• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Heretic

I'm going to make it my goal to have Justin Schultz block me on Twitter.

First shots fired...

Justin Schultz ‏@6Schultz6
Going to see Life of Pi tonight with @RNH_93. Any reviews?

Tony Hawkeye ‏@bedeffs
@6Schultz6 Yeah, it contains a lying douche cunt who fucked over the team who drafted him. No wait, that's your biography I'm thinking of.

Should wear a Ducks shirt and bring a sign that says "HEEEY THIS ISN'T HOCKEY, WHERE'S HOCKEY!?"
I fucking love this guy!

Side note: HOLY FUCKING SHIT I JUST MET TEEMU SELANNE AT THE TENNIS GAME! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

Heretic

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=502189

At least fortunateson is back to entertain us, hopefully he graces us with his presence before he gets banned again.

How bad did you cream your pants? That's pretty awesome.
Buckets, dude. Buckets. I can't believe how down to earth he was. He was in a suite and I waved my phone requesting a pic and he waved me over. Phone was dying but I managed to take one. Didn't want to bug him. After the event was over, I stalk... Er, was coincidentally standing outside his suite and he walked out like nothing and he was walking out next to me... Like fucking nothing! So down to earth. We walked together. I'll be honest, I couldn't muster up the courage to start a conversation. That was awesome...

Quick

Banned
That's fucking awesome, Heretic.

My (former) NHL player moment was being near Nick Kypreos outside the Rogers Centre at the Jays home opener. A friend and I were sitting at one of the benches by the private suite entrance, and he was by the door talking on the phone. We made brief eye contact, I nudged my friend, and all of a sudden, Kypreos walked by us while still talking on the phone. We didn't give him the satisfaction of acknowledging him.

Heretic

My (former) NHL player moment was being near Nick Kypreos outside the Rogers Centre at the Jays home opener. A friend and I were sitting at one of the benches by the private suite entrance, and he was by the door talking on the phone. We made brief eye contact, I nudged my friend, and all of a sudden, Kypreos walked by us while still talking on the phone. We didn't give him the satisfaction of acknowledging him.

Lol!

Socreges

Banned
I used to hate you so bad, then you settled down, got a nice gf from the Island and realized how shitty NHL is in real life. It doesn't matter and when you went into the NBA thread and spoke what was on every Canadian's mind like in the middle of last season - more respect. And then Mike Works came in and explained why alot of us weren't posting anymore, it was just a Tabris roast, not even funny, alot of Canuck fans used him as an outlet of their own frustration.
About 40% of this post makes sense.

Heretic said:
Buckets, dude. Buckets. I can't believe how down to earth he was. He was in a suite and I waved my phone requesting a pic and he waved me over. Phone was dying but I managed to take one. Didn't want to bug him. After the event was over, I stalk... Er, was coincidentally standing outside his suite and he walked out like nothing and he was walking out next to me... Like fucking nothing! So down to earth. We walked together. I'll be honest, I couldn't muster up the courage to start a conversation. That was awesome...
I bet Teemu was as nervous as you were, man.

i5jO9QKIrPLsh.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Quick and Socreges stepping up for NHL-Gaf, well done gents. Who says this lockout is entirely worthless?!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOCK BOSSED

iT0itS2YcMq32.gif

TTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMMMMMUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Ok, serious face people, who actually left the soundtrack for NHL 13 (IE: one of the worst soundtracks imo) on when they played the game? Give me your impression if you did.

I like:

The new Offspring track; fuck that haters, it's really positive and jumpup. It's not early Offspring, but that's probably a good thing because their earlier shit was angsty for no good reason.

Bro Hymn brostep version: It's the Ducks goal horn. Of course I'm gonna fucking dig it. But apart from that, it's tried to go Dubstep.. not... the other version, where it gets aggressive and stupid ala Skrillex... Brostep...

It - ......... FUCKING WORKS.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

And, well... that's all I liked from it.

But did anyone else enjoy anything from the NHL 13 soundtrack?

oh wow, three people on Facebook have suggested the Anaheim Ducks will no longer exist next year because of teams losing money and the NHL cutting back on teams...

Fuck

You

Lockout

Championship southern/expansion teams like Tampa Bay and Anaheim will ALWAYS exist because they DESERVE to. They EARNED THE RIGHT TO. Fuck your logistics, fuck your attendance, fuck your money, fuck your fuckbag capitalism ways - they are NAMES and CITIES who have EARNED THEIR RIGHT TO BE RELEVANT.

Eugh... pains me to say this but... Nashville are fuckin' good. So are Florida. So are the goddamn... COYOTES. They deserve to exist as franchises (maybe not Phoenix location-wise), but they've earned their accolades.

