• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Players are far more defensive because they got bent over the last time IMHO.

Far more? Remember that the NHL went nuclear with their first proposal. They could have done a lot to ease the tension by offering a far more reasonable share of HHR to the PA.

Yes I think the league wants a "company union" they can bend over every time the CBA comes up for renewal, unless there's a point where the NHL benefits from negotiating a CBA quickly if that's even possible.
I don't think we can ever see the NHLPA becoming like the MLBPA. Fehr doesn't have much leverage. He can't go on strike and he can't sue the league for collusion. Maybe if we can sue the league successfully for antitrust but that would take years and there's no guarantee they'd win. Do the players really want to lose 2 years to find out ?

I'm not sure what tools Fehr has at this disposal, and I don't think that the NHLPA will become as powerful as the MLBPA either. And yet - some owners clearly are worried that he'll be able to turn the NHLPA into a much more effective organization than it is now.

Lulz, poor Dredger, guy is going to kill himself before this is all over.

Off the top of my head, Dreger is more of a GM/Front Office-side reporter, right? I don't recall him doing much reportage from the player angle even when we had a hockey season to talk about.

MutFox

Banned
Why did this have to happen?

WHY!?!

Is there any place that fans can send hate mail or something?
Or is there a person, if assassinated will make everything better? (Or make people feel better?)

Far more? Remember that the NHL went nuclear with their first proposal. They could have done a lot to ease the tension by offering a far more reasonable share of HHR to the PA.
Eh, hiring Fehr was a signal the PA wanted a fight. Having Kelly would've done more to ease tension. I think it is clear Fehr was hired for this and PA didn't want a smooth negotiation. I think it's funny though that some of the toughest athletes in world are so egregiously offended by a 1st proposal that they don't want to negotiate.

That was a pretty typical opening offer that pretty much advertised that the NHL wants 50/50. Remember that the NBA made the same opening offer. Of course the NHLPA acts all butthurt over it to try and gain sympathy from the masses.

I'm not sure what tools Fehr has at this disposal, and I don't think that the NHLPA will become as powerful as the MLBPA either. And yet - some owners clearly are worried that he'll be able to turn the NHLPA into a much more effective organization than it is now.

Well he's already made it a far more effective union. That's pretty easy to do considering they were in disarray after the last lockout and fired Kelly in the middle of the night. Of course he'll be judged on what kind of deal he can negotiate (if any, maybe it will take a court order to bring hockey back just like in baseball in '94)

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
something clicked today. i won't be renewing my season tickets. that doesn't make me happy or proud, just sad really. fuck the owners. fuck the players.

Row

Banned

I like how the players having 57/43 all these years was ok, but the nhl suggesting the same share for their benefit was them going nuclear

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Are you wearing your monocle?
I found a picture of Smiley from tonight

oCY78.jpg

Shane Doan is on my tv. He's a handsome man.

Very handsome, I saved this pic from the last lockout when Team Canada was having a camp in Calgary to determine who to send to the World Cup in 2004 and he got out-handsomed by some hairy brown guy douchebag with a blowout and crappy facial hair :

vnZhu.jpg

I'm going to make it my goal to have Justin Schultz block me on Twitter.

First shots fired...

Justin Schultz ‏@6Schultz6
Going to see Life of Pi tonight with @RNH_93. Any reviews?

Tony Hawkeye ‏@bedeffs
@6Schultz6 Yeah, it contains a lying douche cunt who fucked over the team who drafted him. No wait, that's your biography I'm thinking of.

I'm at the Honda Center watching... Tennis. Yup. I'm watching tennis at the freaking honda center. :'(

Should wear a Ducks shirt and bring a sign that says "HEEEY THIS ISN'T HOCKEY, WHERE'S HOCKEY!?"

I'm at the Honda Center watching... Tennis. Yup. I'm watching tennis at the freaking honda center. :'(

Better keep a close eye on it has it will be the only thing playing there once the Ducks disappear as the NHL consolidates and starts dropping teams who don't make money after the lockout ends in 3 years. :p

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

First shots fired...

Tony Hawkeye ‏@bedeffs
@6Schultz6 Yeah, it contains a lying douche cunt who fucked over the team who drafted him. No wait, that's your biography I'm thinking of.

