• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

HFBoards is pretty delevated fair.

And Kadri/Bozak? Why would they want two centers? Unless Kadri plays on the wing now?

Either way, not a fan of either. They're also both free agents come summer. And to have a deal in place before the details of the CBA are known... doesn't really make sense to me.

A bust prospect and a glorified 4th liner seems like pretty shitty value for Luongo.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
A bust prospect and a glorified 4th liner seems like pretty shitty value for Luongo.
Keep him and his salary onboard as a back up then. I'd rather have kadri and bozak and get that free cap space than get lolongo.

He's backed you guys into a corner with a Florida only trade.

Socreges

Banned
Keep him and his salary onboard as a back up then. I'd rather have kadri and bozak and get that free cap space than get lolongo.
lol totally. I mean, besides, you guys have still got 1A:

optimus_reim_by_g3v5-d5bu93b.png

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Ah, good to know, thanks.

Still doesn't make any sense. Has anyone actually confirmed that McGuire ever actually said that?

How is Kadri nothing to get excited about?

I was trying to find it last night before I fell asleep and nothing. I forgot though I was going to tweet the Mike Richards show to ask about it since McGuire is on every morning at 7:30am.

As of now I am calling this BS until proven otherwise.

Unlike most I still see great value in Kadri. Burke doesn't seem to like to rush his prospects up unless they show amazing skill right off the bat (Gardiner). Not to compare the two but didn't he also wait a while before bringing Bobby Ryan up as well too? I'm sure Heretic or Dastardly can fill me in on that.

Jacobs = bad. Vinik = Good.

Jacobs = Boston
Edwards = Flames
Burkle = Pittsburgh
Chipman = Winnipeg.
Vinik = TB
Tannenbaum = Leafs

With Daly and Jacobs in, I'm pessimistic.

crap. vinik is the only one from a southern team who can give the angle of the small market team. would have liked to see karmanos there.

Not to compare the two but didn't he also wait a while before bringing Bobby Ryan up as well too? I'm sure Heretic or Dastardly can fill me in on that.

Bobby played out his OHL career then in 08-09 made the roster, but had to go back to the Iowa Chops because of salary cap issues.

How is Kadri nothing to get excited about?

He's worth getting excited about, but he's not a bluechipper like people (including Burke) say he is. Again, I was being harsh because he just turned 22 and Leafs management has been really impatient in the past but he's weak physically (still), has selfish/immature elements to his game that are really exposed in the NHL.

He's shown progression every time they've brought him up, but I guess I expected more from him at this point. Not writing him off because he does have NHL level skills and I don't want to trade him but if he's the piece that can get a #1 goalie here...

That trade leaves the center situation even worse though.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Crosby and Toews will be among group of players in NYC. For me, Toews is key. He's been a consistant no-nonsense hardline guy.

2 of the highest paid players, this won't go well

Crosby and Toews will be among group of players in NYC. For me, Toews is key. He's been a consistant no-nonsense hardline guy.

I wonder how many deaths there will be by the time the meeting is over?

Also: DAMIEN BRUNNER!!! Can't wait until he can suit up and play for us when the lockout is up in three years.

1. Damien Brunner EV Zug ----- 25g, 20+24=44p, +21, 1.76p/g
2. Henrik Zetterberg EV Zug --- 15g, 12+13=25p, +18, 1.67p/g
3. John Tavares Bern ---------- 19g, 11+18=29p, +8, 1.53p/g
4. Tyler Seguin EHC Biel -------- 23g, 22+13=35p, +0, 1.52p/g
5. Linus Omark EV Zug --------- 27g, 11+30=41p, +15, 1.52p/g
6. Patrice Bergeron Lugano ---- 15g, 9+11=20p, +8, 1.33p/g
7. Patrick Kane EHC Biel ------- 11g, 6+7=13p, -5, 1.18p/g
8. Rick Nash Davos ------------ 17g, 12+6=18p, +5, 1.06p/g
9. Logan Couture Geneve ------ 22g, 7+16=23p, +8, 1.05p/g
10. Joe Thornton Davos -------- 24g, 5+18=23p, +7, 0.96p/g
11. Jason Spezza Rapperswil --- 22g, 7+13=20p, -3, 0.91p/g
12. Dustin Brown Zurich -------- 8g, 4+3=7p, +0, 0.88p/g
13. Brooks Laich Kloten -------- 17g, 6+9=15p, +8, 0.88p/g
14. Tyler Ennis Langnau -------- 10g, 3+5=8p, -8, 0,80p/g

ShaneB

It should've been 6 owners making the most money and 6 players making the least amount of money. They want a deal done simply to just be making money, who cares about details!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Not only 2 of the highest players but 2 of the dumbest

fallout

lololololololololololololloloololol Canada

2nd in dman scoring only behind Hamilton while playing on the worst team in juniors doesnt even get you invited.

