• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

If I was a player, I would just sit around in my underwear and eat cake all day.

Bacardi-Rum-Cake.jpg

You would truly be cake bossed.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Jim devallano fined $250,000 for his comments yesterday

Lol

That's gotta hurt

Though NHL gave clearance to fine upwards of $1 million

That had to be one of the largest fines I have ever seen

Jim devallano fined $250,000 for his comments yesterday

Lol

That's gotta hurt

Though NHL gave clearance to fine upwards of $1 million

That had to be one of the largest fines I have ever seen

It's sad when the fines for comments are more than with some of these illegal hits. I doubt the fine is a big deal for him, heck Ilitch will probably be like, "Here, take this, it's chump change to me so you can pay the fine".

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Follow

Linus Hugosson
‏@linushugosson
Rick Nash with a first period hat trick in his first game with Davos. Joe Thornton assisted on all three. (via @EnkelP) #nyr #sjsharks

Now I'm not sure if this says sth about how bad Columbus is or how bad the Swiss league is... mhmmm...

Smiley90

Canucks managed to keep their mascot employed and working to promote the team during the lockout, but it's citing that about 1000 people employed under Rogers Arena are fucked because of the lockout. See this Grabner? This is fucking actual unemployment. Hope your career implodes with the Islanders you little shit.

Quick

Banned
Nice to see a chappele fan in here. Legendary comedian.

Kicked him in the ass, though. He's tired as hell of being interrupted by a random Chappelle Show quote at his shows. Some shit happened in his Toronto show recently because of it.

Canucks managed to keep their mascot employed and working to promote the team during the lockout, but it's citing that about 1000 people employed under Rogers Arena are fucked because of the lockout. See this Grabner? This is fucking actual unemployment. Hope your career implodes with the Islanders you little shit.

Fucking blows. We can bitch here and complain about the NHL vs. NHLPA, but the people who really get their asses kicked are the people who work in the arenas who depend on an NHL season.

I don't think the Air Canada Centre is going to lose much or any staff, considering there's the NBA, NLL, and concerts still happening. Enough to keep them fully staffed, but probably going to be tighter without the Leafs.

Solo

Saw a guy at the grocery store today wearing a fucking ROBBIE SCHREMP Islanders jersey.

Oh fuck, I howled.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They should just replace the time slots for hockey games with airings of Slap Shot.
tumblr_m9zzujktcb1qbkqbeo1_500.gif

That's how I've learned to cope.

Smiley90

David Booth
✔
@D_Booth7
Season needs to start soon! Elk hunting is too hard.

LOL.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Well, looking forward to the 2013-2014 thread with the subtitle of "Real hockey--where every crowd now looks like a Coyotes crowd!"

These morons on both sides are going to screw the game over again. Have fun waiting over 5 years to get the crowds back again.

This.

Hockey has been growing in popularity since the last lockout. They've done a good job with the salary cap getting some decent parity. You can go to a game and have a decent feel that your team's got a shot (even Columbus). They've done a fantastic job riding the knob on superstar players to pique interest. People want to go see Crosby when he comes to town, for instance.

And now that they have a decent formula and are making money, they all get greedy about that pie.

I love hockey, but twice with this shit in one decade is enough to turn me off.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Today is the 20th anniversary of Manon Rheaume playing a period of a pre-season game for the Lightning. I remember that being a huge deal at the time.

Socreges

Banned
So I wore my Canucks jersey to the game last night and while we were waiting outside a bar afterwards a couple middle-aged female American tourists came up to me:

Tourists: "Excuse me. Are you a hockey player?"
Me: *looks down at jersey* "No, just a fan. A very sad fan."
Tourists: "Oh, we just thought... you look like a hockey player."
Me: "No, sorry. I wish."
Tourists: "Can we take a picture of you? Our friends won't know the difference." *holds up camera*
Me: "Sure, my name's Wayne Gretzky." *smiles*

Love that they thought hockey players would be going around town wearing their jerseys.

Sell me on NHL 13 please.
Dallas is topping the conference in our GM Connected league.

Revenant

So I wore my Canucks jersey to the game last night and while we were waiting outside a bar afterwards a couple middle-aged female American tourists came up to me:

Tourists: "Excuse me. Are you a hockey player?"
Me: *looks down at jersey* "No, just a fan. A very sad fan."
Tourists: "Oh, we just thought... you look like a hockey player."
Me: "No, sorry. I wish."
Tourists: "Can we take a picture of you? Our friends won't know the difference." *holds up camera*
Me: "Sure, my name's Wayne Gretzky." *smiles*

Love that they thought hockey players would be going around town wearing their jerseys.

Stealth brag.

Top Bottom