Should wear a Ducks shirt and bring a sign that says "HEEEY THIS ISN'T HOCKEY, WHERE'S HOCKEY!?"

LOL. Call him hitler and wander into Cakeboss-territory.

They sold signed luongo pads for 2800 dollars ew. "I didn't see the hole" joke was made. Also, signed Sedin, Linden and Price jerseys.

Yeah, everyone misses hockey, even our auctions are about hockey :(

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

First shots fired...

Tony Hawkeye ‏@bedeffs
Maybe pull a Cake Boss and call him Hitler

Edit: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu Smiley you're suppose to be at a party not stealing my posts god damn it

Cake Boss

Banned

First shots fired...

Tony Hawkeye ‏@bedeffs

Call him Hitler.They don't like that.

Everything Schultz did was legal under the current CBA, he should be APPLAUDED for the direction he took. Even the great Raymond Bourque said enough is enough and demanded to be traded to a stacked team - J. Schultz chose to go to a team that is rebuilding and having the oppurtunity to play. The opposite of this guy we give praise and praise and put his name up with the greats. The guy was burned by Brad May in a crucial playoff game (this is where my Sabre friends jump in and defend me) and had to sell his soul to the Avs.

Dstrdly, you already saw Pr0ngz lift a Cup in front of our faces and nulify a 5 year NHl contract, dont see why you should have any grief on Jay Schultz.

Socreges

Banned
Everything Schultz did was legal under the current CBA, he should be APPLAUDED for the direction he took. Even the great Raymond Bourque said enough is enough and demanded to be traded to a stacked team - J. Schultz chose to go to a team that is rebuilding and having the oppurtunity to play. The opposite of this guy we give praise and praise and put his name up with the greats. The guy was burned by Brad May in a crucial playoff game (this is where my Sabre friends jump in and defend me) and had to sell his soul to the Avs.

Dstrdly, you already saw Pr0ngz lift a Cup in front of our faces and nulify a 5 year NHl contract, dont see why you should have any grief on Jay Schultz.
Do you seriously not realize how irrelevant both of those examples are? I can't tell. Maybe you're being ironic.

Oh man, so jealous of Heretic right now. I'll let him tell you guys why.

You live in Australia or some shit right? Or on the West Coast and have 2 favorite teams in the 'Nucks and the Ducks? I get alot of the usernames mixed up so pardon my ignorance.

You're not new around here, so please stop acting like you are.

There's absolutely no way in hell you're being serious.

Why bother? The OKC Barons just lost (again) and the kid has cooled off after his hot start; only picked up 2 assists tonight.

Oh only 2 assists.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
If I were a Ducks fan, I'd be pissed about Justin Schultz. Thankfully, I'm an Oilers fan. Unfortunately, I'm an Oilers fan (30th, 30th, 29th).

Socreges

Banned
Best time to be an Oilers fan is during a lockout.

As a Canucks fan, the lockout stings just that much more. The team that won two consecutive President Trophies will, as of June 2013, be one year older and without even getting the opportunity to fail spectacularly in the playoffs.

You're not new around here, so please stop acting like you are.

Lately I've seriously just been browsing here and there so I get the usernames mixed up. I for sure remember Canucks fans from back in the day like Socrages, Mike Works, olimario, bishoptl, Amir0x etc.

J. Schultz hasnt proved anything at the NHL level, no need to be so angry towards us guys on Neogaf that watch and enjoy him.

Acid08

Banned
Lately I've seriously just been browsing here and there so I get the usernames mixed up. I for sure remember Canucks fans from back in the day like Socrages, Mike Works, olimario, bishoptl, Amir0x etc.

J. Schultz hasnt proved anything at the NHL level, no need to be so angry towards us guys on Neogaf that watch and enjoy him.

should have said scoreges brah

Oh man I just got that

I used to hate you so bad, then you settled down, got a nice gf from the Island and realized how shitty NHL is in real life. It doesn't matter and when you went into the NBA thread and spoke what was on every Canadian's mind like in the middle of last season - more respect. And then Mike Works came in and explained why alot of us weren't posting anymore, it was just a Tabris roast, not even funny, alot of Canuck fans used him as an outlet of their own frustration.

Top Bottom