Go fuck yourselves, NHL.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Don't think I've ever come across an NHL player oddly enough.

I have met or interacted with Raptors and Jays players though.

Raptors:

Back when they first started up we had a player named Carlos Rogers. I was at a track meet in elementary school and he came to watch his niece or something. He ended up playing a game of pick up against me and a few of my friends. He did a 360 dunk and then ran off with all these kids chasing after him.

Jays:

Buddy of mine had a girlfriend who was part of the Jays dance pack and we used to wait for her just outside the Skydome to finish up work. One day Pat Hentgen came out and being my buddy's favourite player of all time he mustered up the courage to yell out to him "you're going to be alright! You're the man!". Hentgen said thanks and gave us a thumbs up.

The next day he announced his retirement and we freaked out when we saw what he said:

http://www.tsn.ca/story/print/?id=92260

TORONTO (CP) - Even in his most dreadful of seasons, Pat Hentgen remains a favourite with fans of the Toronto Blue Jays.
``It's so funny, I'm walking down the street yesterday and someone says `Hang in there man, you're going to be all right!''' said Hentgen. ``And I'm thinking, `If you only knew what I'm going to announce,' He says, `You're going to be all right man! You're the man!'''
Hentgen, however, knew things weren't going to turn around for him and that's why he ended his 14-year major league career on Saturday.

rellix

I saw Jon from Jon & Kate + 8 with his new family at a Thanksgiving buffet thing at a retirement community in Pennsylvania 2 years ago.

My Thanksgivings are the worst.

He added: “I think it’s funny we have Don Fehr on our side. After two years, he seems to get under the owners’ skin."

Not negotiating will do that. I'm still astonished that these fuckers think they're going to come out ahead on this.

Decertification could be the best way for the NHLPA to hammer out a new collective bargaining agreement and play this season.

yaf0hl.jpg

This is going to drag-on and I don't see the season being saved. There's been no advance from either side. Every meeting between both parties have resulted in a stalemate every time they met.

This thread absolutely sucks too. What's up with the halo talk? And heretic met Teemu. That's freaking awesome man! Must have been awesome. Good stuff.

I got a question for nhl-gaf. Is Lindsay Lohan still fuckable?

Marvie_3

Banned
But did anyone else enjoy anything from the NHL 13 soundtrack?
I enjoyed shutting off the music and importing my own.

oh wow, three people on Facebook have suggested the Anaheim Ducks will no longer exist next year because of teams losing money and the NHL cutting back on teams...

Fuck

You

Lockout

Championship southern/expansion teams like Tampa Bay and Anaheim will ALWAYS exist because they DESERVE to. They EARNED THE RIGHT TO. Fuck your logistics, fuck your attendance, fuck your money, fuck your fuckbag capitalism ways - they are NAMES and CITIES who have EARNED THEIR RIGHT TO BE RELEVANT.

Eugh... pains me to say this but... Nashville are fuckin' good. So are Florida. So are the goddamn... COYOTES. They deserve to exist as franchises (maybe not Phoenix location-wise), but they've earned their accolades.

Go fuck yourselves, NHL.
Ducks aren't going anywhere. Settle down, dstrdl.
Decertification = death of the NHL
If the NHLPA wins in court(unlikely) then the league as a whole is done for.

Deadbeat

Banned
I wasnt paying attention to this whole decertification thing but could someone explain to me or point me to a handy guide to explain the outcomes of the NHLPA doing that and the possible ramifications or backfirings that could happen? I hear people saying it would help the equivalent of MAD (including some of you in this thread).

Marvie_3

Banned
I wasnt paying attention to this whole decertification thing but could someone explain to me or point me to a handy guide to explain the outcomes of the NHLPA doing that and the possible ramifications or backfirings that could happen? I hear people saying it would help the equivalent of MAD (including some of you in this thread).
If the players union were to decertify, they could sue the NHL in court for antitrust violations. In the unlikely event they won anything, the lockout would be ruled illegal. Things like the draft, salary cap, etc. would also be gone. On the players side, they lose the protections that the union provides like guaranteed contracts, health benefits, legal services, pensions, travel, etc. Hockey essentially devolves into one gigantic clusterfuck free-for-all. High end teams can buy up all the best players/prospects since there isn't a draft/salary cap. The rest of the teams have to take scraps, can't compete, and swirl down the toilet of financial ruin.

In short, the NHL as a league is fucked.

I got an idea. Let's talk about tipping, circumcision, and/or religion.
lolreligion

Top Bottom