• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

I'm getting back into NFL thanks to the lockout.

Hockey needs to come back. The (football) Jets are just too embarrassing to root for.

sanchez21.gif

Hard to top that.

Since everyone here is always talking about Halo I thought I'd ask this here

Long story short, I might have to get rid of the Xbox I currently have (250gb) and buy a different one. Does the harddrive space really matter? What is it used for? Will I be ok getting the 4gb or will I be kicking myself down the road? I don't store music on it (use my iPod) and if I were to watch videos/movies I would use a flash drive too. I also don't buy a lot of shit on the marketplace.

Is the space mainly for demos, or will I eventually need more than 4gb for saves and mandatory DLC down the road?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Since everyone here is always talking about Halo I thought I'd ask this here

Long story short, I might have to get rid of the Xbox I currently have (250gb) and buy a different one. Does the harddrive space really matter? What is it used for? Will I be ok getting the 4gb or will I be kicking myself down the road? I don't store music on it (use my iPod) and if I were to watch videos/movies I would use a flash drive too. I also don't buy a lot of shit on the marketplace.

Is the space mainly for demos, or will I eventually need more than 4gb for saves and mandatory DLC down the road?

360 supports up to 32GB usb sticks as well.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Federal mediator now involved in NHL/NHLPA labor talks. More to come.

Shit, really? Like a year too late, but finally they're getting serious.

Still not getting my hopes up, burned too
Many times.

CCF23

They desperately needed an impartial voice in the room. This is a huge step.

Excited for neither side to listen to the mediators, though.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Watch mediators call NHLPA demands insane and NHLPA roars away from talks crying for bettmans head on a platter

Wait that's just like every meeting except with mediators

360 supports up to 32GB usb sticks as well.

Lets say I buy a game off of the marketplace or other huge thing (demo, etc), can I store those on the usb drive, or just shit like videos and music? And are these any old usb drives or do they have to be Xbox specific

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Federal mediator now involved in NHL/NHLPA labor talks. More to come.

Stiffy to the max

Smiley90

I like the CFL, but we're reaching a little here calling an 8 team league a "pro" league, even if they do get paid.

Stealth "Toronto has 0 Stanley Cups that count because they were won when the league was smaller" diss?

CCF23

I'm ignorant to the mediation process.

What happens if one side turns down the mediator's decision?

They weren't close enough before.

Pretty sure the mediator doesn't make "decisions", rather, "suggestions" as an impartial 3rd party. It's non binding. The two sides still have to agree, but now they have someone in the room with no stake in the matter telling them how it should be.

Basically the mediators are there to guide the conversation and offer their take on what's fair and what isn't and suggest ways they should be able to get a deal done.

Either side can still up and tell everyone to fuck right off, though.

Smiley90

AFAIK, a mediator doesn't "make" a decision (unlike a judge/jury), he just helps to promote dialogue between the two parties to come to a mutual agreement and gives non-partisan feedback on what's up.

E.g. He tells both parties to stop being dicks, both parties realize they're dicks, everyone's happy and a CBA is signed.

Won't happen though.

EDIT: Brutally beaten with pretty much the same post by CC.

They weren't close enough before.

All non-binding. Pretty sure the mediator doesn't even give a "decision." All the mediation stuff I remember from school made it more about providing a third party perspective and helping to organize a deal so that the two sides didn't have to stand a scream at eachother. You'd be surprised how useful a detached third party can be. Mediators can say things like "Well wouldn't X make sense?" or "Wouldn't Y be a fairly even compromise?" but neither side has to agree with that. Federal mediators also won't come out to the media and say "I think side X are a bunch of douchebags" publicly.

BEATEN....

CCF23

One of the mediators is supposedly on twitter...

Uhhhhhhhhhh

https://twitter.com/GuySerota

"@reporterchris: The NHL and NHLPA met with federal mediators on Feb. 13, 2005. Three days later the season was cancelled."

LOL

They were past the point of no return then anyway. How the fuck would they have started a season near the beginning of March?

Socreges

Banned
Pretty sure the mediator doesn't make "decisions", rather, "suggestions" as an impartial 3rd party. It's non binding. The two sides still have to agree, but now they have someone in the room with no stake in the matter telling them how it should be.

Basically the mediators are there to guide the conversation and offer their take on what's fair and what isn't and suggest ways they should be able to get a deal done.

Either side can still up and tell everyone to fuck right off, though.

AFAIK, a mediator doesn't "make" a decision (unlike a judge/jury), he just helps to promote dialogue between the two parties to come to a mutual agreement and gives non-partisan feedback on what's up.

E.g. He tells both parties to stop being dicks, both parties realize they're dicks, everyone's happy and a CBA is signed.

Won't happen though.

EDIT: Brutally beaten with pretty much the same post by CC.

All non-binding. Pretty sure the mediator doesn't even give a "decision." All the mediation stuff I remember from school made it more about providing a third party perspective and helping to organize a deal so that the two sides didn't have to stand a scream at eachother. You'd be surprised how useful a detached third party can be. Mediators can say things like "Well wouldn't X make sense?" or "Wouldn't Y be a fairly even compromise?" but neither side has to agree with that. Federal mediators also won't come out to the media and say "I think side X are a bunch of douchebags" publicly.
Should have known this, and probably did once.

Thanks.

Yeah, I was totally thinking of "abritrator" instead of "mediator"

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Lets say I buy a game off of the marketplace or other huge thing (demo, etc), can I store those on the usb drive, or just shit like videos and music? And are these any old usb drives or do they have to be Xbox specific

Stiffy to the max

The USB should act like a hard drive. Should be able to use it for games, etc. Any USB should work I think. Just stick it in and format it.

CCF23

Holy shit the mediator nuked his twitter hahahahahaha...There were masturbation jokes and a complete love in for Sarah Silverman.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Watch mediators call NHLPA demands insane and NHLPA roars away from talks crying for bettmans head on a platter

Wait that's just like every meeting except with mediators

This would be amazing.

Well a 3rd party can give both sides a reality check.

At least they're still talking instead of decertification and letting the courts decide.

Top Bottom