playoffs.

Dude, you're really reaching here.

So Rick Nash thinks the lockout will last the entire NHL season.

He's just saying what Fehr wants to him to say. Everything we hear from both sides is PR bullshit.

The difference between the two sides isn't worth losing an entire season for.

Edit: yep and Spezza just went to the Swiss league, Been saying it for years, Ottawa will never win a cup with him as the #1 center.

LOL were you one of those people who wanted Alfie traded years ago as well.

P.S. Spezza is nearly PPG in the postseason, try again.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
He's just saying what Fehr wants to him to say. Everything we hear from both sides is PR bullshit.

The difference between the two sides isn't worth losing an entire season for.

Yeah, it's all money. Once they come to an agreement on how to split HRR, everything falls into place. All that mess about 5 year ELC and arbitration goes away.

It's exactly like the NBA lockout in that respect. The NBA owners talked about how they wanted to change the system and whatever, but once they got the revenue split, the talk about a hard cap and stuff died.

Yeah, it's all money. Once they come to an agreement on how to split HRR, everything falls into place. All that mess about 5 year ELC and arbitration goes away.

It's exactly like the NBA lockout in that respect. The NBA owners talked about how they wanted to change the system and whatever, but once they got the revenue split, the talk about a hard cap and stuff died.

Yeah and Bettman is Stern's protege so he's following the same path. Probably calls him up daily for advice.

I'd take a lost season if it lead to Bettman getting pushed out for someone decent.

Like who ? Bettman does what the owners want, it doesn't really matter who the commissioner is. The big longtime owners like Snider and Jacobs run the show. The rest of the owners simply fall in line.

Acid08

Banned

Thornton is going back, partially, so that his wifes parents can spend time with their grandchild. He met her in Davos during the last lockout and her family is all still there. He also seems to just really want to keep playing. So to sum up my thoughts: you're fucking stupid.

Couture is heading to another Swiss league team, Demers is playing in Finland, and Handzus is playing in Slovakia.

Tough to lump Nash into a "underachieving in the playoffs" crowd when he's only been there once and had 4 points in 4 games.

Yeah, I never got this. Then again, cakeboss.

Cake Boss

Banned
Tough to lump Nash into a "underachieving in the playoffs" crowd when he's only been there once and had 4 points in 4 games.

Oh sorry, should be underachieving in the regular season since he only played 4 playoffs games his entire career so far.

Couture is heading to another Swiss league team, Demers is playing in Finland, and Handzus is playing in Slovakia.

Oh ok so the entire underachieving team in California is going to Europe, nice to know.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So speaking of actual hockey news. The OHL is trying out something in regards to fighting.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrhockey-buzzing-the-net/ontario-hockey-league-cracks-down-needless-fighting-suspensions-165538052.html

The rule is fairly straightforward. A player can have up to 10 fights — altercations where the other player receives an instigator penalty do not count against the total — without directly being suspended for it. Starting with his 11th fight, it's an automatic two-game suspension each time. Starting with his 16th, the player's team will be fined $1,000 each time. (The 'instigator exception' applies throughout.)

Any thoughts?

Flash, Goc, Bergy, Kulikov all to head to Europe.

And the argument for playes being lazy for playing in Europe is stupid. Players have their bodies conditioned for the season. Sitting or even light practice for the season hurts them. I'd rather have them keep in playing shape, ready for the season if it comes.

Like who ? Bettman does what the owners want, it doesn't really matter who the commissioner is. The big longtime owners like Snider and Jacobs run the show. The rest of the owners simply fall in line.

Sometimes I wish Snider wasn't a gigantic asshole.... It cuts both ways though. Totally love that we got two winter classics.

Sometimes I wish Snider wasn't a gigantic asshole.... It cuts both ways though. Totally love that we got two winter classics.

I figure that's why Holmgren throws money around, knowing his boss will get a nice 10-20% player salary cut in an upcoming CBA :)

Then again I think Snider gives a LOT to charity without blowing his own horn so he's not that big of an asshole.

MacAttack

So speaking of actual hockey news. The OHL is trying out something in regards to fighting.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrhockey-buzzing-the-net/ontario-hockey-league-cracks-down-needless-fighting-suspensions-165538052.html

Any thoughts?
Terrible rule. If you want to get rid of fighting in hockey just ban it outright. To say its only allowed a certain number of times per year or else you get suspended is hypocritical.

"Its ok for you to fight in game 5 but in game 72 you're getting suspended."

I like it. You can't really just pull the trigger to eliminate something, need to gradually tighten the rules.

I doubt fighting will ever go away anyway but if they get rid of the staged fighting it will be a huge plus.

ShaneB

Dumb. Will other enforcers take shots at players knowing that the other team won't do anything because it would be Joe Fighter's 13th fight?

Now... it might seem like rocket science, which I know is prevalent in this thread, but the logical thing to do in that situation, is perhaps suspend the players taking shots at players to avoid the whole damn mess!

Top Bottom