LOL but whom am I to second guess the bronze medal country.
Maybe they're less concerned about defensive scoring? The only one out of the top 5 that was invited was Hamilton.

But hey, if Canada doesn't win a gold, we can blame their awful performance entirely on their irrational hate for Cody Ceci. If Canada wins gold, it must have been a fluke, despite their irrational hate for Cody Ceci.

lololololololololololololloloololol Canada

2nd in dman scoring only behind Hamilton while playing on the worst team in juniors doesnt even get you invited.

LOL but whom am I to second guess the bronze medal country.

Every year Hockey Canada has to make at least dumb omission and it's usually one from the 67s. I'm surprised Monahan made it.

At least I won't have to watch Visentin in goal this year.

US roster:

Forwards (x15):

Riley Barber
Tyler Biggs
Reid Boucher
Matt DeBlouw
Alex Galchenyuk
John Gaudreau
Rocco Grimaldi
Ryan Hartman
Mario Lucia
J.T. Miller
Stefan Noesen
Danny O'Regan
Blake Pietila
Vincent Trocheck
Jim Vesey

Defense (x9):

Shayne Gostisbehere
Matt Grzlecyk
Seth Jones
Jake McCabe
Connor Murphy
Mike Reilly
Patrick Sieloff
Jacob Trouba
Andy Welinski

Goalies (x3):

John Gibson
Jon Gillies
Garret Sparks

Trocheck and Grimaldi will be good to watch. If Galy and Grimaldi are on the same line it will be very deadly.

Cake Boss

Banned
Maybe they're less concerned about defensive scoring? The only one out of the top 5 that was invited was Hamilton.

But hey, if Canada doesn't win a gold, we can blame their awful performance entirely on their irrational hate for Cody Ceci. If Canada wins gold, it must have been a fluke, despite their irrational hate for Cody Ceci.

Everyone else in that top 5 is already 20 years old and not eligible.

I knew it was a long shot to make the final team, but not even an invite got my jimmies rustled.

They will win the gold solely based on this lockout and RNH, the same guy they snubbed on his draft year and didnt make the final team, a couple of months later he only became a PPG NHL player.

G17

Matt Dumba I know but I can't seem to recognize the player at the beginning of the clip. (definitely not Morgan Rielly)

Bozak had similar points to Ryan Kesler last season with 4 fewer games. Bozak alone would be overpayment for Luongo's horrendous contract.
Bozak played with two PPG players the majority of the season on the top line, and still got his teeth kicked in, in terms of corsi.

Kesler played on a second line with a rotating set of under-performing wingers, while battling injury issues, and still managed to produce positive corsi.

Bozak is redundant since we already have Andrew Ebbett which is essentially the same player, but better defensively, and much much cheaper.

Heretic

Lockout Upside: Things we don't miss about the NHL
Acid said:
Corey Perry
If there's an ultimate upside to this lockout, it's that we don't have to see Corey Perry's stupid face take to the ice six times this year. Perry is one of the dirtiest irritants the league has to offer and the fact that he's the best all-around winger in the Western Conference and seemingly always manages to score crucial goals against the Sharks just makes it worse. If we're lucky, the entire season will be cancelled, Brian Burke will sign Perry as an unrestricted free agent and the Sharks will never have to deal with him again.

Acid didn't really write that. Overall funny article.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
A local reporter here in Boston (Steve Burton on WBZ) claims a source has told him that a deal to save the season will be announced by Wednesday. :lol

A local reporter here in Boston (Steve Burton on WBZ) claims a source has told him that a deal to save the season will be announced by Wednesday. :lol

Joe Yerdon ‏@JoeYerdonPHT
There you go. RT @PatrickCaisse: @JoeYerdonPHT And for what it's worth, Bill Daly just told me that it was completely false. #BurtonNews

Of course it's not like the NHL will come out and admit anything until it's signed.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I hope this reporter is tarred and feathered when it's wrong. I want them publicly shamed.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I'M SO DESPERATE THAT I'M HYPING EVEN THOUGH I KNOW IT WON'T HAPPEN

I'm really not

Top Bottom