• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Solo

"@BroadStBull: Source: Owners plan to stay in NY as many days as it takes to get settlement. #NHL #NHLPA"

Breaking - first photo of owners post lockout:

skeletons.gif

So.... before we go and give this a green light can we get status updates on G and Voracek? I think we should wait to start the season until the world's premiere two-way center is healthy.

So.... before we go and give this a green light can we get status updates on G and Voracek? I think we should wait to start the season until the world's premiere two-way center is healthy.

I heard Giroux is back in Ottawa and skating at the University. I know someone who saw him busting ass at the gym.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So who's on duty to collect all of Solos post for the last 3 months for a crow feast? Please god get this done.

Solo would probably pull them up himself if you really wanted to.

You act as if he, myself or anyone else that are skeptical don't want the season back. I'd love nothing more but from experience we've learned to stop getting so excited everytime these guys talk.

When the NHL comes back
in 2014
I will be there right with you dancing and singing songs.

tldr; I'm on team Solo!

Does it even matter. With those guys Flyers are what the 2nd worst team i the division, and without them they will be the worst.

Solo

Even if a season were to happen, this will be my first season in many years I won't be heading to Montreal for a couple of games. It's not much, but there is one man's protest/show of disgust. Probably won't go next season either unless Galchenyuk is there.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I still dream of a first night of the season where not a single fan utters a cheer or clap for the teams playing. Just dead silence.

Solo

I still dream of a first night of the season where not a single fan utters a cheer or clap for the teams playing. Just dead silence.

I would fucking love this, but it won't happen. At least not in Canada. Montreal fans will boo the shit out of the teams though.

Acid08

Banned
Even if a season were to happen, this will be my first season in many years I won't be heading to Montreal for a couple of games. It's not much, but there is one man's protest/show of disgust. Probably won't go next season either unless Galchenyuk is there.
Quit playin Solo. You'll be there day one, cock in hand and ready to go.

Solo

Quit playin Solo. You'll be there day one, cock in hand and ready to go.

Nope. I'll watch on TV, of course, but I'm not spending a cent on Habs tickets until 2013-2014 at the earliest.

Even if they salvage this season, quite frankly I won't be particularly invested in it. Too much hate for all parties right now.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Fuck I don't think I can even show my displeasure to the Leafs.

• Don't go to games? Cost too much anyways so I rarely go.
  • Don't buy merchandise? Well I don't really anyways.
  • Stop watching games? Doesn't matter the team is owned by Bell and Rogers I am forced to support one of them.

Fuck!

Solo

If they salvage a season, how does it work with prospects in junior? Can they still be brought up for a 9 game (perhaps less due to the shortened season) tryout stint w/o burning off an ELC year? Gally 9 game stint is the only thing short of the Habs winning the Cup or an Eller 30 goal season that could melt my frozen NHL 2012-2013 heart.

Cake Boss

Banned
Depends on the new CBA, I don't see that rule changing since it doesn't seem to be a big of an issue, I could see GMs and coaches asking for more than 9 games to evaluate their players and I could see the players agreeing to it as it would mean that the players would get their NHL check instead of their junior checks.

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
There was talk in BOG of possible NHL schedule IF there's a deal. One team exec said 60 games likely too much but 50-plus possible...

Solo

If a deal does get done, I wonder if the PA agrees to the realignment/playoff format. Which for the record was fucking terrible.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Negotiations between NHL-NHLPA are at such sensitive stage NHL govs weren't even given specifics from yesterday's session at today's BofG.

LOL I wonder how the NHL BofG can be happy if they still know nothing.

Cake Boss

Banned
"@GregThomsonNHL: Important to note that the schedule length is among the discussion at the BOG meeting. Tentative start could be Dec. 20 and play 56 games."

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Nick Cotsonika ‏@cotsonika
Leafs' Larry Tanenbaum: "We're going to continue to talk up until we get a deal." Asked if more clear where sides stand: "Absolutely."

Top Bottom