• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Cake Boss

Banned
That's an annual meeting, has nothing to do what happened on Tuesday, and also the press conference at 1pm has been scheduled for months.

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
With pressure on #NHL and #NHLPA to still get in a 60 game reg season expect some form of proposal and counter proposal by end of day.

Is going yo leave when he hits free agency.

Also

"@ByKevinAllen: Based on a couple of emails, I'm upgrading my status from hopeful to optl the NHL management-labor fight will be settled."

Also Bettman may have cancelled the 1pm conference because of the negotiations.

optl=optional? Not sure how status can be optional. Or is this some weird abbreviation of optimistic?

I don't want to get hyped, but with NFL coming to a close in the next two months, I need some hockey for Feb-June. I can't watch NBA or MLB without wanting to fling myself off my roof.

Cake Boss

Banned

Ah fuck its a proposal, bet you anything that Fehr is going to fuck this whole thing up with another stupid ass proposal that negates all the progress so far. 70-30 percent share, players get paid for 2 seasons and one free exotic animal for each player.

Ah fuck its a proposal, bet you anything that Fehr is going to fuck this whole thing up with another stupid ass proposal that negates all the progress so far. 70-30 percent share, players get paid for 2 seasons and one free exotic animal for each player.

Bryz gets a bear.

calder

After being so irritated and frustrated with the whole process and both stupid sides in this horribly managed negotiation I woke up this morning somewhat optimistic about a resolution. Then as I started getting excited thinking about a *potential* upcoming season I realized that I'll forget all the bad the second a training camp starts and will proceed like nothing ever happened. I'd be the best abused spouse ever. :p

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris
The NHL and NHLPA have requested an adjournement of tomorrow's Quebec Labour Board hearing. They're awaiting a decision..

That's a good sign.

After being so irritated and frustrated with the whole process and both stupid sides in this horribly managed negotiation I woke up this morning somewhat optimistic about a resolution. Then as I started getting excited thinking about a *potential* upcoming season I realized that I'll forget all the bad the second a training camp starts and will proceed like nothing ever happened. I'd be the best abused spouse ever. :p

They need a 10 year deal like the NFL did so we don't have to put up with this shit for another decade.

Merguson

Banned
Source on issues that have divided league & PA (make whole, contractual rights, etc): "They are in a mood and mode to make a deal".

What does that even mean? Obviously they want to make a deal. They were just being assholes about it.

This is from some Montreal reporter btw.

What does that even mean? Obviously they want to make a deal. They were just being assholes about it.

This is from some Montreal reporter btw.

There wasn't going to be any deal made unless the NHL backed off on some of its demands to changes in player UFA eligibility or the 5-year contract limit etc.

Up until yesterday there was no willingness to compromise, now there is.

MacAttack

vintageburton.jpg

The fact that Steve Burton (a football guy) scooped every hockey writer in North America is lol worthy.

MacAttack

Isn't that the guy who said a deal will be reached today?

Not much of a scoop yet unless it happens.

it won't

Heres his quote:

Steve Burton said:
"Today is Day 79 of the NHL lockout. A select group of owners and players are scheduled to meet tomorrow in New York. My sources tell me that an unannounced meeting was held today with a high-ranking official from each side and significant progress was made toward salvaging the hockey season. It's possible that an announcement could come as early as tomorrow or Wednesday."

I'd say based on the progress being discussed today he's already been vindicated.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm starting to get hyped again but under the complete understanding that everything will be crushed once Fehr/Bettman get involved again.

I do find it hilarious that so much is getting done without them in the room, though.

Cake Boss

Banned
Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl
Reason for optimism, NHL plans to relent on player contracting issues.Player contract length still remains important to the league. #TSN

urgh just make it an 7-8 year contract limit.

Merguson

Banned
My concern about these recent "constructive" talks is that we haven't heard much about the revenue split issues.

Other issues such as player contracts seems like a compromise could be made.

EDIT: I guess we'll find out.. eventually..

Solo

Time to celebrate! I am really glad that hockey is back. It will be interesting to see the Flyers try to win games 9-8.

WERE GETTING THE NHL BACK YOU GUYS! OMG! ITS OVER! OMG! OMG!

ugoKd.gif

Cake Boss

Banned
Kyprios said that coaches have started calling players to get ready for camp at the 14th and that Gary wants to get a deal done by Friday.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl
Reason for optimism, NHL plans to relent on player contracting issues.Player contract length still remains important to the league. #TSN

urgh just make it an 7-8 year contract limit.

That and make every contract that breaches 35 years old automatically becomes a 35+ as long as its multi year

Make 35+ contracts apply to 2 year contracts and up... So veterans can still do year to year contracts with ease

Fuck just make that and GMs will be scared to sign anyone that long - add that and remove cap manipulation

Bam

Though I do see their point with the ELC- it artificially inflates young player salaries- it really only forces higher player turnover and hurts the NHL immediately and NHLPA down the road

Merguson

Banned
Tune in Sportsnet for the latest lockout news.

Okay, sure.

They are talking about Doug MacLean's dirty bandage.

Oh okay.

*Turns TV off*

Cake Boss

Banned
They can't directly talk to the players yet unless a deal is tentative. Probably talking to agents.

Yeah that's probably what he meant, plus Crosby has been talking to his owners for 2 weeks now, I don't really think they give a shit about that rule.

"@BroadStBull: Source: Owners plan to stay in NY as many days as it takes to get settlement. #NHL #NHLPA"

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So who's on duty to collect all of Solos post for the last 3 months for a crow feast? Please god get this done.

Top Bottom