• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

sammich

:lol

Every hear of construction workers or firefighters?

That was exactly the response from Millard and MacLean and they do it for less. And then douchenozzle states that its an apples and oranges comparison. If this is the idiocy of the players how does anyone expect a deal?.. Its frightening how stupid this guy is.

Cake Boss

Banned
Enrico Ciccone ‏ @ EnricoCiccone

Got wind that NHL Clubs are presently meeting with their brodcasters to set up the shorten season! #looksgoodpeople

Liz Mullen ‏@SBJLizMullen
Not clear if mediators will re-enter NHL talks. Hear Players raised issue. Owners said no then yes. Meanwhile, mediators not available. #NHL

WUT?

Marvie_3

Banned

Got wind that NHL Clubs are presently meeting with their brodcasters to set up the shorten season! #looksgoodpeople

Not clear if mediators will re-enter NHL talks. Hear Players raised issue. Owners said no then yes. Meanwhile, mediators not available. #NHL

WUT?
I read this as Ennio Morricone as was fucking confused for a minute.

WUT?

KgAy8.gif

sammich

Dont know if this is true or anything(HFboards post)

"kelly hrudy just said on team 1040 in vancouver that the players threatened the owners last night that if this entire process blows up, that certain players and high profile players will refuse to re sign with their current clubs."

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

"kelly hrudy just said on team 1040 in vancouver that the players threatened the owners last night that if this entire process blows up, that certain players and high profile players will refuse to re sign with their current clubs."

Talk about trying to get fans support!

Wouldnt that be more incentive for the other owners to block a deal?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

It's if decertification happens- no CBA or union should mean all contracts are void which would cause a UFA day like no other before

Those players are just saying that they will look elsewhere

Teams would have no idea what to do or who to call with 700 players as FAs

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I fail to see how that would do anything. Pretty stupid if true. I don't believe it, though.

sammich

Its just a stupid threat i think. BUT on the other side with the current state of ownership/GM's, im not sure its too far out in stupid territory. In the end they all want to win(Both sides). Players have more leverage when their contracts end. If someone like T.Segin didnt sign with Boston and said F you to Jacobs i doubt many other GM'S would be all "We got your back bro". They would most likely be getting the knives ready to stab each other in the back or lube.. whichever they would find more enjoyable.

Cake Boss

Banned
Hfboards just locked out the Lockout thread because one person couldn't find a link to a tweet but was later found minutes later, its like a bunch of 12 year old mod trying to flex his muscles.

Merguson

Banned
Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie
NHL firm stance on 5 yr term limit reflects ownership belief that long term deals on books are liability regarding franchise sales

Owners: please protect us from ourselves

I hope someone starts the podium meme again when they unlock it.

It's the best place to get an aggregation of tweets on this bullshit at work unfortunately.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Owners: please protect us from ourselves

True.

I don't blame them, though. If all owners stopped offering more than 5-year deals the PA would be screaming from the rooftops about collusion.

It's if decertification happens- no CBA or union should mean all contracts are void which would cause a UFA day like no other before

FANTASY DRAFT!!!

Not just 700 but all prospects and undrafted players.

Cake Boss

Banned
He said he won't be leaving NY until a deal is reached, its either we are close to one or we are fucked and he gave up and went home.

sammich

Well its going on 3 days since this started. I doubt they intended for it to take this long and had prior plans. Same as with the players. On the other hand, maybe some of them think that this is a lost cause.

I figure the players thought once they got Bettman out of the room, they can appeal to the owners. But then they got donkeypunched once they figured the owners are no different and Bettman is pretty much doing what they wanted.

CCF23

He said he won't be leaving NY until a deal is reached, its either we are close to one or we are fucked and he gave up and went home.

Wasn't that Burkle that said that?

Just waiting for a CCF "As I expected" post to bring things full circle.

It was never going to be smooth or easy. I still think it gets done. The players have far more to lose risking decertification and a wiped season than they do hammering this out as it stands now.

Both sides can see the finish line. They'll get there. If they don't, the players have fucked up badly and they'll end up paying for it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Well its going on 3 days since this started. I doubt they intended for it to take this long and had prior plans. Same as with the players. On the other hand, maybe some of them think that this is a lost cause.

I figure the players thought once they got Bettman out of the room, they can appeal to the owners. But then they got donkeypunched once they figured the owners are no different and Bettman is pretty much doing what they wanted.

I think it's more like they (Owners&players) get a deal done, but the players know they're not the brightest bunch so they feel they need to run it by someone "knowledgeable" = Fehr. Little do they know he's not knowledgeable, just an idiot.

Top Bottom