• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Alucard

Banned
Crosby letting everyone gangbang him is the first time everyone on both sides has worked together on something.

Crosby pulled one of these today:

1h5c1ctuuvu7mj64.gif

Woman = NHL.

Marvie_3

Banned
What's Shanahan doing there... was he present at the meetings before? What's his job in all this oO. "Amnesty and lower bans for all players who side with the owners" or what.
Disciplinary matters are probably being discussed as well. They were last time. Makes sense to have him there.

Bettman and Fehr are not in the room. Resume hope.

They probably found a Smash TV arcade cabinet under a tarp in a different room and busted out a roll of quarters.

James van Riemsdyk ‏@JVReemer21

“@BigTyTy87: @JVReemer21 you are not only a fucking flyer, but a fucking faggot. Suck it Philly #letsgopens” you miss the trade bro? #wakeup

LOL

Cake Boss

Banned
@ Richardlabbe: And now rumors of a schedule of about 60 games we get here in NY ... We'll see.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
The whole situation just has sth comical to it.
I think it's because we're getting by-the-minute updates via Twitter (e.g. "the 2 groups have taken a dinner break! They're on a dinner break everyone!").

It's definitely got a Zoolander feel to it.
zoolander-sequel-img.jpg

The last lockout was probably even stupider but there was no Twitter back then.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Meetings done, they're going to meet in the morning. The sense of urgency is nice for once.

Cake Boss

Banned
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Steve Fehr and Bill Daly holding joint press conference although won't say much. Fehr called it maybe best day so far in this process

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Steve Fehr says it was a constructive day in some ways best day they've had. Daly says appreciate efforts of the players. Will meet tomorrow

Both sides will meeting again in morning, Daly said. With same group on each side

HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Fehr and Bill Daly holding joint press conference although won't say much. Fehr called it maybe best day so far in this process

Steve Fehr says it was a constructive day in some ways best day they've had. Daly says appreciate efforts of the players. Will meet tomorrow

Both sides will meeting again in morning, Daly said. With same group on each side

HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Obama's America.

ShaneB

This made me laugh. Tweet from one of my favourite radio personalities.

Greg Brady:
Canadians often use just the one name, "Bettman" like he's Sting or Madonna. I can't tell you how amusing that is to me.

Socreges

Banned
The fact that something hasn't been announced means there's still work to be done meaning there could still be one, two, or several issues that can't be reconciled. Both sides have demonstrated that they're always willing to return to their corners for days/weeks if they're not getting what they want.

Red_Man

They're meeting again tomorrow morning before Bettman's presser, we haven't seen them show this kind of urgency this entire process yet. This is the first time I'm getting cautiously optimistic.

Revenant

Big moment this week...still think they get a deal done. and in before solo "battered wifes"

its not hope I just didn't think this is going to end up in a lost season. certainly still could fall apart though.

Red_Man

So does this mean the Boston guy actually had something? We don't have a deal but this is the most significant progress thus far....

So does this mean the Boston guy actually had something? We don't have a deal but this is the most significant progress thus far....
Too early to tell but this "meeting" was definetly not as billed. It wasn't supposed to a negtiation but a "conversation." I think it is either the Boston dude was privy to a NHL/PA proposal or a self fulfilling prophecy.

Still wait and see though. The fact the same group is meeting again has me intrigued.

Red_Man

Bob MacKenzie said:
Both sides feel for the first time in the process the other side is prepared to deal. Hearing there were "gives" from both sides.
Excellent news, it's not surprising that it seems to be the owners stepping up and pushing this. They want their money.

Red_Man

"I'd be shocked if we didn't have hockey this year" - Pierre LeBrun

Pretty big statement coming from one of the most trustworthy guys in hockey.

CCF23

"I'd be shocked if we didn't have hockey this year" - Pierre LeBrun

Pretty big statement coming from one of the most trustworthy guys in hockey.

I came to post that. FUCK YOU, LEBRUN. I RESPECT YOUR OPINION. STOP TOYING WITH MY EMOTIONS AND LET ME CONTINUE IN MY MISERY.

Heretic

HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HOLD ME, BAKE COSS!!!!!!
Playing with my emotions.

tumblr_mby28lbi871r1mi2lo1_500.jpg

What's up, big perm! I.. I-I mean, Worm!

HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joint season cancellation presser

Top Bottom