• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Socreges

Banned
Pink shirt but two females. I'm confused. Unless.....
kessel-awkward-o.gif

Surely Kessel could choose a different hair style right? He also seems like someone who should never smile, ever. Too "Hey smell this rag" for me.
More of a "We're faaaaabuloooouuus" smile, imo.

Montresor

God Kessel is ugly, but at least he can play! Also, Kadri is silencing critics a little (as much as you can silence critics playing in the AHL). He was playing like crap early on but he's doing better now. I'm so glad he's still Leaf property, even after all this time. I can't wait to see him make the Leafs one day.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
God Kessel is ugly, but at least he can play! Also, Kadri is silencing critics a little (as much as you can silence critics playing in the AHL). He was playing like crap early on but he's doing better now. I'm so glad he's still Leaf property, even after all this time. I can't wait to see him make the Leafs one day.
Someone has to make up for Colborne's play.

Apparently RNH wants to play in the WJ and Oilers support that, he'll tear it to pieces if he does go.

Kifimbo

Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl
Source,Meeting involving NHL Owners and Players to take place Tuesday with 6 Owners and approximately same number of players. #TSN

I believe it's already been reported elsewhere, but 6 owners are: Jacobs, Edwards, Burkle, Chipman, Vinik, Tannenbaum.

Jacobs = bad. Vinik = Good.

Jacobs = Boston
Edwards = Flames
Burkle = Pittsburgh
Chipman = Winnipeg.
Vinik = TB
Tannenbaum = Leafs

NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly will also be part of the meeting. I believe players to attend the meeting are being selected now.

With Daly and Jacobs in, I'm pessimistic.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Jacobs = bad. Vinik = Good.

Jacobs = Boston
Edwards = Flames
Burkle = Pittsburgh
Chipman = Winnipeg.
Vinik = TB
Tannenbaum = Leafs

With Daly and Jacobs in, I'm pessimistic.

Shouldn't the Winnipeg owner be one of the most Anti-Lockout guy in there? Given he JUST got the franchise.

Kifimbo

Steve Fehr will also be there. Oh well, they can't even try something new without having the same bullies at a meeting.

Merguson

Banned
Jeremy Jacobs is at the meeting?

Write off the season already.

Oh wait, I did that a while ago.

EDIT: I would love for Larry Tanenbaum to speak about how hard it is for the owners to make a lot of money.

Ownership group is pretty diverse at least. Hope its not all superstars sent for the union. I would have liked to see Snider in the owner group too since he the longest tenured owner in the league and is such a crazy right-winger.

Merguson

Banned
Apparently the NHLPA offered to bring back the mediators for the Players-Owners meeting.

The NHL rejected.

Maybe people will stop picking sides. I've stopped picking sides long ago.

ATF487

Apparently the NHLPA offered to bring back the mediators for the Players-Owners meeting.

The NHL rejected.

Maybe people will stop picking sides. I've stopped picking sides long ago.

Yeah, I've posted this before but I really think Fred Durst said it best.

Everything is fucked, everybody sucks.

Cake Boss

Banned
BSNES on a 8 game winning streak after beating the top team in the East. Not bad for the youngest team in the league with the most rookies.

BSNES on a 8 game winning streak after beating the top team in the East. Not bad for the youngest team in the league with the most rookies.

We're doing pretty well. Lehner is doing awesome and even Bishop has his groove back.

Zibanejad seems to be the only major disappointment so far but I had a feeling he'd struggle after the shitty season last year.

Da Costa with the hat trick ? Good shit.

Cake Boss

Banned
Should be 4 goals, he tipped it but they gave him the assist.

I would put Zibby with DaCosta now that he is back, people tend to forget that hes the youngest guy on the team, he would have been still playing in juniors if he was born in NA. a week ago when I checked he was 4th in team scoring but hes been injured this past week or so.

But yeah should have drafted Couts.

Red_Man

At least Alucard has taken up watching wrestling while the rest of us bums continue to follow this circus

Red_Man

double post but uhhhhhhh:

According to Daren Millard as well as Pierre McGuire on TEAM 1040, it will be Kadri and Bozak for Luongo

KESS--erm, KADRI WINS IT IN OVERTIME!!!!!!!

iZogxO8cA0Qit.gif

:(

Alucard

Banned
This is what I assume has been going on in most of the meetings thus far.

Really though, I'm taking the "I don't give a fuck" approach that I think every hockey fan should be taking so that the league realizes people won't just come back in droves once they figure out their contract. Hockey is just a game. The more we show we care, the more the league feels like they can take their time with this and that the fans will be waiting once things start up again. Personally, if we lose the whole season, I'll consider some more time away from hockey...might not watch 'til the playoffs, that sort of thing. This is just annoying.

Red_Man

It would be easier for me to do the same if we didn't have Galcheynuk, and you have to admit it would be hard not to watch Crosby's first full season back. Sucks being so tied to a team, but it makes it that much sweeter when they win.

Alucard

Banned
It would be easier for me to do the same if we didn't have Galcheynuk, and you have to admit it would be hard not to watch Crosby's first full season back. Sucks being so tied to a team, but it makes it that much sweeter when they win.

Yeah. The part that hurts the most as a Pens fan is that Crosby will have lost another season. No telling where his health and conditioning will be when the NHL actually does come back, and I'd want to watch to see him, but I'd also just like to make the statement that I won't shell out money when billionaires and millionaires can't agree on how revenue is shared.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
double post but uhhhhhhh:
:(

Skeptical. At least going by Pierre when he's on 1050 in Toronto he has stated for a while he doesn't know anything regarding where Luongo is going.

This would probably be a bit more credible too if there was a link to the radio interview.

edit: Ha and while looking it up I come across a dumb proposal from the enlightened posters over on HFboards (Canucks). And I quote:

If we don't receive an impact player back then we better get incredible value through a package.

Gillis' offer of : Rielly + Gardiner +Bozak + Frattin seems to agree with that sentiment.

I truly do not care what happens with Kadri. At some point he's gotta show something other than a flash of good play.

edit- He still looks like a kid out there. He's got talent, and is young but he's not going to be given a spot. I may be being harsh, but new guys have come in and shown more than this player that has been coveted by the organization for a while now. Especially for someone like Luongo. That being said, they don't even know what the CBA is going to be.

edit 7- Yeah, i'm being harsh

Socreges

Banned
HFBoards is pretty delevated fair.

And Kadri/Bozak? Why would they want two centers? Unless Kadri plays on the wing now?

Either way, not a fan of either. They're also both free agents come summer. And to have a deal in place before the details of the CBA are known... doesn't really make sense to me.

HFBoards is pretty delevated fair.

And Kadri/Bozak? Why would they want two centers? Unless Kadri plays on the wing now?

Either way, not a fan of either. They're also both free agents come summer. And to have a deal in place before the details of the CBA are known... doesn't really make sense to me.

Kadri has played on the wing pretty much every time the Leafs have called him up, they don't trust him at centre yet

Socreges

Banned
Ah, good to know, thanks.

Still doesn't make any sense. Has anyone actually confirmed that McGuire ever actually said that?

I truly do not care what happens with Kadri. At some point he's gotta show something other than a flash of good play.

edit- He still looks like a kid out there. He's got talent, and is young but he's not going to be given a spot. I may be being harsh, but new guys have come in and shown more than this player that has been coveted by the organization for a while now. Especially for someone like Luongo. That being said, they don't even know what the CBA is going to be.

edit 7- Yeah, i'm being harsh
How is Kadri nothing to get excited about?

Top Bottom