• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Montresor

To the gaffers who made 3ds game suggestions. Thanks!

God damn Layton is incredible on the 3ds. The 3d pops very nicely and the puzzles are great. I put 40 hours into and 100%'d it (aside from puzzles 148-150, fuck them).

Is there anyone in this thread who thought we'd be near the end of November with no hope of the season starting any time soon, and with both the Winter Classic and All-Star games cancelled?

Aside from Solo of course.

Marvie_3

Banned

God damn Layton is incredible on the 3ds. The 3d pops very nicely and the puzzles are great. I put 40 hours into and 100%'d it (aside from puzzles 148-150, fuck them).

Is there anyone in this thread who thought we'd be near the end of November with no hope of the season starting any time soon, and with both the Winter Classic and All-Star games cancelled?

Me.

Whats your 3DS friend code?

Montresor

Me.

Whats your 3DS friend code?

3754 6216 4461

Man, I found out my copy of 999 is lost. I was thinking of blasting through that, and then buying the sequel, but I'm satisfied with Super Mario 3D Land for now. Fun game, and I've been on a very lengthy Nintendo hiatus since I beat Super Mario Galaxy back when it came out, so it's like a breath of fresh air.

Yes, the Canucks still haven't won a Stanley Cup.

UxSCu.gif

ShaneB

Tuned out around here.

Stopped reading altogether here.

We're depressed enough with a lockout, no room for more sadness. If you don't like hockey the way it is then go watch lacrosse.

I love hockey. I've loved hockey for the majority of my 30 years I've been alive. I love that it is a physical sport, what I don't love is the amount of stupid players killing each other because they can with body checks that don't need to be given.

I want fighting out of hockey, I don't think that's a outrageous proposition. This idea that "oh it's a part of hockey" is nonsense, be a little more progressive thinking. This isn't baseball where they're afraid to do anything because "oh it's tradition". My initial post was just delving more deeply into the idea of the real reason why players fight, and obviously a reason for that is when these big hits are given.

As Marvie pointed out, the game is progressing, and the role of a "goon" is indeed fading away, but there are still dirty players who could easily be replaced and the game would be better for it. Stiffer penalties are needed, etc, and when the culture changes, hockey will be better for it.

I love MMA, so the idea of a great fight isn't lost on me, but I'm on the side of the fence that can see hockey being a better sport with a few fundamental changes that would certainly fix the root problems of many of my issues.

Man I am rambling on. I'm hungry. How about them steam sales eh?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Me. I've been preaching it since day 1.

MutFox

Banned
Well most of that was depressing,
except for Lisa on Ice, that is probably one of my favorite Simpsons episodes...
Not just because of hockey, but it has some of the most memorable scenes.

Well at least Planetside 2 is awesome... :/
And FREE! :D

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I forgot how exciting these Glendale meetings were.

i am no longer enticed to download WMP to stream it

i just dont want to rage at the lethal doses of stupid

fuck i found another stream

and i log in to hear some idiot "the city is in much better shape with the team than without"

fuck

i want to punch people

oh and all those CUTS FOR A FUCKING HOCKEY TEAM

Marvie_3

Banned
i am no longer enticed to download WMP to stream it

i just dont want to rage at the lethal doses of stupid

fuck i found another stream

and i log in to hear some idiot "the city is in much better shape with the team than without"

fuck

i want to punch people

oh and all those CUTS FOR A FUCKING HOCKEY TEAM
Glendale is fucked either way. It just depends on how deep of a hole they want to dig themselves into.

I love all the people in Coyotes jerseys at the meeting. There's probably more of them at the meeting than you'll see at games. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
lol @ the mayor yelling at people for cheering Jamison

Jamison is so full of shit. :lol

Jamison still won't say who his investors are. :lol :lol :lol Scruggs is laying the wood to him. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Public comments time!

Ken Jones! :D

Yes!! Dying old man throwing out the referendum threat again!

lol @ the lady from Phoenix telling the people of Glendale what to do. "approve this so we can keep the coyotes and glendale profitable" LOL she has no fucking idea what she's talking about.

Green shirt guy may as well go over and blow Jamison. Just read off his entire bio. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Wow, this old guy is ruthless. :lol

Sam Chivara is speaking! :D (he's the guy that beat Joyce Clark in the election)

LOL This old guy is doing some weird one man show. Quacking noises and all. AHAHAHA lame duck comparisons

Another non-Glendale person. "you need an anchor tenant" Bullshit. Talk to KC about that.

Another Phoenix resident. :lol "what if this was your retirement fund" If this was their retirement fund they sure as fuck wouldn't invest it in the Coyotes you dumb cunt

A guy from Tempe in an ugly as old coyotes jersey comparing the coyotes to an ikea store. :lol

LOL @ this guy calling Jamison's group and out of town Coyotes fans "freeloaders". Now comparing them to Mitt Romney. :lol This guy is the best.

Another non-Glendale resident. :lol ahahaa a "professional poker player" This dude knows all about gambling. :lol

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So, the players on P.Kane's team took some "stylish" pictures for their website, and I guess Kane wasn't there when it happened, so...

FSbnN.png

:lololol

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
So, the players on P.Kane's team took some "stylish" pictures for their website, and I guess Kane wasn't there when it happened, so...

FSbnN.png

:lololol

Awesome :lol

Not sure which is funnier. Kane's or the other guys' (especially the emo in the upper right).

calder

It's total bullshit the GCC wouldn't even put my competing offer - a mere 299 million dollars over 20 years - to a vote. The city is so flush they can ignore savings of 21 million bucks apparently. Granted I also refused to consider hiring locally and was simply going to hire GAF hockey thread regs on the cheap to fill out the front office but still, now Tabris is probably *never* going to get to be an NHL GM.

Marvie_3

Banned
LOL @ these coyotes fans verbally sucking off the council members now

"thanks for voting yes and dooming our city to financial ruin!"

Yes! The angry freeloader guy is back! :lol

and now the quacking guy is back. :lol This guy is incredible.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Gonna post this in here because there's no hockey on but for our EASHL club:

ANNOUNCEMENT

We are opening up a roster spot to bring on a Defenseman

if you read the last page or so of this thread you can get the gist of what kind of level club we are:
  • 179 overall in Elite last month
  • 461 overall for NHL13
  • 2 time Elite Playoff Champs
if you are interested in playing along with us and meet the following requirements:

• member of GAF
  • have experience playing EASHL
  • know what you are doing at the defenseman position
  • and will be active (at least a few games a week)
PM Myself, Red_Man, or Milly79 if interested

How's your club doing?

There's this thing called school and a social life. Maybe you've heard of it. Unlikely, but hey.

Not to mention when people do manage to get on, there are kind of a lot of new (and better) games out now.

Edit: Also, his point still stands. Regardless of your completely irrelevant "point".

Top Bottom