• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Fei

Everything Schultz did was legal under the current CBA, he should be APPLAUDED for the direction he took. Even the great Raymond Bourque said enough is enough and demanded to be traded to a stacked team - J. Schultz chose to go to a team that is rebuilding and having the oppurtunity to play. The opposite of this guy we give praise and praise and put his name up with the greats. The guy was burned by Brad May in a crucial playoff game (this is where my Sabre friends jump in and defend me) and had to sell his soul to the Avs.

I've only been skimming the thread lately since it's so depressing, but this makes me so glad I did. <3

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/8699191/nhlpa-execs-authorize-10000-stipend-players-source-says

NEW YORK -- The NHLPA executive board has authorized to provide a $10,000 stipend to all players, a source confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com.

The players already have missed four paychecks as a result of the league-imposed lockout.

The NHLPA's next decision will be to respond to the NHL on whether to accept commissioner Gary Bettman's invitation to hold a players/owners-only meeting, with no league or NHLPA staff present. The idea was presented as an alternative option after mediation broke down between the two sides Thursday.

I honestly have no idea what to think here. I could see this for the new guys entering the league but if a veteran actually needs this $10,000 they're a complete idiot.

Quick

Banned
Jake Gardiner is so good

Me anytime Jake Gardiner is on the ice:

iiMM2SYFFj7AV.gif

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Closest I got to an NHL Player, aside from staged autograph signings and such, was Chris Pronger during the year he played with Edmonton. This was during the regular season... before the playoffs, before our run, and before he demanded a trade.

I was ice skating at West Edmonton Mall with my gf. My gf was hosting a bunch of her friends that were visiting from the UK: a group of cougar-ish brits. Pronger was sitting on the benches watching his son and wife skate. I remember his wife had this weird burnt skin fake tan thing going on. His son was pretty cute; he had one of those mini hockey sticks and was playing with a puck.

Anyway, I pointed out to my gf's friends that, "holy shit! that's Chris Pronger! He's like one of the best hockey players in the world!" So the cougars, who probably didn't even know what the NHL was, swarmed Pronger, snapped a few pictures with him, and tried to flirt with him. As we were leaving, I noticed his wife come back to the benches and she looked PISSED.

As you all know, Pronger demanded a trade because his wife didn't like Edmonton...

What if this harmless bit of flirting was the final straw that broke the camel's back? I was the one who pointed him out to her friends. Had Pronger been happier with his domestic life that spring, would he have scored 1 more goal? Prevented one less goal? Helped us win Game 7? HOLY CRAP the Oilers would have won their 6th Stanley Cup if it weren't for me :(

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I feel like this pic might come in handy at some point, once Eklund gets his predictions back on:

RUrfc.jpg

I fucking love this guy!

Side note: HOLY FUCKING SHIT I JUST MET TEEMU SELANNE AT THE TENNIS GAME! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

Buckets, dude. Buckets. I can't believe how down to earth he was. He was in a suite and I waved my phone requesting a pic and he waved me over. Phone was dying but I managed to take one. Didn't want to bug him. After the event was over, I stalk... Er, was coincidentally standing outside his suite and he walked out like nothing and he was walking out next to me... Like fucking nothing! So down to earth. We walked together. I'll be honest, I couldn't muster up the courage to start a conversation. That was awesome...

The more of him to love the better!

I read that wrong.

3b5wm_new1.gif

Man my post last night, what the hell was I thinking? I think I was trolling? I hope so, because the NHL 13 soundtrack fucking blows. All of it. I have it turned off.

Either that or I think I'm fucking losing it

HPDes.gif

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Closest I got to an NHL Player, aside from staged autograph signings and such, was Chris Pronger during the year he played with Edmonton. This was during the regular season... before the playoffs, before our run, and before he demanded a trade.

I was ice skating at West Edmonton Mall with my gf. My gf was hosting a bunch of her friends that were visiting from the UK: a group of cougar-ish brits. Pronger was sitting on the benches watching his son and wife skate. I remember his wife had this weird burnt skin fake tan thing going on. His son was pretty cute; he had one of those mini hockey sticks and was playing with a puck.

Anyway, I pointed out to my gf's friends that, "holy shit! that's Chris Pronger! He's like one of the best hockey players in the world!" So the cougars, who probably didn't even know what the NHL was, swarmed Pronger, snapped a few pictures with him, and tried to flirt with him. As we were leaving, I noticed his wife come back to the benches and she looked PISSED.

As you all know, Pronger demanded a trade because his wife didn't like Edmonton...

What if this harmless bit of flirting was the final straw that broke the camel's back? I was the one who pointed him out to her friends. Had Pronger been happier with his domestic life that spring, would he have scored 1 more goal? Prevented one less goal? Helped us win Game 7? HOLY CRAP the Oilers would have won their 6th Stanley Cup if it weren't for me :(
You are a terrible terrible beautiful person!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
For Hab fans that may not be following prospect hockey or Galchenyuk's development at all here's an update:

With his hatty, and 4 points tonight he moves into 3rd in OHL scoring after missing a full year, and being a year younger then all those ahead of them. Also tied with Grigorenko in points on a shittier team in a better league. He's also currently at a better PPG then Yakupov was last year, and this is after having a slow start. He's doing incredibly well, and it will be exciting to see him play in the WJC with great teammates and against the best competition.

RC

Banned
This is from It's Always Sunny. They're not boning, they're "wrestling". So with context it's not as bad as it seems.

For anyone that just wanked off to Selanne plowing Heretic from behind, I'm sorry that the next time now won't be as exciting.

Way to ruin it.

Top Bottom