• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

MacAttack

A local reporter here in Boston (Steve Burton on WBZ) claims a source has told him that a deal to save the season will be announced by Wednesday. :lol
When I'm looking for breaking hockey news, I always turn to Steve Burton. ;P

I won't believe it until Jack Williams and Joyce Kulhawik can confirm it!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Don't listen to these men. Burton is a brilliant hockey mind. He even broke the news about Philbert Kessel's ball cancer.

Sanjuro

Don't listen to these men. Burton is a brilliant hockey mind. He even broke the news about Philbert Kessel's ball cancer.

Burton isn't even close to a hockey insider. Baseball or Football? Sure, but even then he is late to the game in most instances.

Acid08

Banned
I'm not trusting any positive "reports" no matter who they're from. My resolve has been broken completely, fuck this stupid sport.

Socreges

Banned
I'm not trusting any positive "reports" no matter who they're from. My resolve has been broken completely, fuck this stupid sport.
I hope you tune in after Christmas to see your Junior countrymen and Galchenyuk obliterated by some kids from Canada.

A local reporter here in Boston (Steve Burton on WBZ) claims a source has told him that a deal to save the season will be announced by Wednesday. :lol

Joe Yerdon ‏@JoeYerdonPHT
There you go. RT @PatrickCaisse: @JoeYerdonPHT And for what it's worth, Bill Daly just told me that it was completely false. #BurtonNews

Of course it's not like the NHL will come out and admit anything until it's signed.

1CYoq.jpg

Stop that.

Can't wait to see BASED HUBERDEAU light up the WJC.

This is gonna be one of those seasons where we all become Based Hyperdeau fans.

Not against Gibson he ain't! Actually, I think Gibson is injured...

He is :/ he's also the only Ducks prospect playing on either USA/Can...

(reluctantly) Grimaldi

I'm so happy that you used this.

Lockout Upside: Things we don't miss about the NHL

Acid didn't really write that. Overall funny article.

Atrocious arena music
I'd rather not be bombarded with Top 40 drivel or cookie-cutter hip-hop every time I step into a hockey arena. I realize that might make me sound like some strange combination of a crotchety old grandpa and Brooklyn-dwelling hipster but my ears really don't need to be subjected to sounds as musically diverse yet uniformly awful as LMFAO and 80's cock rock in one sitting. I'm also consistently puzzled by the logic behind song selection. Do the Ducks, Islanders and Flyers realize that their goal song "Bro Hymn," aside from being terrible, is about a guy who died in a car accident and another one who drowned in a beach pier?

Serious? They have a fucking 80s CASIO SYNTH being played at HP Pavillion with their shitty goal song and 'chaaarge' and they choose to fire shots at goddamn BRO HYMN? (One that's ONLY being used by the Ducks)

Heretic

This is gonna be one of those seasons where we all become Based Hyperdeau fans.

He is :/ he's also the only Ducks prospect playing on either USA/Can...

I'm so happy that you used this.

Serious? They have a fucking 80s CASIO SYNTH being played at HP Pavillion with their shitty goal song and 'chaaarge' and they choose to fire shots at goddamn BRO HYMN? (One that's ONLY being used by the Ducks)
Bro Hymn is fucking awesome.

So they have an agreement but they are still meeting tommorow? Makes no sense.

Have the TSN guys commented on it yet? Lebrun?

All the big time hockey tweeters have been silent

On one hand you would expect progress to be made at a "secret" meeting instead of the usual hyped up meeting used by both sides to try and score PR points on each other

On the other hand there is no evidence that there was a meeting.....which means that there wasn't a widespread "leak"

So we really just have to wait and see what happens

So they have an agreement but they are still meeting tommorow? Makes no sense.

Have the TSN guys commented on it yet? Lebrun?
I would love it if were true only for the reaction that all the "big" hockey reporters , with nothing else to cover but the lockout, were scooped by a non-hockey journalist. The face-saving parade would be amazing.

I would love it if were true only for the reaction that all the "big" hockey reporters , with nothing else to cover but the lockout, were scooped by a non-hockey journalist. The face-saving parade would be amazing.

Like when Stephen Brunt had the Jets story and no one believed him but Damien Cox and Bob McCown? :p

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Solo needs to get in here to remind you all how stupid you are for thinking this is a possibility

Michael Grange ‏@michaelgrange

Texted one active player on negotiating committee about Burton report of a pending deal: "News to me. I'm going to bed" #NHL

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Bob MacKenzie said:
Getting a LOT of questions about a Boston-based report suggesting a significant breakthrough/possible deal to end lockout. Here's my take:

If I had info to that effect, I'd have reported it. I don't have that info and I didn't report it. I have no knowledge of any breakthrough.

As of this moment, I don't believe the lockout is any closer to ending than it was, say, on Sunday. We'll see what happens today in NYC.

I try not to be in the business of shooting down someone else's report. I always allow that person may have better info than me. Or not.

So, just to be clear, I'm not saying the Boston report is untrue or not accurate. I'm saying I can't get info to support it. That's all.

Montresor

Guys, last night spent 990 points on the micro DLC in Sleeping Dogs. I'm afraid of admitting this anywhere else on GAF for fear of getting lynched. I just lol'd at all the achievements that popped up the next time I launched the game after buying the DLC.

My rationale, I didn't want to dress in ugly Triad gear all-game long for fear of screwing myself out of level 10 triad. NOPE. Now I get to wear what I want... and that includes this amazing Reservoir Dogs -esque suit.

Guys, last night spent 990 points on the micro DLC in Sleeping Dogs. I'm afraid of admitting this anywhere else on GAF for fear of getting lynched. I just lol'd at all the achievements that popped up the next time I launched the game after buying the DLC.

My rationale, I didn't want to dress in ugly Triad gear all-game long for fear of screwing myself out of level 10 triad. NOPE. Now I get to wear what I want... and that includes this amazing Reservoir Dogs -esque suit.

Well we won't lynch you, but.... nhlgafjudgeyou.jpg

Quick

Banned

Why don't you have a pork bun in your hand?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I'm getting too old for this shit.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. :(

Solo

My only wish is that the PA doesn't decertify. Complete and total clusterfuck if they do. Just cancel the season and get a deal done for next year. I want to see Galchenyuk in Habs red in 2013-2014, goddamnit!

Revenant

well Henrik Sedin sounds optimistic!

“I think from Day 1, this has fallen into what we really thought was going to happen,” he said. “I don’t know if they [owners] think they’re dealing with kids or that we’re stupid or think the fans are stupid. It’s a little mind-boggling when you see what’s coming out of their side. I want to hear a change, that they’re actually going to give us something in return for the things we’ve given them.

“I doubt that may happen [Tuesday], but it’s a start. It’s good to see that there are new owners coming into the meeting, but the bad thing is there are still some of the tight group that has been there since Day 1. That’s a concern.”

Top Bottom