• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

bardia

Haven't really been posting here at all during the lockout cause I still had hope there'd be a season, but fuck it, time to cancel the season. Fuck the NHLPA and their demands, lol @ the if the revenue drops their share increases. Go fuck yourselves.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Fuck the NHLPA and the NHL. They both suck. Maybe not equally. But they are both full of fail.
I'm surprised that the NHL shot down today's offer so abruptly. That will only solidify the NHLPA. They should have at least pretended to consider it a bit more.

C'est la vie.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The difference in numbers in the two proposals:

NHL:
55.5%

PA:
56.3%

It's ridiculous how close the numbers are. All the NHL needs to do is bargain out that stupid "player money can never go down" clause. The fact that they reportedly won't budge at ALL on player contracting issues is complete crap. Bargain out the "de-linkage" clause in this player proposal, split up the contracting issues and fucking finish this already.

"The numbers are so close!!!! If you remove everything the NHLPA added"

Socreges

Banned
Fold the NHL.

Everyone goes and plays for the AHL.

The AHL takes over all the NHL arenas.

No AHL CBA exists.

AHL commissioner Harry Duttman locks out players.

AHLPA hires Ronald Weir for hardline negotiations.

2012/13 AHL season is lost.
Now what the fuck do we do, Merguson?

CCF23

"The numbers are so close!!!! If you remove everything the NHLPA added"

Everything? Try one thing.

The league needs to bargain out one thing (the players money can not decrease clause) to make it a fair deal worth working off of and getting something done.

That's the only part of the PA proposal that is in any way, shape, or form out of line and it seems as if the NHL doesn't care. If they did, they'd negotiate off this proposal. They'd say "we'll work off of this without the de-linkage clause".

Fact of the matter is the NHL (and the PA) both have drop dead dates. Nothing is going to get done until the 11th hour on a season and then we'll either see a deal done or both sides will have pissed the other off enough that they'll cut off the nose to spite the face and flush the whole season.

Row

Banned
Oh oh. He'll probably deny it if it's not on camera. Otherwise the other players will HATE him.

He's saying what the majority thinks I'm sure. The average player isn't making millions and now their careers could be pretty short, losing a season means losing a big % of career earnings they will never recoup.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Everything? Try one thing.

The league needs to bargain out one thing (the players money can not decrease clause) to make it a fair deal worth working off of and getting something done.

That's the only part of the PA proposal that is in any way, shape, or form out of line and it seems as if the NHL doesn't care. If they did, they'd negotiate off this proposal. They'd say "we'll work off of this without the de-linkage clause".

Fact of the matter is the NHL (and the PA) both have drop dead dates. Nothing is going to get done until the 11th hour on a season and then we'll either see a deal done or both sides will have pissed the other off enough that they'll cut off the nose to spite the face and flush the whole season.

let's see:

- NHLPA liability for escrow is eliminated from the side letter.

- The Playoff Pool is increased per the NHLPA proposal

- Walk away eliminated

- A Club may not buy out a player who has a cap hit of less than $3 M

- The Upper Limit may not fall below 67.25 M in any year of the agreement. This is half way between the 11/12 Upper Limit (64.3 M) and the 12/13 UL (70.2 M).

- In years two through five of this Agreement, the players' share in dollars may not be less than it was in the previous year.

ESPECIALLY THE BOTTOM TWO

why, you ask?

let's say the following events occur:

-Coyotes move to Quebec City- increasing revenue about $50-100 million
-Hamilton and Seattle gain expansion franchises - increases revenue about $300 million
-NYI moves to brooklyn (already occurring) $50 million?
-Leafs/Habs/Oilers/Flames/Canucks/Jets make playoffs, MASSIVELY INCREASING PLAYOFF REVENUE $75-100 million?
-Due to franchise moves, merchandise sales rocket $50 million?
-Before this happens, the canadian dollar moves to $1.25

So now with those franchise moves and the canadian dollar shift...

that increases the Canadian share from $1.35 billion to $2.25 billion!

American share increases from $2 billion to $2.1 billion

so now we are looking at $4.35 billion revenue! $2.175 billion to players! (more with make whole but whatever! $72.5 million cap! wowzers!

now roll on next year.

Every canadian hockey team sucks ass like every other year but this time in a special way... they lose almost every game they can! rats. But on top of this, the canadian dollar plummets down to 72 cents... not even a low for the last decade.

Canadian money coming in drops down 25% but because of the drop off from the canadian dollar, the money from canadian teams goes down to $972 million!

American teams see a rise in $100 million from the added playoff success of other teams. So now it's $3.1 billion in revenue with $2.175 billion to players no matter what!

70% of HRR in just one year.

Unlikely scenario, sure. But the fact is there is NO PROTECTION.

cap should be at $51.7 million but now teams are paying $20 million more than they should.

or how about this? NHL revenues drop 30% out of the gate due to a rather high rate of of NHL fans that suicided themselves after hearing the NHLPA continuously dole out nonsensical explanations for their middle school quality offers. $2.3 billion revenue.

but cap must be 67.25 million! that means out of that $2.3 billion, owners get 4 million each... to pay for rent, leases, power bills, whatever, coaches, gms, equipment, player hotels, players pedicures, whatever.

Those two are absolutely the cornerstone of the NHLPA proposal because it GUARANTEES money. it's essentially designed to fuck the NHL just like they 5% growth measure. Same shit in a different shell.

That's why NHL will have a hard time peeling those nitwits away, they'll just re-disguise their bullshit in attempt to win PR points, making it seem like they're actually "negotiating"

what did NHL say before this meeting? Must bring a straight HRR split, must bring a linked proposal. What did the NHLPA bring? Neither.

These are bullshit PR games. NHL started off with their BS but then immediately went to work. NHLPA has done fuck all.

Well at least the NHLPA has moved to a similar framework and agreed on a few other things... still progress of sorts ....

This will go down to the wire.

Jeff O'Neill ‏@odognine2
My last tweet was inappropriate. Someone hacked my acct.

LOL

The last bastion of the desperate celebrity - "My account got hacked"

Harrison Mooney ‏@HarrisonMooney
Rather than "someone hacked my account", O'Neill should have gone with "I took an experimental drug." Dr. Jeff O. and Mr. Hyde?

HA HA OH MOONEY!

So hey in good news, I pretty much have all of December and January off because of my work contract finishing this month and moving to Melbourne on Feb 9th.

Figured since I'm going to be able to play games during the 'peak hour' for you guys (midday my time usually) then I'll grab some games you guys are playing and join you all.

Halo 4 is looking like a purchase. Despite my apathy towards the franchise, it's still fun to play MP.

Heretic

So hey in good news, I pretty much have all of December and January off because of my work contract finishing this month and moving to Melbourne on Feb 9th.

Figured since I'm going to be able to play games during the 'peak hour' for you guys (midday my time usually) then I'll grab some games you guys are playing and join you all.

Halo 4 is looking like a purchase. Despite my apathy towards the franchise, it's still fun to play MP.

3rd best purchased you'll be making all year!

Top Bottom