• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Well, looks like no matter what there's gonna be some hockey in Buffalo in October:

The Rochester Americans announced today that the Amerks’ home game versus the Hamilton Bulldogs scheduled for Sunday, Oct. 21 has been moved to Tuesday, Oct. 23 and will now be played at First Niagara Center in Buffalo at 7:35 p.m.

Doesn't inspire much hope that the NHL will be back before then, though.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dude's gotta pay for groceries with something while there's a lockout. Sheesh! Give the guy a break!
More like pay for all those industrial strength razor's he needs to shave that animal of a beard he grows on his face.

Revenant

I don't even break down into tears any more when my teams inevitably fail.

I'm all cried out.

brandon-weeden-caught-under-usa-flag.gif
TcooD.gif
153079_o.gif

truly your life is agony

Cake Boss

Banned
Hey guys do you want to play in the NHL with reduced salary?

No

Do you want to play in foreign countries in front bears and icelandic people with much much much reduced salaries?

Yeah sure.

Fuck yeah. Feels good to be back. And I really want to say FUCK the nhlpa and nhl for this lockout.

No hockey. Wth.... Nfl is eh. Basketball is garbage. I love baseball though, so I got that.

Every week that goes by I become more pessimistic that they'll save the season.

Fehr has made this out to be a battle by the poor oppressed players who are getting screwed by their employers. Neither side is too proud to compromise and make any concessions.

Would you take a deal where you know you're getting the short end of the stick ? Or would you stick to the other party and walk out on principle ?

Read an article today about a study that showed that most people would walk away rather than take a deal where they are getting screwed and getting an unfair share.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/20...rs-side-it-probably-isnt-all-about-the-money/

Every week that goes by I become more pessimistic that they'll save the season.

Fehr has made this out to be a battle by the poor oppressed players who are getting screwed by their employers. Neither side is too proud to compromise and make any concessions.

Would you take a deal where you know you're getting the short end of the stick ? Or would you stick to the other party and walk out on principle ?

Read an article today about a study that showed that most people would walk away rather than take a deal where they are getting screwed and getting an unfair share.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/20...rs-side-it-probably-isnt-all-about-the-money/

Hopefully at some point the players will realize just how fair the owners offer is and we can have some hockey this year.

Hopefully at some point the players will realize just how fair the owners offer is and we can have some hockey this year.

I doubt it.

They lost a whole year the last time and ended up caving in to the same offer(or was it worse ?) they could have taken much earlier. Despite how bad it seemed with the cap and rollback they still benefited and their salaries all went up over the years, now they like it so much they want to keep it.

So what happens if we have a full lockout and NJ wins the draft lottery? They have to forfeit it right?

We all know Phoenix will amazingly win the MacKinnon sweepstakes.

I doubt it.

They lost a whole year the last time and ended up caving in to the same offer(or was it worse ?) they could have taken much earlier. Despite how bad it seemed with the cap and rollback they still benefited and their salaries all went up over the years, now they like it so much they want to keep it.

Yeah it is crazy hearing the player say how great the current system is and how much they want to keep it when we lost a whole year to them fighting it. Even if their percentage drops to 47% if overall revenues go up, like they have every year for a while now, they could make more money. This lockout is way more frustrating then the last one.

So you've become a realist, in other words.

Well I thought I was being a realist in that the players aren't going to hold out an entire season again when they would lose less by taking the NHL's offer(which isn't as bad as Fehr makes it out to be). I figured they'll drag this out to the very last minute but still agree rather than lose a whole season again.

Quick

Banned
Is there a drop dead date for there to be a season? I cant remember when they canceled the last season.

The season was canceled on February 16, 2005. I'm assuming it'll be whenever the league hits its official halfway point (all teams going past the 41st game in their schedule).

Top Bottom