• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So hey in good news, I pretty much have all of December and January off because of my work contract finishing this month and moving to Melbourne on Feb 9th.

Figured since I'm going to be able to play games during the 'peak hour' for you guys (midday my time usually) then I'll grab some games you guys are playing and join you all.

Halo 4 is looking like a purchase. Despite my apathy towards the franchise, it's still fun to play MP.

NHL13? :p

emot-regd08.gif

hay hairtic u not added me 2 xbox yet??????

I intend on doing more MP once EA Canadas servers stop being fucking terrible.

Holy shit I just read the details on Fehr's proposal. Another proposal where it sounds real good at first ( and some progress) but it's almost totally rigged in the NHLPA's favor, another PR stunt combined with their stupid letter to the Canadian gov't ROFL.

Fuck this shit, and these assholes just "want to play" and "help the small market teams" ?

I hope Hamrlik's comment is the start of some common sense among the players.

I totally support them in protecting existing contracts and their rights but this is all about in how they can give themselves guaranteed money and a raise without calling it that.

Marvie_3

Banned
Saw that earlier :'(

It ain't over! It was never over! *insert music from The Notebook* GT: Heretic Soul

Add me, peeps. And if you can please message me your gaf name if it's different from your GT

My gamertag is different than my gaf name. I didn't add you but I just thought you would want to know.

Wait, I just read that fucking ISRAEL AND PALESTINE have come to an agreement WAY BEFORE THE FUCKING NHL AND THE NHLPA CAN.

What the FUCK does that say about our world, huh.

FTGE.

7Shh0.png

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Louis Jean said:
Players I spoke to are unanimous: next offer will NOT come from them #CBA
This + what Bettman has saying about the owners not moving on their deal should put the final nail in the coffin for this season.

This + what Bettman has saying about the owners not moving on their deal should put the final nail in the coffin for this season.

Every time Bettman has said this is our final best offer, he gave a better offer later.

Then again the players will crack before the season is lost, Hamrlik's outburst is just the beginning.

Red_Man

Hamrilk only had 1 year left on his contract and is a fossil already, obviously he's going to cave and get what he can.

Hamrilk only had 1 year left on his contract and is a fossil already, obviously he's going to cave and get what he can.

Lots of players like that. The majority of the players can't afford to lose a year.

Only the Crosby's, Toews, Ovechkin's etc. can afford to sit out and that's who the PA seems to only care about based on their actions so far.

Cake Boss

Banned
LOL you guys need to check out the video on TSN called Disappointing Day, that fat guy from earlier basically breathing down Fehr's neck and his reaction when Fehr talks lol.

Red_Man

What makes you so certain? I asked before and no one gave me an answer.
I agree, I don't think they're cracking anytime soon.

This is Gorges on Hamrilk:

Josh Gorges said:
I think it's a joke that a guy that hasn't made any efforts to be informed, hasn't been on conference calls, hasn't been at any meetings makes a statement like that. It's so far from reality. We're 150% behind Don.

Snowdrift

Cole is all butthurt about the Hamrlik quotes.

From his upstate New York home, where he and his family will spend U.S. Thanksgiving, Cole was fairly bursting to offer his view on the point of view of Hamrlik, who might be hearing a loud ticking of the final year of his Capitals contract.

“I am bent on this one, yeah,” Cole, 34, said Wednesday evening, so angry that for the first minute or two of our conversation he spoke in phrases and half-sentences, stopping to reconstruct his thoughts.

“This (Hamrlik) is one guy out of 700-plus guys (in the NHLPA), this is the one guy who’s actually tried to have conversations with some of the guys we’ve skated with (during the lockout) and they’ve all just been, ‘Hammer, seriously, wake up.’

“For him to come out and say this, it’s the most selfish thing I’ve heard during the lockout. Without a doubt. It’s just disappointing. You’d think the veteran guys are the guys who’d take more pride in what other veteran guys sacrificed in the last lockout, how we all benefited from that as a group. Some guys never played again.

“That’s … I don’t know, for me, and I’m not over 35 or anything, but being an older player, (expletive), I feel grateful to the guys who gave me the opportunity to earn what I’ve earned in this game. Out of that I feel a responsibility, not entitlement. Maybe that’s just the difference between Hamrlik and me.”

Cole wouldn’t hear of Hamrlik’s comments, as reported in English, being the product of dicey translation or remarks that were taken out of context.

“If he (says) that then I wouldn’t believe him,” he said of Hamrlik, “because of the things he’s said previously to the guys who have been in the (barnstorming charity) Tournée des joueurs.

“Because of his conversations with Josh (Habs NHLPA rep Josh Gorges), some of the things he’s said to him in private conversations and Josh has been just like, ‘Is this guy serious?’ We couldn’t believe what his stance was on certain things.

“If he were sitting in a dressing room across from me tonight…” Cole said, the rest of that sentence off the record. “I’d be all over him on the ice. I’m pissed at him. If that’s his opinion, then he should just stay over there (in the Czech Republic).

“As a veteran guy, especially him, he’s been around awhile… other veteran players have sacrificed their careers for the last CBA, missed out on a year, 240 guys never played another game,” Cole continued.

“For me, I don’t look at this lockout and see what I’m not earning as the entitlement to, ‘Let’s get a deal done and let’s get playing.’ I see it as an opportunity to repay an opportunity that was given to me.

“That’s what this is supposed to be about, that’s what makes hockey players different. You sacrifice something for the people coming behind you. That’s where the respect factor comes in. Whoever’s kid is the best kid on your son’s hockey team, you want that kid to have the same opportunity that you’ve had. That’s what it’s about. Hamrlik is unbelievable.”

Source

There is gonna be some salty tears when the hardliners realize how big of a waste of time this lockout was.

Top Bottom