• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

sammich

I was reading that the PA wants 5 years as it coincides with the NHLs 100 year annivesary? Thats a lot of leverage for them. Its something i could see Don really fighting for. But then.. the players just want to play right.. so it makes sense to fight for a 5 year instead of a 10 year CBA.. yea..

It's not an issue they're likely to see much fan support out of though. No one wants 5 years over 10.

Dreger reporting Owner-Player only format has been terminated. She's dead Jim.

If the players really do kill this season just so they can use the 100th season to force a better deal for them selves, then I really hope none of them ever come back. The owners need to holdout for as long as it takes to get replacement players.

Talks tentatively set for noon.

On a higher floor the press does not have access to, so I doubt we get the shenanigans of yesterday.

With a 5 year deal how many players' contracts would outlive the CBA? Also 5 years is the NHL centennial, players are after leverage. Amazing, once again one side wants a deal while the other does not.

Cake Boss

Banned
How many players of the 700 in the union actually have a contract that lasts longer than 5 years? 10% at most, such a stupid thing to potentially cancel the season on.

If the PA puts that NHL offer to a vote it would get a 70% vote of the players.

"@TGfireandice: Jeremy Jacobs might have been upset yesterday, but I'm told it was moderate owners who nearly ended things and that would've been bad."

Fuck, if the players lose the moderates then they are fucked, they will get the hardliners in there and take the Make whole all out of the table.

Surge

At the end of the day all we will hear is the same old shit

"We are speaking 2 different languages"

"We are still far apart on the core issues"

Fuck off

Today and tomorrow are it. Fehr pushes too hard on the CBA length and contract issues and that's that. Make-whole will be off the table permanently and at that point decertification becomes very likely. Indefinite damage and no end in sight.

We're headed into the badlands. Lettuce hold hands.

sammich

Oh regarding the 10 year CBA:

Bob McKenzie‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

"I know PA doesn't like 10 yr CBA - 8 if opt out exercised - but I personally think long term may be only "hook" to try to win back fans."

They have a fucking 8 year opt out if im reading that correctly.

Oh regarding the 10 year CBA:

Bob McKenzie‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

"I know PA doesn't like 10 yr CBA - 8 if opt out exercised - but I personally think long term may be only "hook" to try to win back fans."

They have a fucking 8 year opt out if im reading that correctly.

Man fuck that, no way should there be an opt out. Even 10 years doesnt seem long enough.

Welcome friend.

You'll find just not giving a fuck makes these talks so much easier to deal with.

It's tough because I literally NEED hockey in my life right now to take my mind off of things, but after reading tweets this morning, fuck it. These morons will lose more money than they can imagine if these talks don't produce anything fruitful, especially how they were getting everybody's hopes up.

sammich

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
A few of the owners pushed hard yest to boost Make Whole to $300 mil to close deal. It wasn't received well which infuriated owners.

LOL.. oh man.. i dunno why im putting myself through this.

Cake Boss

Banned
"@TSNBobMcKenzie: Many players here don't like what's on table - "what's in it for us" mantra - but many others not here say this could be a workable deal."

967890_o.gif

AHHHHHHHHH THESE CUNTS.

I would have chocked one of them out if that was said across the table.

What's in it for you? You get to play a game for a living, in the greatest league in the world and make millions of dollars...still.

Fuck the players, seriously.

I need to get some GIF's ready once this falls apart LIKE EVERY OTHER TIME!! Dang you people and getting your hopes up only to have them crushed every time this happens. Season's been canceled in my book since they started "negotiations". I've been on your side Solo!

Cake Boss

Banned
@imacVanSun: Had some players tell me they're not opposed to shorter contracts. Lifetime deals benefit only a few, more $ in system helps all.

PUT IT TO A VOTE MOTHERFUCKERS!

sammich

OmG fuckin Nick Kypreous said 550000(minimum salary)or whatever is not enough to live in NY city, toronto etc.. what a fucking idiot.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
My favorite part of this was Fehr saying that it needs to be a 5-year CBA because in 5 years the league will be "full of new players" and therefore they need to have a say for themselves.

Please.

The other sports leagues went 10 years because they realized it's a circus and horribly negative for fan perception.

Cake Boss

Banned
"@brandonworley: Only 42 players in the NHL are signed to contracts of 6 years or more. Contract length would hopefully not be a stopping point here."

Top Bottom