• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=410435

Detroit Red Wings prospect Riley Sheahan faces charges under Michigan's tougher "super drunk" designation following a traffic stop during which police discovered him clad in a Teletubby costume.

According to a Grand Rapids police report obtained by MLive.com (http://bit.ly/Y0NfXE ), Sheahan twice registered a blood alcohol level of 0.30 per cent following his arrest on Oct. 29. The driving limit is 0.08 per cent and the benchmark for the "super drunk" designation is 0.17 per cent

you can't make this stuff up.

Socreges

Banned
It gets better:

* He was going the wrong way on a one-way street in a 2012 Jeep Wrangler. That’ll get you pulled over pretty consistently.
* He failed two sobriety tests before refusing to blow into the breathalyzer.
* He was wearing a purple Teletubby costume. …Stay with me here.
* The officers thought they pulled over his teammate Brendan Smith because they were shown Smith’s ID, which Sheahan later admitted he carries to get into bars. As in, he must have given that one to them by mistake.

CCF23

BAC of .35 can be fatal to a lot of people. Idiot wasn't far off.

You're going to have a ridiculously hard time standing upright at .30 and this moron decides he's going to drive...Although at .30 it's not a surprise his decision making is destroyed.

Heretic

BAC of .35 can be fatal to a lot of people. Idiot wasn't far off.

A not-so-close friend 3 or 4 years back died of alcohol poisoning. It was new year's day and everyone spent the night at a friend's house cause they were hammered drunk. I think they went to sleep around 2 or 3 in the morning and when they all woke up they saw him purple and dead. Happy New Year everyone!

On topic: Do you guys think this was the reason (lockout) that the Devils didn't give up their draft pick?

Heretic

Wasn't it the 2012 draft pick that they could have given up but didn't?

Yup. Makes me wonder if they knew a lockout was going to happen so they figured they would give this one up cause of their placement in the draft. Unless the draft gets reshuffled and there's a chance they can place higher.

Socreges

Banned
Yup. Makes me wonder if they knew a lockout was going to happen so they figured they would give this one up cause of their placement in the draft. Unless the draft gets reshuffled and there's a chance they can place higher.
But their placement is, at worst, 29th like it was in 2012. And it's much more likely that either there will be a lottery, in which case it's very important to have a 1st rounder, or there will be a season and they'll probably get a much better draft position than 29th.

Cake Boss

Banned
Wow did the TSN.CA video player get shittier over the past week or so? The videos barely load and when they do they buffer every 5 seconds. But the commercials work fucking perfectly with no issues.

Wow did the TSN.CA video player get shittier over the past week or so? The videos barely load and when they do they buffer every 5 seconds. But the commercials work fucking perfectly with no issues.

It's always been shit, I gave up watching videos on their site a long time ago.

Although if you're on Rogers I wouldn't be surprised if they intentionally throttle it so you go to Sportsnet instead.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It's always been shit, I gave up watching videos on their site a long time ago.

Although if you're on Rogers I wouldn't be surprised if they intentionally throttle it so you go to Sportsnet instead.

I have never gone to sportsnet of my own accord. I only go there if someone has a link to it. I don't even know what the site looks like.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

always shit...now I get a notification that it's not available in my country or some shit...though the video always plays afterwards.

It's slow, clunky, shit quality and TSN really dropped the ball on it, but seem to refuse to do anything about it.

Merguson

Banned

I don't remember the last time I used the TSN.ca video player... years ago probably..

I watch the NHL highlights on NHL.com though. Still a crappy video player though.

I wish they still put up their highlights on YouTube. They still do but it's half the length of the highlights they have on NHL.com. Don't know why they did that.

Alucard

Banned
Phoenix is this lockout's version of Pittsburgh. Watch them get MacKinnon.

tumblr_m98x6iiGrP1r5qulq.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Josh Harding diagnosed with multiple sclerosis

Oh wow :/ at 28? Damn.

From the article:

There is “no doubt” in Harding’s mind he can play hockey despite MS.

That's impressive if he keeps going. Hope he can keep it under control :/ MS is a cunt.

EDIT:

fair enough, for some reason thought it was diagnosed later. Doesn't matter, really, sucks either way.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wasn't he one of the names getting tossed around as potential goalie traded bait this past season? If GM's were looking at him, they dodged a bullet. Hope he can keep playing.

Top Bottom