• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
There's this thing called school and a social life. Maybe you've heard of it. Unlikely, but hey.

Not to mention when people do manage to get on, there are kind of a lot of new (and better) games out now.

Edit: Also, his point still stands. Regardless of your completely irrelevant "point".
KZ1EW.jpg

You're always good for a laugh.

Did I just walk into some EASHL cock fight?

No. I don't give a fuck at this point. Got other games to play and other things to worry about. Smiley points out hypocrisy, he takes a stupid and irrelevant jab, I explain and he comes back with another shitty post.

Par for course really.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Trying to provide you guys with some entertainment, what else do we have left in this world?

God, I just read the Millhouse wiki article and I literally laughed my ass off the whole time. Easily the best side character in the Simpsons

ShaneB

Man... yesterday's Hockeycentral@Noon is MacLean/Kypreos yelling at its best. I love Doug MacLean.

edit: and now he's calling out Chris Campoli and the insanity that the players think they could play during these discussions with no repercussions. lol

Further proof that the problem isn't player salaries but where the teams are. Throwing water on Dopey's argument that moving teams to places like Quebec and Seattle will just elevate the floor to unmanageable point. Putting teams in competitive markets will make the league less divided among rich and poor teams.

Instead the NHL has gone with a "least common denominator" strategy of bargaining. They should be bargaining for the financial position of about three teams higher than PHX. Then they could move the shit market teams and go forward as a more healthy league.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
]Further proof that the problem isn't player salaries but where the teams are.[/B] Throwing water on Dopey's argument that moving teams to places like Quebec and Seattle will just elevate the floor to unmanageable point. Putting teams in competitive markets will make the league less divided among rich and poor teams.

Instead the NHL has gone with a "least common denominator" strategy of bargaining. They should be bargaining for the financial position of about three teams higher than PHX. Then they could move the shit market teams and go forward as a more healthy league.

Oh really.

Reading that list I'm struggling to find ONE good reason why the league expanded to places like Florida and Phoenix. Get those teams out of there.

I'm also kind of shocked Minnesota lost money.

Well those are just guesses, they don't have access to the NHL books.

Florida is misleading, while the team loses money, owning the team gets ownership most (or all) of the revenue from BB&T Center so they profit off that. I think there's other teams in a similar scenario.

The only teams in real trouble are ones that don't own the arena they play in or have a real shitty lease.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Florida is misleading, while the team loses money, owning the team gets ownership most (or all) of the revenue from BB&T Center so they profit off that. I think there's other teams in a similar scenario.

The only teams in real trouble are ones that don't own the arena they play in or have a real shitty lease.

Ah, that makes sense.

ShaneB

Further proof that the problem isn't player salaries but where the teams are. Throwing water on Dopey's argument that moving teams to places like Quebec and Seattle will just elevate the floor to unmanageable point. Putting teams in competitive markets will make the league less divided among rich and poor teams.

Except that this logic doesn't account for a team like San Jose selling out every home game and still apparently losing 15 million dollars.

Teams shouldn't have to rely on a deep playoff run just to turn a profit if the fanbase is there... especially considering the Leafs rolling in cash and being awful.

Marvie_3

Banned

josZVMQGuR3Jd.jpg

tumblr_mcsnp67iCM1qdntjwo1_250.gif

Strombone ‏@strombone1

Never seen anything like it before!"@SC_DougFarrar: Harbaugh has announced that Kaepernick will start against the Rams.I blame the media.”

Toronto needs Luongo, his tweets would get even more hilarious

Cake Boss

Banned

Uhmmm when a team like Nashville has to pay one of their players $110M when they are only worth $160M, I say player salaries are part of the problem.

Reading that list I'm struggling to find ONE good reason why the league expanded to places like Florida and Phoenix. Get those teams out of there.

I'm also kind of shocked Minnesota lost money.
Florida is a unique market not only for the local fans, but there are plenty of snow birds and transplants that the league has tapped into.

Plus the org has had a decade of terrible management and teams. You look at the mid 90's to about 2002, there were regular sellouts and very high attendence.

This as well.

Edit: If I'm not mistaken SSE has all ad and event revenue from the BB&T center.

CCF23

Summary transcript:

They hit a homerun
They hit a homerun
They hit a homerun
THEY HIT A HOMERUN
THEY HIT A HOMERUN
THEY ALL HIT HOMERUNS
WHO DIDN'T HIT A HOMERUN

Kypreos is bang on about one point...For the players, if they roll over again this CBA, it shows the owners that every time a CBA is up, if there's something they feel they want, they can just lock the players out and eventually they'll crack.

There's way too much disparity between NHL teams.

There's a few filthy rich teams, a bunch of teams in the middle and a couple of dirt poor hobo teams.

Revenue sharing can only do so much, there's no massive TV deal that can pump money into the league that the other sports have (and probably never will).

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I was bored and made a draft lottery simulator for the inevitable using 05 rules.

it's not friendly to non-wide browsers because i don't care.

http://timgur.com/nhl/draft

it's broken

it should always be penguins

every ball

just like the last draft lottery based on 05 rules

There's way too much disparity between NHL teams.

There's a few filthy rich teams, a bunch of teams in the middle and a couple of dirt poor hobo teams.

Revenue sharing can only do so much, there's no massive TV deal that can pump money into the league that the other sports have (and probably never will).

the answer is simple

players get 42 cents of every dollar earned from every team

bam

NHL instant success

Plinko

I was bored and made a draft lottery simulator for the inevitable using 05 rules.

it's not friendly to non-wide browsers because i don't care.

http://timgur.com/nhl/draft

It's 2012, so all balls should be Phoenix. Then, after that #1 pick is chosen, they'll empty the tumbler and refill it with the other balls representing every other team and go from there.

Top Bottom